EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 20 – The ALP Brand – a Catharsis of toxicity –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
18th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 19 –
– 18th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 18 – Paul Howes – AWU National Secretary – standing under the crap flow leaking from above –
– 18th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 17 – Wayne Swan’s ‘Sarah Palin’ Moment –
– 17th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 16 – Gillard Blunder’s Again – Draws a line under Age Pensions –
– 16th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 15 – The Devils Brew: who’s left, Gillard, Swan, Shorten, and who else
– 15th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 14 – The ALP tinkering and staring at the abyss …
– 10th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 13 – The Obeid Dynasty Profile –
– 9th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 12 – Dunce Hat’s sit firmly on Gillard and Swan’s noggin’s –
– 8th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 11 – Parliamentary remuneration – Peter Slipper in Profile –
– 8th Feb – Growl No: 10 – Parliamentary remuneration – Peter Slipper in Profile –
– 7th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 9 – Gillard in Focus –
– 6th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 8 – Obeid has decided to take a few with him –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 7 – ABC’s “Q&A” proves none of them have a goddamn clue
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 6 – Gillard in Cartoon Form –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 – Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
– 2nd Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 20 –
– The ALP Brand – A Catharsis of Toxicity –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 22nd Feb 2013|
Latest Pickering images added – 21st Feb 2013 – see end of text linked here
As the crescendo builds around the oncoming ALP political bloodbath, deserting ALP supporters are lamenting a way of life, a history of traditions, a belief system that gave purpose, an ability to think that equality of life was a worthwhile agenda to support. This migrating population – perhaps as many as 2 million, are trying hard to come to terms with what happened to their beloved ALP.
The AWU National Conference 2013:
The experiment of of a ‘dream scenario’ in ‘GILLARD for PM’ has fully blown back on the heartland of the ALP – the UNIONS.
The toxicity being revealed surrounding the HSU [Health Services Union], and the AWU [Australian Workers Union], has caused many Labor voters to question what their Union dues are being used for. The media conjure up mental images of prostitutes for the boys, lavish ‘slush’ fund lifestyles, and a history of enrichment by those in positions of trust are giving ‘true-blue’ Labor supporters reason to be angry.
The media are not wrong!!!
Then there is the Obeid ICAC revelations and this election campaign is a minefield for ALP MP’s ad Senator’s seeking to be re-elected. The question is how much worse can it get for Labor … their hope for a let-up and reprieve to justify sticking with Gillard was the theme all through the recent AWU 2013 National Conference.
That Conference completed Thursday last, and National Secretary Paul Howes re-elected unopposed as National Secretary – delivered the opening and closing speeches.
Many of Gillard’s senior team gave key-note speeches and all to a cause to try and rally wavering Union loyalists. The message was that Gillard was the Leader for the ALP to take to the next election.
The closing speech given by Howes is worth reflecting upon … commentary and speech provided by ‘The Age’ …
Reading Howes’ comments delivered to a room full of delegates, and all seemingly to a hopeless cause to all those not in attendance – makes one wonder at the stupidity of it all. Does Howes believe that he is anointed with some magical persona that can galvanise a deserting membership – to have them suddenly stop, turn around, listen to his ‘drum-beat’ rousing, and then have them all fall in love all over again?
Howes is a serious part of the problem … he is still in love with a movement that has been crashing for decades. Unions and their secrets ‘slush-fund’ operations are all about to become Headline news for all the wrong reasons.
Why didn’t Howes reflect on the current HSU and AWU issues before the Courts and under police investigatiosn at the moment?
One would have thought an intelligent Leader, a Leader in tune with their members concerns would have addressed the oncoming storm and prepared the membership in some way. One would also have thought there would have been some expressing of regret for past deeds, a ‘clean-up’ message, a statement of future transparency, and an acknowledgment that what has happened at the HSU will not be acceptable in any Union movement. Did any of this happen?
This was a AWU National conference – yet it was used as a Gillard prop for an election message now under way for three weeks. As a delegate what did you learn about the current AWU investigation into Gillard’s involvement in a fraud, what did they learn about the recovery of court order repayments from Wilson, Blewitt and others? What did they learn about Bill Ludwig’s involvement, Bob Kernahan, Ian Cambridge, and others who were involved.
Howes’ is currently being sued and before the courts on a personal defamation litigation – read that story here …
Howes performance at the National Conference missed the point on so many levels. Gillard was his personal choice in 2010 under instruction from his boss – Bill Ludwig. Ludwig was aware and had intimate knowledge of her involvement and complicity in the Wilson/Blewitt fraud and yet still – Howes stood steadfastly behind his choice and placed his 140,000 AWU members there as well.
Can any one really believe that Howes has any creditability outside the Gillard camp of insiders?
He called for ‘balls’ as a rallying thump – calling for MP caucus members to attach their name to ‘lose-lips’ comments. It was such a ‘bad-taste’ analogy given the mood of the electorate and what is before the courts. Howes has tried to anointed himself as a future leader of the ALP … and if his performance at this conference is an example of his life’s work – he is an unmitigated failure.
