EYE-BALL Opinion – Gillard’s long walk of shame is almost nigh – her past is about to catch up with her …
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 25th Apr – Prime Minister “JEZEBEL” – Does she deserve the Respect of the People? –
– 24th Apr – The Australian’s Hedley Thomas & Friends – Still hunting down Gillard over the AWU Scandal –
– 24th Apr – Our Higher Education System – Universities fudging research for Higher Funding –
– 20th Apr – Gillard’s Hubris – YUCK – has nothing but contempt for the Disabled and Education –
– 3rd Apr – Gillard v Nth Korea –
– 2nd Apr – Gillard – twisting and turning on the spit – there are no fools like old fools –
– 30th – Be careful what you wish for –
– 28th Mar – Apathy – Australian’s have it in spades and deservedly so –
– 23rd Mar – Legitimacy –
– 19th Mar – A downside of Democracy – and the ease in which past Leaders move on –
– 16th Mar – The UNION’s – someone needs to tell them – about high labour costs –
– 15th Mar – Gillard decides to jump off the cliff – she would like us to all to accept her invitation to follow – her desperation is obvious and her judgement is becoming suicidal –
– 14th Mar – Conroy’s Proposed Media Overlord –
– 12th Mar – The Speaker of the House Fails all Australians – Question time is a farce, avoiding accountability –
– 11th Mar – On Education – ‘The Munsters’ style – Bowen and Garrett put on a show –
– 10th Mar – The Nation is Slipping Away – can you feel it? –
– 9th Mar – The Dribble … it’s just so exhausting …
– 6th Mar – Journalist’s – the perils of Slow News Days –
– 5th Mar – Gillard and Rooty Hill – why not Gillard helping the WA Election Campaign –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Gillard’s long walk of shame is almost nigh –
– Her past is about to catch up with her –
– Goodnight Labor …
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 27th Apr 2013 |
|The net is closing around Gillard and Australia is poised for history. Why her Caucus still support her defies all logic and is a question in itself. That question surrounds:
Surely if our Legal system is to be preserved and serve justice – the matter where all Public Servants are forced to step aside pending the completion of investigations when serious allegations are made – why does the Prime Minister have special privileges, and allowed to retain her office and use that office to influence the outcome of her own investigation?
Gillard could have gone to the polls early to clear the deck on all that overhangs her – instead she chose to force all Australians into a record breaking seven month election campaign.
She could have made anyone of her new policy’s for Gonski, and NIDS an election gambit prompting an early election to seek a mandate from the people. Yet she has chosen to rush through the legislation with a gun to the head of all the States on the Gonski reforms funding, and the NDIS – ahead of the election, and risk the House and Senate rejecting the legislation.
Gillard wants to forge her own legacy – she knows she will be beaten at the Sept ’13 Election, she does not admit it publicly, but she knows she is done.
To the detriment of all Australian’s Gillard has dug her heels in and has an agenda to muddy to waters for the incoming Government.
The dye for the next Governments performance and agenda will have been dictated to by what Gillard leaves behind. She is that vindictive … if she was a dog – you’d call her a mongrel bitch and take her out back and shoot her.
If she were to respect the Office she serves, as opposed to using the Office to serve her own agenda – she would not play chicken with the media and the law enforcement agencies in daring them to make their charges and create the very history she knows confronts her. She has elected to place the burden of proof on those who want to see her charged – as she is entitled to do.
But it is a devils game of bluff with such high office – Nixon tried and failed and Gillard is no Nixon. Her bluff and bluster has all the legal minds on tenterhooks in the outcomes if they were to call her bluff. You tell me how justice is being served in this context.
The AWU scandal has been out of the news cycle for some weeks now and is about to splash our News feeds with new version’s of old truths. Gillard’s poll numbers will fall further with these stories and challenge her 25% numbers of a year or so ago.
At what point do the 50% or so of ALP caucus members who still support her respond …
If Gillard had any integrity left, and any respect for the office – she would do the right thing and exit before she completely destroys what remains of the ALP for decades to come.
This AWU scandal has reignited again because if the interview she gave to 2GB’s Ben Fordham on the 7th March 2013.
Gillard made a mistake in accepting this interview invitation – her normally feisty media control lapsed in the seemingly comfort privacy of her own limo from whence she gave the phone interview.
She was already having a rough week in ‘Rooty Hill’ to cover up the ‘unwelcome sign’ handed to her by the WA ALP leader who did not want her anywhere near his State election campaign.
There is no doubt Gillard underestimated Fordham’s toughness and she let him get under her guard. She is now about to pay a heavy price for that mistake.
Whether her media advisor gave her a bad profile on Ben Fordham and thought him a lightweight – and lets face it outside of NSW Fordham is known as Karl’s sidekick on the ‘Today’ show, or whether Gillard thought she could dictate and intimidate Fordham as she does every other interviewer, is for Gillard to answer.
This ‘limo-interview’ is becoming National news and is made available again below – Interview date: 7th Mar 2013.
This interview proved just how bad a week Gillard was having in ‘Rooty Hill’ …
To have allow the interview to continue when Gillard had to have known she had lost control and knew the direction Fordham’s questions were headed was her first mistake. Fordham’s questions were incriminating and she knew her answers were all over the place. Fordham to his credit did not back off.
Gillard was surprised by Fordham’s questions and his pursuit of precise answers to those questions. It was something she has hardly ever been exposed to before.
