EYE-BALL Opinion – After the Fact: Will Gillard escape? Gillards Epitaph: Criminal or Feminist hero –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 26th June – A Nation held to Ransom –
– 26th Jun – Independent Rob Oakeshott Quits –
– 24th June – The ALP Cocoon –
– 17th Jun – Our Leadership Betrayal – Entitlement should be earned, not assumed nor expected –
– 11th June – Julian Assange – An Interview worth Watching –
– 6th Jun – True Leadership – Australia is still to experience it the way it was meant –
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– After the Fact: Will Gillard escape? –
– Gillards epitaph: criminal or Feminist hero? –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 27th June 2013 |
|The ballot result – 57-45 was convincing enough – but came far too late to resurrect true Labor supporters.
The end to end media coverage yesterday got it wrong most of the day in who would be victor, and it was not until Shorten made his statement of support for Rudd 30 minutes or so before the ballot that it became clear Rudd had the numbers.
ABC’s Chris Ulman reported Shorten was trying to get his supporters to vote for Rudd, whilst he would remain faithful and vote for Gillard as a show of support. The truth if this is so is that Shorten has cooked himself as the instigator that pulled the trigger on two Prime Ministers just months away from an election – surely his star has faded …
It was reported the Shorten faction gave Shorten a ultimatum – ‘if you want us to vote for Rudd it will only be after you declare publicly that you support Rudd’. That quite possible was an ultimatum that will crush Shorten’s own ambitions to be Leader.
Shorten and Paul Howes are now due a stoush that could see the AWU splinter asunder …
Today will be a day of the long knives and all done away from the prying eyes of the media and public.
What happens now – Abbott’s game plan will be to attack Rudd basis the commentary offered up by ALP Ministers who dumped on him 18 months ago.
This strategy will be a moving target on both sides – negative campaigns have a way of turning feral on those who engage in it.
If poll momentum builds for Rudd pressure will go on Abbott and he may find himself in a Leadership question given how the Coalition held the table whilst Gillard remained PM.
Indications are that the GG will support Rudd as PM and that will be tested on the floor this afternoon if Abbott wants. Rudd’s immediate task is to fill his Cabinet under his statement – ‘all is forgiven’ …
Senior Ministers have already quit and already around 4 or 5 have stated they won’t be re-contesting the next election. There will be more revealed in coming days. Those already announced – Gillard, Emerson, Garrett, and Roxon.
The morning shows are chock full of accolades for Gillard – and this is the truth about the shallowness of our media – nobody tells it like it is – it’s a soap opera and the key word is ‘entertainment’.
This site has been committed to getting rid of ‘Gillard the criminal’ – and now that she is gone the focus will allow a more reasonable approach to the political agenda.
Gillards fate with her criminal past will still be a focus but me thinks a deal has been done … and that is a greater injustice than Gillard having be promoted to serve as our PM.
All the ‘wake’ commentary this morning is about Gillard’s status as the ‘first female PM’ and how will Australia respond to her being disposed of in the same fashion as she disposed of Rudd, her predecessor, and her successor … such irony …
What will be interesting to see will be if the ‘blogland’ hatred of Gillard will transfer to Rudd … an era has finished and the next few months will decide so much about who we are and where we are headed as a Nation …
The circus continues ….
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]