EYE-BALL Opinion – Truthful and Honest Government – the expectation of a Nation as opposed to – Corrupted integrity and Dishonest Government –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 6th May – Gillard’s Real Problem – a truthful expose on her past deeds –
– 5th May – The Drugs in Sport Scandal – it’s not about the DRUGS – it never was …
– 5th May – Free-to-Air TV and NRL Broadcasts – it’s definitely not about pleasing the fans –
– 4th May – Truth and Clarity of facts count – the real cost of Gillards asylum seeker policy –
– 27th Apr – Gillard’s long walk of shame is almost nigh – her past is about to catch up with her …
– 25th Apr – Prime Minister “JEZEBEL” – Does she deserve the Respect of the People? –
– 24th Apr – The Australian’s Hedley Thomas & Friends – Still hunting down Gillard over the AWU Scandal –
– 24th Apr – Our Higher Education System – Universities fudging research for Higher Funding –
– 20th Apr – Gillard’s Hubris – YUCK – has nothing but contempt for the Disabled and Education –
– 3rd Apr – Gillard v Nth Korea –
– 2nd Apr – Gillard – twisting and turning on the spit – there are no fools like old fools –
– 30th – Be careful what you wish for –
– 28th Mar – Apathy – Australian’s have it in spades and deservedly so –
– 23rd Mar – Legitimacy –
– 19th Mar – A downside of Democracy – and the ease in which past Leaders move on –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– A Truthful and Honest Government –
– the expectation of a Nation as opposed to –
– Corrupted Integrity & a Dishonest Government –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 8th May 2013 |
|Some of us a driven by an unerring passion for absolute truth and honesty from our elected Leaders, and the process of Government.This matter again came to light in a recent verbal debate with a site contributor.
The debate focused on whether an individual can change public opinion, or whether an individual who voices an opinion is just pissin’ in the wind.
During the debate opinions were exchanged/expressed about whether most of Australia’s voters don’t care about Gillard having a criminal background, or are happy to know about her AWU past and allow her to continue to serve as our Prime Minister.
This author has a zero tolerance for right and wrong – he’s lived his live along those lines, and in all honesty that black and white attitude has caused immeasurable pain and suffering during a life that is littered with extreme highs and more extreme lows.
There were no shades of grays and that made expectations beyond what other people could live up to.
There is no moral judgement that can be applied that has not already been considered for living a life in this way – children, spouse, family, friends, and the like all suffered as a result.
This blog site begins to expose its underbelly and reason for being. This author continues to have a number of passions, and takes all the content hereto seriously.
A continuing and overriding belief is that in Leadership – there is absolutely no room for errors of judgement, and no room for moral hesitation when it comes to electing a Leader. Sure – mistakes will be made and in those instances where Leadership is responsible – full disclosure should be made.
In that context – the belief is held that Gillard’s pursuit of the Prime Ministership given her own knowledge of her AWU involvement, and her own awareness of the cover-up that existed to hide her breach to her Lawyer’s oath, these matters should have made her acutely aware that she was an unfit person to serve as a Prime Minister, or to serve in any capacity where public trust in public monies was involved.
Her exposed involvement and what more is to follow when Police investigations are concluded and revealed, should have made her realise that a day of reckoning would come, and the cost of that reckoning will impact on this Nation for a long time to come.
How does a Nation live down an elected criminal who serve as their Prime Minster?
In that context – every like-minded Australian should feel a moral obligation to do what is necessary to bring Gillard down and free the Nation from whom and what she is as a person.
This opinion is not a political choice between the ALP or the Opposition – it is on record that I personally have never voted anything but ALP in Federal, State, and Local elections in a 40 odd year voting record.
There have many been times where I have voted ‘None of the Above’ when in disagreement nor liked the candidates put forward. I have never voted for the Coalition in any context and that stems from a career in financial markets during the Hawke and Keating eras where deregulation made heroes of both.
This author is not naive to a point in believing that every administration does not keep its secrets, nor withholds information, nor leaks information to influence public opinion, nor tells direct lies to cover up mistakes.
The question is whether the morality and integrity of those making those types of decisions are honest and above reproach. The ‘perfect world’ can exists, or at least we should strive for it. Having corrupt politicians serving as our Leaders only makes it easier for them to avoid the moral issues and make decisions where vested interests prevail.
Everybody can and should be afforded the lesson of learning from ones own mistakes. Gillards mistakes were covered-up and that was her lifetime ‘get out of jail free’ card.
Using the cover-up to clear the path for her to become Prime Minister is an overreach that highlights the corruptive elements within her ALP colleagues, and the Unions who dictate the terms and conditions under which their candidates and representatives become our Leaders.
The ALP has for a number of decades become a cesspool of corruption and has the intent to use high office to profit individuals.
The Obeid, and MacDonald ICAC inquiries are ongoing proof of just how embedded the corruption has become. This exposure is not alone, and the ALP are not the only political parties with corrupt Members and Administrators.
An example of self-serving interests – in the initial days of the GFC PM Rudd froze all parliamentary salaries as a measure that was as much about public sacrifices being matched by our Leaders.
Prior to this – Parliamentary Superannuation has been a continued area of frustration for the electorate – MP retirement privileges are far in excess of the average Australian and the cost to Australian taxpayers over time has left a liability owing to retired and current MP’s, Senators, Judges and all those linked to the Parliamentary Superannuation scheme – well in excess of $300 billion.
It is baseline wrong to allow Politicians to vote themselves new pay scales and perks – Corporate require shareholder approval for similar pay increases. It is a corrupted process, and yet it has been for some time.
Another casing example of what I see as Politicians voting themselves a wrongful vested interest is in Parliamentary Superannuation entitlements. If Gillard and Swan were to lose their seat in the Sept 2013 election – the value of their retirement package is estimated at near $6-7 million a piece.
Yet it is non contributory benefits scheme – that retirement value will be a direct drain on future taxpayers tax collections. Swan has served since 1993, having missed a single term from 1996, Gillard has served since 1998.
Most working people work life extends 40+ years – and they contribute to their retirement package all their working lives. Yet a politician is entitled to a life long pension based on a minimum of 8 years service regardless of age when they leave public office. See table at left:
In Another sign of Gillards flippant regard for public funds – in the immediate weeks after Gillard deposed Rudd as PM – she began
Yet in all the time since the GFC – Gillard and her Ministers have use the GFC to blame the economic downturn, and urged restraint for the Nation’s private sector, all the while allowing public spending to run amok. The new $300 billion new debt is there to prove it.
There is an hypocrisy in the choices made by all MP’s on this recent pay rise – i.e. not one of the 150 MP’s from all sides of politics voted against the legislation to pass these salary increases.
It is not hard to hold scepticism about Leadership given some of the corruption scandals that have come to light in each of our lifetimes. That sentiment has existed since time and leadership began.
We have to be in a position to have absolute trust in our Leaders and believe in a Government that is as absolute in its acceptance of moral and ethical standards. The media largely cover the responsibility of ‘keeping Government’s honest’.
When the media abdicate their responsibility for vested favours from the Government – we are at the center of a corruption and ethical equation that has only one answer and headed to a single outcome.
Gillard is the perfect example of a corrupted person appointed to a position in which her predisposition is to lie and deceive all those around her. The media are her friends and accept her version and refuse to challenge her on her credentials, the lies, the policy failures, and the multitude of mistakes made along the way.
The continued cover-up, and mis-representation of the Nations finances has added to the creation of the ‘perfect-storm’. The Government of the day sees nothing wrong with lying to and deceiving the public every day about their policy’s, about the extent of the Nations finances, the motives and agenda behind deceiving the electorate, and using the media to help sell their message of deceit.
With this complete mistrust in Gillard and her Cabinet of sycophants – my motive to pursue Gillards downfall is revealed with full disclosure.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]