EYE-BALL Opinion – The Elephant in the Room – Gillard’s Police Investigation –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 27th June – After the Fact: Will Gillard escape? Gillards Epitaph: Criminal or Feminist hero –
– 26th June – A Nation held to Ransom –
– 26th Jun – Independent Rob Oakeshott Quits –
– 24th June – The ALP Cocoon –
– 17th Jun – Our Leadership Betrayal – Entitlement should be earned, not assumed nor expected –
– 11th June – Julian Assange – An Interview worth Watching –
– 6th Jun – True Leadership – Australia is still to experience it the way it was meant –
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– The Elephant in the Room –
– Gillard’s Police Investigation –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 2nd July 2013 |
|As a young Nation by World standards, and with a human heritage made up of ‘convict stock’, Australia’s development as a Nation has hinged on our own ability to distinguish right from wrong, to know what is moral and what is immoral, and to make choices that are beyond self-interest.
Our allegiance to the Commonwealth and our Colonial masters taught us much during WWI – even more during WWII. We came of age during Vietnam when fostering new allies in America, but still felt the need that we were ‘babes in the woods’ in a globe full of Nations with centuries of history we could only envy.
Political corruption has been a part of our heritage ever since Federation – Corporate and most of how our business growth has fared has also not been without criminal involvement and intent, i.e. Bond, Skase, Spalvins, Elliot, Home a Court, Goward and many other self made men have all added to our colourful past and shown that ‘larrikin’, ‘ockerism’ combined with ‘white collar’ criminality has become our accepted way of life for success.
Rivkin proved that justice is not equal – if you can afford a legal defense, the courts allow you to be treated differently, allow the perception of justice to escape the guilty, and where poverty and the lack of a good legal defense often allows the courts to dispense justice unfairly.
As a Nation we are a long way from being complete and we still struggle with the ‘fair-go’ concept believing that petty untruths and crimes are not all that wrong. We just act out if we get caught.
How many of us have traced our heritage back and discovered forbearer’s and their reasons for being sent or coming to Australia?
The ‘Elephant’ in the room in recent years has been the Gillard AWU scandal. It has been an anchor around her credibility ever since she was elevated to Deputy PM. Mainstream media took the approach to leave it alone – even last night on the ABC’s “Q&A” – the audience did not ask a single question about whether the AWU police investigation was a factor in the reason the ALP caucus took the course of dumping Gillard.
There were no question on whether the poll’s were a reflection of the ‘blog’ campaign to damage Gillard over her criminal past.
Her dumping as Prime Minister now brings forward the opportunity for police investigators to interview Gillard as – ‘the person of interest’ – over her involvement in the AWU fraud – will it happen?
In the six days since Rudd became PM – there has not been a story anywhere in MSM about the police investigation and how it might now proceed other then Mike Smith’s blog comment yesterday.
Reports yesterday about Thompson’s court case and its expected hearings in September, can only hurt the ALP and remind voters of the other corruption scandals that are ongoing – i.e. the Obeid/MacDonald corruption scandal within NSW Labor and the corruption within the Unions, all to be exposed further in coming months if justice is to be served.
All the stories written about the fall of Gillard in recent days, and during her tenure, her association with her criminal past has never been seen nor reported on as the reason for her demise.
As a politician Gillard proved time and time again that she had the goods, that she could spar with the best of them – but for this author, it was her criminal past that prevented acceptance of her in the role as PM.
Hell – if criminals are allowed to become Prime Minister, and spread themselves among our elected MP’s and Senators, it can only confirm an outsiders view we are still a Nation of convicts, and unable to elect and promote political leaders with a moral code beyond reproach.
The continued tenure as MP’s of Slipper and Thompson, both facing serious fraud charges, and seen as criminals by most is proof enough that we allow and condone a different set of rules for politicians. They are allowed to hide in full view behind the protection of the Parliament – why is that?
In relative recent times, the case of Senator Mal Colston comes to mind – a corrupt politician allowed to serve and avoid jail time because of a disclosed terminal illness.
Was his parliamentary pension voided as a result of his actions?
A brief extract from Wikipedia about Colston’s political career is posted below: linked here
What could the ‘income of the parents estates’ relate to – the income from a lump sum parliamentary pension payout perhaps …
Colston escaped justice and remained on the taxpayers payroll until he died. His wife and now son were and are beneficiaries of his parliamentary pension.
Australia’s apathy to criminal behaviour in our Political Leaders is our own legacy – it will only change when outrage forces a change.
Gillards AWU fraud involvement is such an opportunity and the crime itself and its cover-up involves so many current and past political leaders, it would be the opportunity for our Leaders to draw a line and make an example.
As a Nation we are owed this. We have to bring this to a head and force the Parliament into change in the way pre-selection of candidates are vetted and is conducted.
Gillard owns her past and she now needs to be made accountable for it. Her conning of the ALP and the electorate into a – ‘I did nothing wrong’ belief has to be exposed in full view.
Her retiring parliamentary pension entitlement of $200k a year, plus all the perks of being an ex-PM running to near $1 million a year, has to be reviewed if her criminality in the AWU fraud is proven.
Not pursuing this investigation is not an option.
The people who helped promote Gillard to the Leadership role also have a case to answer – they were also AWU Union heavyweights who knew of the fraud yet still promoted Gillard with the knowledge of her involvement. Bob Carr is involved, Graham Richardson, and many other Labor MP’s, past and present, all have knowledge and yet they stayed silent.
Condoning a criminal past that had someone ‘struck-off’ in legal terms, and to allow them to be elected to serve as the Prime Minister, proves we have not come far from our convict heritage, and we still have a long way to go before we can call ourselves ‘decent and honest’ people.
We are perhaps one of the most tolerant Nations in the world – we can accept anything that has fairness and does not impinge on the way each of us want to live our lives. Cross that line and deliver us something that has a smell about it, and you can kiss that tolerance goodbye for good.
We are harsh judges when it comes to small things. The bigger picture stuff is beyond most and we just don’t care as a general rule. Touch or harm our kids, or try to shake us down and you’ll see a different side to our lay-back yobbo way of life.
When it comes to Politics, everybody gets a fair go and you only get one chance, screw us over or tell us a lie and we don’t forgive.
We are easily sold on a political message until someone else gives us a reason to doubt – very few care enough to get interested and follow Political Parties or their policies.
We are gullible and rely on the media to keep us informed and that trust is always abused.
We just don’t really care, we all know that Politicians lie and are corrupted, the very nature of how our democracy operates breeds deals and trade-offs and that always involves some sort of corruption. Until we can tell right and wrong when they stare us in the face and be prepared to risk personal safety to defend it, we are no better than our heritage …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]