EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 17 – Wayne Swan’s ‘Sarah Palin’ Moment –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 17th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 16 – Gillard Blunder’s Again – Draws a line under Age Pensions –
– 16th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 15 – The Devils Brew: who’s left, Gillard, Swan, Shorten, and who else
– 15th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 14 – The ALP tinkering and staring at the abyss …
– 10th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 13 – The Obeid Dynasty Profile –
– 9th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 12 – Dunce Hat’s sit firmly on Gillard and Swan’s noggin’s –
– 8th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 11 – Parliamentary remuneration – Peter Slipper in Profile –
– 8th Feb – Growl No: 10 – Parliamentary remuneration – Peter Slipper in Profile –
– 7th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 9 – Gillard in Focus –
– 6th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 8 – Obeid has decided to take a few with him –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 7 – ABC’s “Q&A” proves none of them have a goddamn clue
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 6 – Gillard in Cartoon Form –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 – Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
– 2nd Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 17 –
– Wayne Swan’s ‘Sarah Palin’ Moment –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 17th Feb 2013|
New Pickering images added – 15th Feb 2013 – see end of text linked here
The Treasurer was attending the G-20 summit in Moscow over the weekend – it was another opportunity to spend $200k of taxpayers money so he can stake his claim for another – ‘Treasurer of the Year’ gong. Despite the epic failure of Gillard’s lecture to the G-20 Heads at the Mexico summit last year, you would think Swan would be a little bit circumspect about trying to lecture the other 19 Members in attendance.
There is no humility in the man – his counterparts would have been itching to know just how the – ‘iron-clad guarantee’, ‘take it to the bank’, ‘budget surplus’ backflip happened under his watch and in full sight of the deterioration fiscal position.
There are $100’s billions of off-shore funds invested in Australia on the back of Swan’s preaching’s about how good management was the reason Australia survived the GFC intact. Swan boasts about the $500 billion pipeline of investment still to land on our shores. Swan is in ‘la-la’ land and in this G-20 forum he does Australia a dis-service.
These G-20 Treasures are all smarter then Swan, and that would not take much. Mr Swan is to Australian politics as was ‘Sarah Palin’ to America’s biggest political escape in history. Swan is a Gillard ‘hissy-fit’ from being our PM – for him to be that close has us all praying Gillard remains.
Mr Swan can only read a script written for him – his questions are asked from a prompt sheet, and if he goes off-script, he gets the big numbers all askew.
His adviser status to a who’s who of past ALP Ministers before he entered Politics in 1992 , yields no financial background that gives him a superior knowledge on economic and financial markets – a must for a Treasurer to understand an economy with a $1.4 trillion annual GDP.
Read this from his ‘Treasury Portal’ and from his speech to the G-20 in Moscow:
The statement – ‘have not come at the expense of fiscal discipline’ – defies the evidence so obviously available.
Swan joins the PM as a compulsive liar … the content highlighted above prove his perchance to make statements that are absolutely beyond the realms political accountability. Perhaps he is so confused about what is the truth and what is real that he no longer understands when he is telling a lie …
Mr Swan went on further to say –
Tax minimisation has been happening for as long as time has existed – Swan is telling these G-20 what they undoubtedly already know. Claiming that multi-national companies are doing the right thing by their shareholders in maximising legal methods to minimise Tax. Any reduction to Government revenues are by their own doing in allowing these multi-national to come and operate here in the first place.
They are doing nothing illegal and for Swan to dig deep into his Labor roots, demonstrates the tunnel vision perspective he brings to the job as Treasurer.
Again and for reinforcement – for some weeks now the EYE-BALL Guru has been touting a spreadsheet extraction of Federal Budget data going back to 1996. The data proves once and for all that Gillard, Swan and all the other Government Ministers out there selling a ‘revenue write-down’ lie to cover up mismanagement, and their flawed tax policies, are equally culpable in the ‘dunce-hat’ parade.
As posted from Growl 16:
Further work on the RBA historical budget data is ongoing, the latest Table extraction appears below. [Click on Table/Chart to enlarge in a new window.]
[Click here to download the Excel spreadsheet with the extracted data.]
The on ‘face-value’ highlight of this extraction in the 1st Table above is the performance of the Howard/Costello era. In Howard’s 11 years in office his team produced a collective Budget surplus of $136 billion. Every other PM since Fraser all produced a collective ‘deficit’ result, and the collective value of those deficits from terms by Fraser, Hawke, Keating, Rudd and Gillard , have produced a collective deficit result totaling $227 billion.
There are all sorts of comparison’s that can be made of these extracted and raw numbers.
So – when PM Gillard states that the sum total of ‘revenue writedowns’ over the last 5 years, and places a value of $160 billion on those writedowns – how stupid does she think the electorate is. Spending an expected tax collect before t is tried and collected, especially when the Petroleum Rent Resource tax had its own teething problems as a precedent, it can only be said that Swan and his Treasury team have no idea how to manage the economic future of this Nation.
in her speech PM Gillard uses the GFC as an excuse for the budget overspend.
During Rudd’s term it was relevant – but in Gillard’s term sine mid 2010, the spending has never stopped. Look at the revenue growth patterns in the above table.
In her first year as PM – the DPMC – [Dept of Prime Minister and Cabinet] – staff numbers went from 530 under Rudd to 907 under Gillard. It was trimmed back to 600+ in 2011-12. Abbott and Hockey have targeted 20,000 public servant jobs as a policy to save budget expenditure … the ALP mantra is to create jobs in the public arena … and Gillards staff number increase exemplifies this excess.
Other interpretations from the trend of the chart above gives the opportunity for further observations:
There is any number of additional conclusions that can be drawn from the above data and chart – why would Gillard, Swan and the rest of the Ministry try to sell the budget blowout with a flimsy ‘revenue writedown’ excuse?
The ‘2012-13 surplus’ was always a ‘hail-mary’ play and the Government kept backing themselves into a corner.
The original $1.5 billion surplus, to a revised $1 billion, and then a week or two later a complete abandonment of the surplus target. Swan has to go – he can no longer hide is incompetence.
The looming May budget for 2013-14 – an election budget as well, is ‘Swan’s ‘walking the plank’ moment – he will fail again if this Government is still in office at the time.
Larry Pickering’s Political Take:
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 15th Feb 2013:
To see all of Pickering’s Political cartoons – use this link …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]