The mood of this conference as they left would be a mood of trying to limit the ‘how far do we lose by’ equation.
You tell me … how can people in leadership positions get it so horribly wrong … how do those around them not tap them and say – ‘it’s time’?
If they believed Rudd was going to lead them to electoral disaster in 2010 and used it as motivation to assassinate him – where is the same desperation with regard to this election …
If they think he is always a backstop option and would be willing to make a grand gesture of self-sacrifice … they have severely mis-judged the man. Under his conditions – he might reconsider and they might be:
Steps like this would be unpalatable for the ALP caucus as every one of them bar Rudd has Union affiliation.
Labor supporters have never accepted Gillard as their Leader … and her mistakes since have compounded her ill-legitimacy even further.
Former ALP Senator Graham Richardson:
Graham Richardson – a ALP pariah, they hate him for selling out and taking the money, yet they trust him with the pulse of the party … if you can work that out then you are half way to understanding how the ALP works. Richardson penned a column in today’s – ‘The Australian’ – see below:
Richardson in on record as saying that his DNA is mostly ALP …
For someone who holds the ALP so close to his heart, Richardson writes the above story out of what – resentment, frustration, realism, or for the money he so eagerly takes for trashing something he so willingly announces as his other child?
Richardson is symbolic of all things ALP – if they can’t make a buck out of being in office then why be there.
Richardson’s links go back to Obeid, and in many circles Obeid is seen as having been mentored by Richardson – Obeid just was not subtle enough and was far too greedy in a transparent way – in essence Obeid was caught, as was Richardson in the end. Then why does Richardson still hold his position in society, why is he allowed to tell ALP secrets for money … why is he so sought after by the media on Election nights … what does he bring to the table that affords him the lifestyle he enjoys given his ‘shady’ past. Richardson enjoys a mammoth parliamentary indexed pension having served as a Senator, between 1983-1994, and as a Minister in the Hawke and Keating Government’s.
Who will ALP supporters vote for:
Back to the deserting ALP supporters … will they vote for Abbott, or will they go The Greens? The honest answers – maybe, and a resounding NO!!!
Milne is a roasted and dried out wannabee … her divorce speech and reasoning is too obvious this close to an election, and a realisation that the GREENS are themselves in trouble with the electorate. Bob Brown was called back to put his face to Milne’s divorce choice and that too was obvious …
If Bob Katter could get his party to walk the same way … they have a shot at a few seats federally … but alas, abortion and same sex marriages have caused a ‘billy-boil’ moment.
Australian Politics only offers one party with any semblance of unity and with Howard’s track record on economic management … the Coalition loom as the only choice to drag this Nation back from a self-destructive brink.
I am not an Abbott fan, never have been as a result of his pursuit of Pauline Hanson under Howard’s instruction. However, I despise Gillard more …
I think Hockey is a rabbit, but Swan is a dunce and someone who has no idea how to manage a Nations finances, Deputy Opposition Leader Bishop shows promise as a bride to three former Coalition Leaders … her Foreign Minister counterpart in Bob Carr is a Burt Reynolds comeback, all sleaze … it just does not work and his $3 million first class taxpayer paid for travel expenses since he became Foreign Minister, is symbolic of how NSW got themselves into so much debt under his leadership.
What was Gillard thinking – Rudd eats anybody on the Government Front Bench yet remains content to stay on the backbench and watch his beloved party self-destruct before his eyes …
What does that say about who Rudd is … he is more dangerous to Gillard now then ever despite claiming he has no interest in a rescue mission. The ALP caucus want someone to rescue them … is that so typical of idiots in a panic … save us … help is … we are all to dumb to help ourselves!!!!
Casting a net over the rest of the Opposition, nobody excites, Pyne [Reggie]… still has no discipline, Hunt – promising but does not have that crunch factor, the other Bishop [The Beehive] … should leave and become a full-time grandmother for all the good she does … and so on … who is there?
Let’s be honest – neither side has any stars, none that want to lead anyway …
Australia is about to face some of its greatest challenge’s in coming months and years. We have a RBA who have no idea where Australia fits anymore and have allowed off-shore funds flooding into the A$ to wreck our economy and drive labor costs through the roof. As a consequence we now have one of the most expensive labour forces on the planet.
We have a bureaucratic process that has ten times more chiefs than indians … and they are all tapped into a Ponzi style super scheme that gives them lifetime pensions 3-4 times the average wage – and to be honest what did they do or have done to earn such a secure future?
Australian’s have to decide on the better of two evils … there is no star performed that any can gravitate toward … it will be a choice reluctantly given, and yet the victor will claim a mandate and use it to bash those opposite.
These are truly dangerous times … and ever looming is the GFC and it draws closer to our shores every quarter as the ‘money-men’ chase safe havens for their precious booty … As the ALP flower withers so it will dampen the will of off-shore investors … in fact the ALP demise might trigger some good in an A$ sell-off …
We all have a right to be fearful …
Larry Pickering’s Political Take:
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 18th Feb 2013:
To see all of Pickering’s Political cartoons – use this link …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]