EYE-BALL’s Guru on – Government not happy about its tax collect – Claims Tax Minimisation deserves ‘Naming and Shaming’ –
|Latest GURU Posts:
– 31st Mar – The Cyprus Bail-out –
– 31st Mar – Australia’s Debt – and the idiots Managing the Treasury –
– 20th Feb – Australia’s Parliamentary Remunerations – Part II – Entitlements and Allowances –
– 13th Feb – Australia’s Public Sector Remunerations Part I – Parliamentarians “Base-Salary” and “Additional” entitlements –
– 31st Jan – The Devil is in the Detail, there is none – Gillard chooses shock, awe & Spin over Policy –
– 23rd Jan – The Turmoil is Already here – We just have to accept what is coming –
– 22nd Jan – The Turmoil is beginning – Japan’s Economic Stimulus to tip the scales –
– 20th Jan – Wayne Swan Tips his hat at New Yorker’s –
– 10th Jan – The ANZ Whitehaven Hoax –
– 5th Jan 2013 – Financial ‘Ghosts’ from the Past – Hawke and Keating v Gillard and Swan –
– 29th Dec – The Great Big Financial Swindle – Part II – The ‘Budget Surplus’ Backflip – Swan tells his own Porkies …
– 22nd Dec – The Great Big Financial Swindle – Part 1 – The ‘Budget Surplus’ Backflip – Swan serves up Senator Wong
– 14th Dec – The Walls are crumbling – Government admits High A$ policy is hurting –
– 4th Dec – Retailers and bureaucrats don’t understand – high A$ value responsible for off-shore purchases –
To see more GURU posts: – click here …
– Government not happy about its tax collect –
– Claims Tax Minimisation deserves ‘Naming and Shaming’ –
| Author: EYE-BALL Guru | 3rd Apr 2013 |
|The Treasurer Wayne Swan, and his Assistant Treasurer David Bradbury are on a crusade to ‘name and shame’ large multi-national companies who they believe to not be paying their fair share of the Tax burden. This policy is proof positive that we have ‘Nutters and Loonies’ operating as politicians.You have to be a special type of ‘dumb’ to gain admission to this ‘Nutters and Loonies’ asylum, and Swan and Bradbury prove everyday they belong.
The reasons behind the Treasury’s want to ‘name and shame’ the large companies and expose the tax they pay is explained further in the following article:
It is obvious that Swan and Bradbury don’t truly understand that tax minimisation is legal in this Nation – they just want to complain about their inability to design a new tax policy that would pass through the House and work to raise further tax revenue.
Kerry Packer said it best at the Nov 1991 House of Representatives Select Committee inquiry into Print Media – see [selected response] YouTube clip below:
Slide the Play indicator to the ‘7min 30 sec’ mark to hear Packers views on Tax:
This video proves beyond any doubt that Politicians don’t understand the implications of their legislations once passed into law. It proves they don’t understand business functions period … it provides ever reason to insist that our Politicians needs and must have a business background of some standing before they enter politics. One can say that the inexperience modern-day politicians have in the private sector is a reason for most of the policy failures inflicted upon us.
Swan’s and Bradbury’s frustrations at their own budget catastrophe’s is evidenced in their desperation to publicly ‘name and shame’ companies into making generous tax concessions to fund this Governments overspend.
This is socialist policy – the money managers have shown their willingness to spend taxpayers funds on policies they legislate to a specific policy agenda. It is only now after some 5 years of Government that the continued funding of those policies can’t be met. Having placed the Nation in a position of some $300 billion in new debt, the Government want to blame companies and have them come forward and make ex-gratia type tax donations.
If the Government can’t legally raise the funds under their current tax laws, why should they be allowed to advertise a ‘name and shame’ file trying to blame others for their own shortcomings? This is a dangerous precedent … –
Trying to rally public opinion against multi-nationals for their own federal budget failures sets precedents that opens discussions about the integrity of any off-shore investment in this Nation.
Swan has bragged about the ‘pipeline of investment’ promised – he is a fool’s fool when he does. Naming and shaming these overseas based multi-nationals will not hasten the ‘pipeline investment’ – it will turn it away. How stupid can it be to chastise the very investment used to beat a population over the importance of teh sair off-shore investment?
There are many ways the Government could address the tax minimisation schemes indirectly –
You either want off-shore investment or do don’t. If you you restrict such investment you run the risks of that same capital being used to compete against you.
Any idiot can understand that equation – yet it seems that Swan and Bradbury have extreme difficulty in understanding what it is they are doing when they talk about a ‘name and shame’ policy that targets these multi-national investment funds.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thank you
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
The EYE-BALL Guru …