EYE-BALL Opinion – The Dribble … it’s just so exhausting …
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 6th Mar – Journalist’s – the perils of Slow News Days –
– 5th Mar – Gillard and Rooty Hill – why not Gillard helping the WA Election Campaign –
– 4th Mar – Gillard and her ‘Rent a Crowd’ – It’s all about – Me…Me…Me… & I…I…I… –
– 4th Mar – Abbott still in chase mode – Will he ever choose to be a Leader –
– 3rd Mar – Government – The Best PONZI Scheme ever –
– 28th Feb – Media Ownership Agenda – The Gillard Asylum trying to shoot the messenger –
– 27th Feb – Governance under Gillard – No Care and No end Responsibility –
– 26th Feb – Gillard – ‘Dead Woman Walking’ –
– 25th Feb – Gillard – Killing You Softly –
– 19th Feb – The “Asylum Welfare Union Assoc” [AWU-A] – Incorporated by Gillard, for the benefit of Gillard, and sacrificed by all for Gillard –
– 19th Feb – The Peter Slipper AFP Charge Sheet –
– 19th Feb – The Australian’s Hedley Thomas on – Gillard’s links to Federal Court candidate Bernard Murphy – not revealed –
– 19 Feb – Gillard – A Leadership Bully – Woman with Balls proves she is no Leader –
– 19th Feb – Gillard – Leadership Bully –
– 19th Feb – A ‘Sports Doping’ Update – a ploy to kill the Obeid and Thompson news cycle –
– 17th Feb – Politics has lost its ‘Bling’ – the shallowness of Social media reflected in politics –
– 17th Feb – The Australian Parliament – Question Time – Standing Orders – and the abuse of –
– 7th Feb – Telstra Corp and their Bigpond service – again failing to respect their customers …
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– The Dribble … it’s just so exhausting …
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 9th Mar 2013 |
|There are eight  unfinished EYE-BALL blog posts awaiting publication – all written over the last week or so – it’s not that they are unimportant – it’s just that the subject matter is all about ‘dribble’ we are served up every day by an ever diminishing media importance.
Who respects politicians anymore? Who reads what is written? Does it change anything – or is it a case the more that is written, the more it all stays the same? The same can be said when watching News, reading newspapers, and trolling the internet looking for something to write about.
There is need to take a break from the ‘dribble’ that comes forth from politicians all trying to ‘do a deal’ with the electorate. The end result of all that ‘dribble’ is they want the $2.50 refund the Australian Electoral Commission is going to give to the Political Party each of you vote for.
As an example – take the ‘dribble’ that comes forth from the ‘Worst Treasurer Ever’ in Wayne Swan throughout the week. He appeared on the ABC’s ‘7:30 Report’ earlier last week where he delivered his take on the National Accounts figures release – read the transcript of Swan’s Press Conference here – and the link to the ‘7:30 Report’ here …
The man had a script that he practised all the previous night – drafted for him by some Treasury sidekick under instructions to dumb it down so even Swan could understand and look less of a fool. ‘Nominal GDP’ was the confusion Swan used to escape the obvious heat in the numbers … spin it was … Swan should be playing cricket for Australia if he can get away with the economic spin he produces every quarter to keep the media from a Swan flavoured bar-b-que ..
The illusionary world has been spoilt with respect to the integrity and moral well being of Politicians – ‘The West Wing’ was Aaron Sorkin’s version of how the President of America should do his job. George Bush was a fan and tried to live up to the shows high resolve but failed at every turn.
We all fell in love with Sorkin’s Jed Bartlet – the fictional President throughout the seven  season drama. The last season aired in 2006-07 and since then the world has fallen apart. Is there a connection? This drama is required viewing for all Politicians to install in them a moral barometer they can test themselves against.
The real world of political events is far removed from drama and made for TV audiences surrounding the life of a fictional US President. But we can all hope and try to believe that our real live politicians have some common instincts with Sorkin’s heroes.
Gillard’s week in ‘Rooty Hill’ was a clusterfu_k before it even began. Nobody was buying the message and Gillard was mothballed because her team had genuine fears for her safety. All of her own making for going there in the first place – but she had to go somewhere to cover up the fact that the WA Opposition Leader had told her to stay out of WA in the lead up to this weekends election.
The star event of the week was 2GB’s Ben Fordam’s live interview with Gillard – listen to audio replay here:
Fordam’s tackling of Gillard over the AWU ‘Power of Attorney’ document raised the stakes and Gillard tripped over herself in not trying to give a straight answer – eventually having to answer a question she had never answered in any forum previously when asked. Fordam asked the tough questions and did not allow Gillard to bluff his off his target … he showed up every other journalist who has asked Gillard a direct question on this matter. This is what our media have been lacking. Whether it is a turning point will play out in coming weeks.
On the same matter Hedley Thomas paid tribute to Fordam’s interview – as did Mike Smith, Andrew Bolt and all the other bloggers wanting to see Gillard on a spike …
The rest of the week was notable for the lack of public outings and the open cheque book Gillard always brings with her. Mind you – none of the cheques will be cashed unless she wins the September election – and that makes any promise made as hollow as a termite feast at an abandoned sawmill …
The long period of angst and despair at all of Gillards policy failings, her continued escape from criminal charges, her puppet leadership on behalf of Union thugs, her misandryst attitude to anything that smells like male dominance – they have all created a silent noise with this author – it’s a noise that we have all become immuned to – we just don’t listen to her anymore.
Just to see her on a TV set sets off a bile of silent abuse and dry reaching – never has a PM been as detested as is Gillard, and yet the ALP caucus remain gridlocked in what to do. How can they be so inept – if they are so dependent on a Shorten, or a Ludwig to approve any internal more amongst the rank and file MP’s – how weak are they as representatives. Where is the Government of the people, by the people, and for the people?
The Unions are the toxic sludge dragging this Nation down.
There is only one option – get rid of every MP who is a Unionist, someone who owes their MP status to a Union – they obviously do not represent their constituents over and above their Union loyalty. That is not governance for the people ..
The need is to destroy the ALP electorally. Denying them the $2.50 electoral refund at the next election may bankrupt the party – if you can’t bring yourself to vote for Abbott or someone else – vote ‘None of the Above’ and save the $2.50 taxpayer donation to a Party totally corrupted from within.
The HOR’s sits again from next Tuesday – 12th Mar through to the 21st Mar – the Senate sits on the same days. The expected challenge for the PM spot has not eventuated and has all become dribble speculation form journalist’s more interested in filing a story rather then reporting News …
News happens and it then gets reported – creating news out of mythical scenarios is what politics has become – the gamble on the story preempting an unfolding … and that is all Rudd’s new challenge has all been about – a distraction of a sorts – look at Rudd’s calendar and try to read something into it … as opposed to listening to what Rudd states – there will be no challenge from him.
You have more chance of getting the truth reading blogs as opposed to paying to read a newspaper these days.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]