EYE-BALL Opinion – The Nation is Slipping Away – can you feel it?
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 9th Mar – The Dribble … it’s just so exhausting …
– 6th Mar – Journalist’s – the perils of Slow News Days –
– 5th Mar – Gillard and Rooty Hill – why not Gillard helping the WA Election Campaign –
– 4th Mar – Gillard and her ‘Rent a Crowd’ – It’s all about – Me…Me…Me… & I…I…I… –
– 4th Mar – Abbott still in chase mode – Will he ever choose to be a Leader –
– 3rd Mar – Government – The Best PONZI Scheme ever –
– 28th Feb – Media Ownership Agenda – The Gillard Asylum trying to shoot the messenger –
– 27th Feb – Governance under Gillard – No Care and No end Responsibility –
– 26th Feb – Gillard – ‘Dead Woman Walking’ –
– 25th Feb – Gillard – Killing You Softly –
– 19th Feb – The “Asylum Welfare Union Assoc” [AWU-A] – Incorporated by Gillard, for the benefit of Gillard, and sacrificed by all for Gillard –
– 19th Feb – The Peter Slipper AFP Charge Sheet –
– 19th Feb – The Australian’s Hedley Thomas on – Gillard’s links to Federal Court candidate Bernard Murphy – not revealed –
– 19 Feb – Gillard – A Leadership Bully – Woman with Balls proves she is no Leader –
– 19th Feb – Gillard – Leadership Bully –
– 19th Feb – A ‘Sports Doping’ Update – a ploy to kill the Obeid and Thompson news cycle –
– 17th Feb – Politics has lost its ‘Bling’ – the shallowness of Social media reflected in politics –
– 17th Feb – The Australian Parliament – Question Time – Standing Orders – and the abuse of –
– 7th Feb – Telstra Corp and their Bigpond service – again failing to respect their customers …
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– The Nation is Slipping Away –
– can you feel it? –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 10th Mar 2013 |
|The WA poll result overnight is more evidence that Gillard is leading this Nation into a place of frustrated despair.
Being confronted with the need to make a decision to go against one’s natural inclinations, a life-time of support in a belief system – does harm to the mental wellbeing of all those disenfranchised voters.
When the policies and persona of the Leader of the Party you would normally vote for is just so horrific – it leads to a conflict within that generates negativity on a scale and on display across all sections of community, workplace, and social outlets.
Are we seeing the rejection of the ALP brand in State Government elections reflected in other ways that are leading to despair and depression issues?
Leadership is meant to inspire – to give purpose and a positive vibe – in what universe does Gillard give this much needed boost to the people? It is the opposite and it is having consequences.
There are no assessments being made to what cost is attached to the damage Gillard is doing to the mental wellbeing of the Nation by anybody.
‘Depression’ as an illness is in epidemic proportions – more and more people are being diagnosed and categorised as depressive in all of its different forms.
There is no poll on the ebb and flow of ‘depression’ sufferers under different Governments. Perhaps it is a poll worth testing – i.e. a poll question …
As support for the debate and/or discussion in a broader context –
Why does Gillard refuse to acknowledge that she is responsible for the mess the Nation is in? Most political leaders know when it’s time to go – yet this PM refuses to budge and the Nation is in turmoil as a result.
There have been three State Elections in two years now that have delivered landslide victories to Coalition Governments – NSW, QLD, and WA. Victoria also changed to a Coalition Government but not in landslide numbers. Tasmania retained its status as a hung parliament and the NT went Coalition as well.
The same people who voted in these State elections are the same people who will vote in a Federal Election – surely the Federal ALP caucus members know their careers hang by a thread and is all as a result of Gillard’s horrendous record as PM.
In what universe does Federal Labor think it will be any different in the upcoming Federal Election? These ALP MP’s in marginal seats – MP’s with up to a 10%-12% margin are in trouble, and if that does not motivate them then who are they?
The transference of the electoral emotion felt about Gillard is now spreading and like a contagion, the spread is infectious and will engulf all those standing idle and within Gillard’s scope.
It is unbelievable that the ALP Caucus continues to stand frozen – as if in a straitjacket – unable to speak, unable to think, unable to move – they are held in that zombie like position because they are beholding to Unions – and that is the crux.
Today [Sunday], and tomorrow in the lead up to the ALP caucus meeting before the House sits on Tuesday, ALP MP’s and Senators will be pondering over a decision that is crucial to the survival of the ALP brand for decades to come. Do you think any of them have any idea what is a stake? I say let it die … let it splinter – let the Unions go their own way and the true values of non-union Labor supporters go their way.
The Unions are the infection – their intimidation, their promised riches to the faithful and loyal membership are all a part of the process of elevation to higher riches. How do they spend their $1 billion in Union dues every year – where is the accountability in how these members dues are used in ‘slush fund’ style accounts for re-election campaigns?
Queensland employment layoffs since Newman took office have continued unabated and no Union has been able to save the jobs being lost.
In my local area – ‘Community Care’ has been closed and is now being outsourced to other charitable foundations in the area. This is a State Government Dept operating in the area for nearly 4 decades. The 40 odd staff being made redundant provided house and domestic type cleaning services. It was an essential local service targeted at helping the aged and disabled residents living alone. Some staff made redundant have been there for 35 odd years.
The Union(s) involved could do nothing but ask questions at employer and employee meetings which all amounted to nothing.
ALP and their new DNA:
On the larger scene – the debate on whether the public sector jobs created during the long rule under Peter Beattie and Anna Bligh were real jobs, or jobs created under a Labor Government to get unemployment down and give the illusion of a strong economy rages on. We can all remember Peter Beattie guaranteeing that he would get unemployment under 5% … the question now arises after the cuts being made by Newman because of the despair surrounding the States finances – whether those jobs created were necessary?
It is easy to make the connection that the ALP style of Government builds up the hopes and dreams of workers through public sector employment, and another Government is force to tear it all down because the Government can’t afford to continue to pay those workers.
This is the essence of the two choices the people have to make when deciding on who is best qualified to Govern a Nation, a State, and Local Government.
ALP DNA chants – ‘Jobs … Jobs … Jobs’ … and it is done as empire building within the public sector. Not in the private sector but by dispensing taxpayer-funded contracts to party donors and supporters. It is done by creating debt to fund this employment DNA.
The Reality of ALP’s DNA:
When the other side come to power, they are forced to tear it down and dispense incentives to big business as the engine room of commerce to drive employment through business opportunities in the private sector. It’s a clear choice and all ALP supporters in love with an attitude of support mechanisms for the weaker should truly see what the ALP have become under Gillard.
The biggest business in Australia is Government business – Federal, States, and Local – getting a Government contract is a license to make money faster and with high profit margins and these opportunities are handed out to those who lobby highest in the donation and perks stakes. The ‘lobbyist’ industry is the most corrupted industry on the planet and there is no real regulation in place to track the process of awarding Government contracts as the Obeid ICAC inquiry has revealed.
This endemic level of baseline corruption is accepted as the norm as is the way Government is comfortable with doing its business … the most corrupted sectors of Government are at the local level of Government.
Under Gillard – the private sector outside the mining sector has shrunk by more than the public sector has grown. This will reverse when the Coalition governs and it is the electorate being herded like cattle to different pastures to try and feed on the opportunities being created. These cattle have no real control over their fate and that is never more evident then under Gillard’s rule.
The Nation is weeping and Gillard is oblivious …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]