She tried to respond with her usual answer but not an answer obfuscation trying all the while to politicise the response – but Fordham used his skills to corral and put Gillard on the defensive several times. Normally in these types of interviews Gillard has all the chips – but Fordham attacked her like a puppy poodle with sharks teeth – well done Ben and you showed up the dearth in journalistic integrity in this Nation.
This is the type of questioning that serious and senior journalists have never been able to ask Gillard. In fact – all Gillard’s press conferences normally have a hand-picked guest list – and the journalists know that if they don’t heel they won’t be invited back.
There was a follow-up comment by Fordham to all his listeners this week when he was contacted by Victorian Police and asked if he would be wiling to give a statement about the interview and the comments made.
Hear that broadcast below:
In the time since Fordham’s clarification that ‘Gillard’ is under Police investigation earlier this week, National interest has again been perked.
Hedley Thomas did a story on the 24th Apr 2013 in regards to Fordham’s 2GB show revelation that he had been contacted by the Victorian police – read that story here …
Since then, the story has nested and mainstream media – with the exception of News Ltd publications – have largely left it alone.
Thomas again revisited the facts and wrote another story in the ‘Weekend Australian’ – that story is published below:
Mainstream media outside ‘News Ltd’ publications refuse to report on the story – what is it that Gillard has over Fairfax that they are so intimidated from pursuing Gillard. Gillard’s performance in that Ben Fordham interview shows she is being less than honest with the truth – if she was in the room with Blewitt she should just say it and it goes away.
Gillard has never been under oath in any of these Q&A’s – but when the police come to question her she will be under an oath or sorts. She can refuse to answer the questions but that will only cast more suspicion – how would that look to the Australian public when a sitting Prime Minister is questioned by police and refuses to answer the questions on the basis it might incriminate her.
Now – this is the tickle … police try to entrap suspects in a lie and then produce proof to the contrary – who knows what Gillard’s Secretary has said, who knows what searches have been done with Airlines ticket sales, passenger manifests, motel room bookings, and the like. If Gillard answers ‘I don’t recall’ then the other evidence more than incriminates Gillard because she can’t refute the claims.
We all know that Gillard lies and has told some big ones at that – she might debate they are political lies and that all politicians lie. But with respect to the way she has answered questions on this AWU scandal, she knows there is a difference in telling a direct lie and answering in an indirect way.
The way she responded to Ben Fordham when he put it to her that she was in the room with Ralph Blewitt and she responded be it a reluctant – ‘yes’ – I bet London to a brick – that is what the Victorian Police are interested in.
The lingering and follow-up questions are numerous and just don’t go away – why all media outlets don’t run this story for its true value is a crime in itself.
Exposing a Prime Minister of Australia involvement with a fraud that happened 20 years ago and refusing to be – ‘on the record’ with her answers has to be news.
If anyone believes the past ‘staged-managed’ press conferences Gillard gave have been accurate ‘on the record’ accounts is a fool. The right questions were never asked – they never probed or allowed follow-up questions. All the questions were vetted and Gillard’s answers were prepped by her staff after deep consultation with legal representatives advising her what answers would suffice, and not what to say.
There have been plenty of bloggers who continue to carrying the message, and some feeder publications, but in essence the National Broadcaster – The ‘ABC’ – funded by the Federal Government and recently given an out of contract increase to funding by Gillard, has a cupboard full of Labor supporting journalists who have lost all their objectivity. There has even been Tribunal hearings on the pro bias Gillard reporting and attacks against those who have trashed her.
The chief of these ALP loving journalist’s is former Bob Hawke media advisor Barry Cassidy – the Presenter of ‘Insiders’. In fact one of the ‘Insiders’ bench presenters in Glen Milne was sacked from the program in late 2011 for writing about the AWU scandal in ‘The Australian’ – see SMH story her …
I can guarantee you that Gillard is guilty of conduct unbecoming of a licensed Solicitor – her actions have not allowed her to practice Law again. On that basis alone a series of question for Gillard to answer should be about her Slater & Gordon dismissal, and what conditions were imposed with regard to her practicing Law again. Six months after the sacking – Gillard did not renew her Solicitors License and has never practiced Law again.
Fordham’s questioning on the use of the AWU name in the known ‘slush fund’ intent, as the ‘AWU workforce reform association’ … was also on the mark.
Gillards answers were again vague and obfuscated around the question trying to avoid direct answers.
This is important – it goes to the quality of advice Gillard claims she was offering to Wilson and Blewitt as employees of the real AWU Slater and Gordon client.
If she knew the association and their accounts was to be a ‘slush fund’ and not a re-election fund that was stated on the application to incorporate the Association – Gillard breached her Legal responsibilities and will face charges that could have her struck off. Slater and Gordon know this and would have been the reason they dismissed her with conditions.
If Slater and Gordon were ultimately made responsible for Gillard’s conduct and faced a legal challenge from the real Slater and Gordon AWU client – Gillard’s conduct would have become a matter of public record. The crime is in the cover-up and there are many people involved in that.
There is no way they will all stick to their stories and Gillard has to know that her time will eventually run out.
None of the then Senior Slater and Gordon Partners want to talk about it.
Journalist worth anything would be on this story like flies on a dungheap – yet the Fairfax press stay silent and the likes of David Marr – a Director of Fairfax and muse to his own ego tries hard to pontificate his neutrality – he fails miserably.
How Oakeshott and Windsor continue to support Gillard raises more questions about what they received in return for their continuing support. There is nothing about Gillard’s Leadership that inspires – in fact it does the opposite and Australia is the loser on so many levels.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]