EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL MediaZone Growl No: 2 – The SMH’s – Mark Kenny … Chief Political Correspondent
– EYE-BALL MediaZone Growl No: 2 –
– The SMH’s – Mark Kenny – chief political Correspondent –
– on a story titled –
“Gillard’s fine reforms slip between the gap…”
| Author: EYE-BALL MediaZone | 9th May 2013 |
|The EYE-BALL MediaZone aims to highlight media content that misleads, is inaccurate in its reporting, and has an agenda other than to report the facts as they relate to the content and context of the story.Today’s story was a clanger and was to be expected from the ALP loving Fairfax Media owned Sydney Morning Herald. Their Chief Political Correspondent Mark Kenny penned a story that told us:
It is a stretch by any journalist to claim that Gillard’s record – ‘holds up well’ … any journalist who does have an agenda that is in conflict with reality often writes about what troubles them most. That is why editors are there to ensure objectivity … but what can you do when the Editors have the same problem.
What motivates a journalist to promote ‘chuck stake’ as ‘prime rib’ as Gillard is to Paul Keating, or Bob Hawke. Surely a journalist understands the difference and that they should never slant a story to promote their own political views … yet, we live in an age where the media have become mouthpieces of the message the Government wants sold. The Media industry have become street beggars, street walkers prepared to sell their column space for an inside tip to a bigger story. Politicians use these media whores like masters abuse their slaves … and the media keep coming back for more.
Sadly – there are not too many alternatives when trying to understand Mark Kenny’s point of view in his version of Gillard history reproduced in full below:
When Kenny writes – [bullet points added]
… I laughed my arse off – and that is no mean fit given how big it is …
Government has three main stay obligations, Welfare, Health and Education … Defence runs a distant fourth to these other three. Collectively, Welfare, Health and Education make up 60% of all Government expenditure … add defence and the number jumps to 66%.
Any Government who understand their charter tinker with these numbers according to political views – ALP are more generous on welfare and social programs, Coalition Governments lean toward less welfare and more business incentives. A political journalist has to know this … yet Kenny sees the NBN as a success yet Minister Conroy is yet to deliver a success story on any forecast NBN targets.
The School funding on top of the ‘Schools building Program’ fiasco where ALP loving contractors made themselves filthy rich at the taxpayers expense and all to the generosity of one Julia Eileen Gillard who was in charge of the program and had criminal history with the Thiess Contractors who won a large share of the rebuilding program.
Reforming aged care – a no brainer for a Government with an aging population and less hospital beds, less nursing home beds, and a growing need for both. What are the reforms Mr Kenny – again you flash a policy initiative and claim it to have been a success yet you don’t produce the rhetoric that backs and supports your view. Honest and truthful facts gets a journalist creds with readers – Kenny is but one of many Journalists inflicted with the Gillard/Swan disease – tell it like you know what you’re talking about, and then let others write about what they know … nobody writes about the facts anymore – it’s all about the illusion and the perception that every word is indeed about the message the Government wants told.
Who is Mr Kenny kidding – the intent to do good does no measure or count when all we see is ‘failure’ to honour the promise made by the Government of the day. Implementing a policy that is funded and cost neutral at the outset, and then due to gross incompetence, or a deliberate fraud about the numbers when the revenues raised, or the new taxes to pay for the policies fail to raise the revenues expected, does not give the Government a pass mark.
Kenny says –
Global warming and the Digital age … these are crux phrases, waffle words, a macro stretch and used by Kenny as a smoke screen for what lies beneath … the Carbon Tax – Gillard’s plan to fight global warming is in meltdown, the digital age – was here long before Gillard walked on stage …
I have no idea in what context Kenny was trying to portray Gillard as a success story in this story – and as such his article won the MediaZone Growl award for today. Kenny’s story is about painting Gillard in positive terms when 70+% of Australia believe she is a negative for the welfare of the Nation. What makes a journalist take on those types of odds …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion’s – MEDIAZONE …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]