EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 10 – Parliamentary remuneration – Peter Slipper in Profile –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 7th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 9 – Gillard in Focus –
– 6th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 8 – Obeid has decided to take a few with him –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 7 – ABC’s “Q&A” proves none of them have a goddamn clue
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 6 – Gillard in Cartoon Form –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 – Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
– 2nd Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 10 –
– Parliamentary remuneration – Peter Slipper in Profile –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 8th Feb 2013|
|New Pickering images added – 8th Feb 2013 – see end of text linked here
This post was prompted by information submitted by a third party who wants to be named – ‘Modest Means‘. The content has been paraphrased from a Sunshine Coast Daily story published in July 2011 – linked here.
‘Modest Mean’s’ take on the story is reproduced below:
Research on our Federal Parliamentary remuneration has been ongoing by this site for the past two odd years – ever since the House proposed an overhaul of remunerations that led to base salary increases from $131,170 p/a to $190,550 p/a.
The increase was supposedly to be offset by the yielding of certain Members and Senators expense entitlements like overseas travel and the like. The almost 70% increases in ‘base salary’ highlighted above happened in the period after Gillard replaced Rudd from Aug 2010 – Oct 2011 with additional increases approved early in 2012 and to take effect from June 2012.
The base salary is used to determine all MP and Senator, State, and Authority remunerations from the PM down to a backbencher, to State MP’s, Judges, Public servants appointments and the like.
For, example, the PM receives 160% of the base salary in addition to the base salary – i.e. her salary is [($190,550 * 160%) + $190,550 = $495,430)]. The PM and other MP’s and Senators are also entitled to an Annual Allowance of $32,000 if the Electorate is less than 2000 square kilometers, and rises for larger electorates. There is also a base travel allowance of $19,500 if no vehicle is used, and/or additional travel allowances if a vehicle is used etc …
This goes all the way down the line and can be summarised by saying, that of the 150 Federal Members, and the 80 Federal Senators, the cost of salaries, allowances, travel, office, staff, and other approved expense allowances as itemised below, currently cost the Australian taxpayer some $350 million a year – [this number remains unverified but will be when the Guru post are published.]
This does not include unfunded and/or funded superannuation schemes.
The cost to taxpayers for the 150 Members and 80 Senators, that averages out at around $1.5 million per elected Member/Senator.
At the time this research undertaking commenced in early 2011, and in the month, and year that followed, the story became so big and challenging that to pin down a focus was difficult. The changing scale of the ‘base salary’ was never ending and then a decision was made to let it lapse. The research has again been resurrected and is being pursued as a priority and will be the focus in coming days and weeks until completed.
Some of the issues that had been looked into included:
‘Modest Means” has given a reason to revisit the research material and publish some of the findings. In coming days EYE-BALL Guru will begin posting on a story Titled –
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 8th Feb 2013:
Added 7th Feb 2013:
Added 1st Feb 2013:
Added 31st Jan 2013:
Added 28th Jan 2013:
Added before 28th Jan 2013:
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl