EYE-BALL Opinion – On Education – ‘The Munsters’ style – Bowen and Garrett put on a show –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 10th Mar – The Nation is Slipping Away – can you feel it? –
– 9th Mar – The Dribble … it’s just so exhausting …
– 6th Mar – Journalist’s – the perils of Slow News Days –
– 5th Mar – Gillard and Rooty Hill – why not Gillard helping the WA Election Campaign –
– 4th Mar – Gillard and her ‘Rent a Crowd’ – It’s all about – Me…Me…Me… & I…I…I… –
– 4th Mar – Abbott still in chase mode – Will he ever choose to be a Leader –
– 3rd Mar – Government – The Best PONZI Scheme ever –
– 28th Feb – Media Ownership Agenda – The Gillard Asylum trying to shoot the messenger –
– 27th Feb – Governance under Gillard – No Care and No end Responsibility –
– 26th Feb – Gillard – ‘Dead Woman Walking’ –
– 25th Feb – Gillard – Killing You Softly –
– 19th Feb – The “Asylum Welfare Union Assoc” [AWU-A] – Incorporated by Gillard, for the benefit of Gillard, and sacrificed by all for Gillard –
– 19th Feb – The Peter Slipper AFP Charge Sheet –
– 19th Feb – The Australian’s Hedley Thomas on – Gillard’s links to Federal Court candidate Bernard Murphy – not revealed –
– 19 Feb – Gillard – A Leadership Bully – Woman with Balls proves she is no Leader –
– 19th Feb – Gillard – Leadership Bully –
– 19th Feb – A ‘Sports Doping’ Update – a ploy to kill the Obeid and Thompson news cycle –
– 17th Feb – Politics has lost its ‘Bling’ – the shallowness of Social media reflected in politics –
– 17th Feb – The Australian Parliament – Question Time – Standing Orders – and the abuse of –
– 7th Feb – Telstra Corp and their Bigpond service – again failing to respect their customers …
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– On Education – The Munsters’ style –
– Bowen and Garrett put on a show –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 11th Mar 2013 |
|Did anyone see the Bowen and Garrett press conference this morning on Education?
Really – with Garrett in the background and looking like ‘Herman’ out of the TV sitcom “The Munsters” – and Bowen doing his best as the ‘Grandpa’ – together they resembled a ‘blast from the past’ comedy duo rather than serious policy deliverers on Education and the Gonski Report reforms.
The Gonski Report is a report based on historical learnings about education – it does not cover future directions based on changing labour markets and the opportunities that labour market will require. When the report was first released in Dec 2011 – there was interest and the ABC filed this report on the Gonski recommendations.
Having perused the Gonski report – where is the research into global trends, and more importantly data relating to Australia since the GFC with respect for:
Common sense tells us that computer skills are essential and primary schools are preparing children – but not half as much as the children are teaching themselves at home and from the internet. Knowledge on and about technology skills is being learnt every awake hour – yet school is seen as a drag and an intrusion to the life skills needed to survive in a modern world.
The Gonski Report does not address these issues.
Governments are so far behind on the refresh and upgrade needed to understand the new educational trends. The Teachers are not versed in these new trends and are unable to adapt without intensive training. Higher education modules embrace the internet and allows video attendance and on-line submissions for completed tasks … but what ‘Herman and Grandpa’ were advocating this morning is not targeting the higher end education, but at the early years and teacher quality … and have they got it completely wrong.
Garrett’s record proves he will follow orders. The recent command from Gillard is to prepare the electorate for the Gonski Report reforms and proposes to spend some $6 billion to initialise those reforms.
Garrett was a rock star and the President of the Australian Conservation Foundation for two terms – 1989-93 and 1999-2004, it is why the ALP targeted him as a high-profile candidate. As a politician he has failed every task asked of him the electorate has entitlement to expect more of the same under this policy initiative.
As the Federal Minister for School Education & Early Childhood and Youth – how many parents sleep well with the image of Garrett as a former rock star, and now in charge of young children’s education? Garrett’s bio before he entered politics in 2004 and as displayed on his APH profile page states:
ALP have not delivered on any of their major policy initiatives under Gillard – neither in terms of budgeted forecasts [2012-13 promised surplus], cost containment [School computers], delivery of services [NBN], and the list is endless, Pink Bats, School Building program, MRRT, Carbon Tax, Superannuation, Single Mother welfare, etc … …
How then can a Government on life support and in all good conscience – be thinking of committing this Nation to further high costing policies when the red ink still flows on the 2012-13 promised surplus and now looking more like a $30 billion over spend?
Bowen’s failure as Immigration Minister to reign in the ‘boat people’ problem was not all his doing. He wanted to implement alternative policies but was overruled by Cabinet and Gillards has to wear this stuff-up all on her own.
His shift to his current Ministerial responsibilities this year has given him a chance to shine before the next election. But honestly – he is just another Gillard mouthpiece and not the formulator of this new policy initiative.
Bowen’s APH Bio has this to say about his credentials before entering politics:
What would either of these two Ministers know about Education other then their exposures in the portfolio – both Garrett and Bowen are pure messengers sent forth by her Majesty to deliver her words, her policy, and her rule.
Gillard rules is all the electorate understands – and they ask why … Why are ALP MP’s so bewitched by Gillard?
Using ‘The Munsters’ analogy – Gillard is clearly ‘Lily’, but that does such a dis-service to ‘Lily’ … compare the two … and as ‘vixen’s’, Gillard can’t hold a torch to ‘Lily’.
Education is the silver bullet for third world Nations – no doubt or argument.
To apply that same logic in a decade where the GFC fallout will forever cast higher educated graduates to a lifetime of failed dreams and promises, is lunacy.
Early Childhood Education:
The Gonski report advocates throwing more money at early childhood education – it is far from the answer. Paying Mothers or stay at home Dads to stay at home and be a ‘parent at home’ would be a more productive use of the funds. Read the story below to get an idea to how children are living …
Paying for day care leads to abuses by parents and the child suffers. How can this not be seen as a travesty and a flawed policy. That child will suffer for the rest of their life because it missed out on a family upbringing. Allowing parents to make selfish choices and dump their children in day care for 11+ hours a day, is an evil choice to present to parents trying to provide for their family through financial security. There is so much more to raising a child and the child is exposed on this level.
How could a barren female PM identify with the nurturing needs of a child? How could the PM possibly understand the plight of Mothers forced back into the workforce at the expense of seeing their care for their children being handed over to day-care centers?
This policy is far from ALP values and to many, it is because the family values of our PM who choose to live her life as a single person and without children, places her far removed from the lives of those who chose to have families and raise children.
Teacher tenure is important and they should be rewarded when good teachers out perform their counterparts through recognised student performance. But for 30 odd years the teaching profession accepted the bottom of the educated barrel and expected to improve the education levels – no wonder the numeracy and literacy standards has fallen. The cause and responsibility does not rest solely with this Government – but with generations of MP’s who ignored education and the declining standards of qualified teachers, and the social problems children endure as a result of broken homes and relationships.
If this and past Government’s had focused on social trends and the divorce growth rates, and how that fed the growing child behaviour problems, then perhaps teachers would not of turned off to the student domestic issues filtered into classrooms.
Perhaps Teachers would not have been marginalised when corporal punishment was abolished, when the ‘hug’ was banned along with the ‘no touching’ rules. Perhaps the Teachers are a product of a bureaucracy gone mad over political correctness … and that is all on the Federal Government.
Nah – these two boofheads [Garrett and Bowen] deserve eachother – anybody who continues to do the bidding of someone like Gillard deserves all they get …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]