EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 11 – What does the current Drugs in sport have to do with the demise of the ALP
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 8th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 10 –
– 7th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 9 – Gillard in Focus –
– 6th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 8 – Obeid has decided to take a few with him –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 7 – ABC’s “Q&A” proves none of them have a goddamn clue
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 6 – Gillard in Cartoon Form –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 – Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
– 2nd Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 11 –
– What does the current Drugs in sport have to do with the demise of the ALP –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 8th Feb 2013|
|New Pickering images added – 8th Feb 2013 – see end of text linked here
Two days ago Australia was coasting with the demise of Gillard and her motley crew – then all of a sudden a major ‘drugs in sport’ scandal. In the two days the scandal has been alive – allegations, threats, administrative shoe shuffling, and two goon ALP Ministers have managed to undo a century of sporting history by tainting all sports and sportsperson’s in this Nation.
The two insignificant ALP minnows – Kate Lundy, [Oops – correction 9/02 – she is not the Federal Sports Minister – how dare I think that she be speaking on Sports doping if she was not the Sports Minister … ] – but she is a Parliamentary Representative on the Advisory Council on Australian Archives since 2008, and Jason Clare, appointed as Cabinet Secretary in Gillards forced Cabinet shuffle a week ago, fronted the media like a couple of bushrangers looking to plant the seeds of a scandal that will get the ALP troubles off the front pages.
Are we to believe that Sports administrators all around the Nation, the senior coaches of the top sports teams in the respective codes we love so much, the professional players who depend on a clean sport for their survival – were all asleep at the wheel while the Australian Crime Commission [ACC] conducted its investigation over the past 12 months?
The Sporting world is shocked by the release of the detail in the ACC – ‘Organised Crime and Drugs in Sport‘ report, not just here in Australia but around the world. It is the most talked about subject across the Nation.
I’m a sports lover, hell as a country boy who lived for sport, I played for QLD Rep sides as a schoolboy in four different sports – Cricket, Swimming, League, and Athletics. I played squash professionally in my early 20’s, tried to turn golf pro in my late 30’s when a finger injury force me out of the game for two years.
I know sport, and yes I ponder the injuries to Australian cricketers and the fast bowlers ranks, side strains, calf, and Watson’s dodgy hamstrings, over trained I say, too much work in the gym, target muscle groups, and not enough on the field playing in match conditions. Match fitness is everything for an athlete.
League and Union players bulking up, AFL players playing lighter for endurance and suffering increased knee-joint injuries as a result, tennis players, swimmers, they are all trying to work within the doping laws and keep themselves at the top of the game year round. The human body can’t stay up for a year –
Hell prime race horses train for 2-3 months for a two month racing campaign and then go to the paddock for 2-3 months. Sport scientists, Vet scientists, drug scientists are always looking for a new drug to give a better physical edge within the framework of anti-doping laws. I have great doubt about the ACC report – a bit like the climate change report doctored to give the Government an outcoem it wanted for the Carbon Tax. I don’t trust these buggers at all.
Maybe the drug users in sports in this Nation the ACC is talking about happens in amateur sport – feeder clubs where aging players go to still play and use the drugs to keep them on the field. That is still serious, but if so – why sully all the great athletes playing it hard and fair in our elite competitions an a National discrace. There is a motive behind this report and its timing and the secrecy surrounding its compilation and it will become exposed in the near future. Whoever is behind it is playing some sinister game …
There is big money in sport and in the US drugs are a big thing. The dopers are light-years ahead of the testers and as with crime and criminals and the police who chase them – the good guys are always respondent and not ahead of the crims. They may catch some of them but there not gonna catch all of them.
Late Lundy’s promise that ‘we’re gonna catch you’ in her on camera address was foolish and naive at best. See it here. If this was such a big deal, why wasn’t Gillard fronting the cameras to release the findings. Hell she is in front of the cameras when ever there is good news – why not something like this?
Is it that widespread … the whole Essendon Football club – all taking supplements sanctioned by the medical and coaching staff. Were they ignorant or operating within the rules as they understood them?
EIther Gillard went to Church for the first time in her life praying for a miracle earlier in the week and received her wish or some smart advisor in the background thought up a bag of tricks in how to bait and misdirect the media .
Nah – for mine this is manner from heaven for Gillard and I’m scratching my head to understand how someone so bad and so far out of her depth can get a break like this … unless of course it was a set-up from the get-go.
By the way – Jason Clare worked for Bob Carr – the rest of his employment history before he became an MP in 2007 is listed below – another member of the Mark Arbib, NSW Right faction – the question about how close he was to Obeid comes to mind.
Another one of these ALP party hacks who climed the tree from within and under the protection of the Party faction … never done a private sector days work in his life by the look of it.
Kate Lundy’s profile is next:
… and as as can be seen – another ALP Senator appointed with a full-blown Union background.
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 8th Feb 2013:
Added 7th Feb 2013:
Added 1st Feb 2013:
Added 31st Jan 2013:
Added 28th Jan 2013:
Added before 28th Jan 2013:
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl