EYE-BALL Opinion – Gillard’s Demise – Almost done –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
30th July – The Reasons for our Anger – we are living our own self-destruction –
– 18th July – Get Old and Get Sacked –
– 3rd July – The Elephant in the Room – Gillard’s Police Investigation –
– 27th June – After the Fact: Will Gillard escape? Gillards Epitaph: Criminal or Feminist hero –
– 26th June – A Nation held to Ransom –
– 26th Jun – Independent Rob Oakeshott Quits –
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Gillard’s Demise –
– Almost done –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 30th July 2013 |
|The combined efforts by many have helped see the demise of Gillard from our Parliamentary ranks. Yet – the job is still not done –
For now those who fought for her removal can take a break and feel the satisfaction in their accomplishment.
Ms Gillard has abandoned her Victorian Home and her constituents and is moving herself back to South Australia – already packed and vacated well ahead of her parliamentary responsibilities. It is so typical of how our democracy is no longer about the people but about the individual.
Can you see a football captain sacked quitting the team … perhaps not the ideal analogy … but the context is relevant. Gillard was voted to represent the people who lived in her electorate – not to be the PM but to be representative of constituency. Why has she deserted them and please don’t think that because an election is looming is a legitimate reason.
She will be provided with a parliamentary pension somewhere near $200k+, to go along with additional perks as an ex-PM to fund the rest of her life.
Her criminal past renders her as a person who should not be entitled to live off the public purse.
In the time since Gillard was replaced by Rudd – some 4 weeks ago – the political fortunes of the ALP have responded – another reason to congratulate the efforts over the last 30 odd months to have her removed.
But from this bloggers perspective it was not so much about the ALP v coalition – Gillard had a criminal past all ALP parliamentarians knew about yet they still elevated her to be our PM. Those who fostered, schemed, lobbied, and voted for her promotion, now have to deal with their own roles played in her elevation. This should never have happened and those responsible all have to be made accountable.
There is too much invested in the AWU scandal and if Mr Rudd tries to make it go away, and the same for the Craig Thompson, Peter Slipper, and the Eddie Obeid corruption scandals, he will find his political revival will be short-lived.
Justice has to be served and seen to be served. Our parliamentary system is constantly rorted by corrupt politician’s greasing their remunerations via expense account billing – all under a sense of entitlement. It all has to be exposed.
The justice dished out to those who believe in this sense of entitlement has to be the equal of our courts, and more importantly because of the trust invested and extended to our leaders – any wrongdoing should carry harsher penalties.
If the AWU inquiry ‘goes’ away under a Rudd or Abbott Government, then a great injustice will have been served upon the Australian people.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]