EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 9 – Gillard in Focus …
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 6th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 8 – Obeid has decided to take a few with him –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 7 – ABC’s “Q&A” proves none of them have a goddamn clue
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 6 – Gillard in Cartoon Form –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 – Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
– 2nd Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 9 –
– Gillard in Focus –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 7th Feb 2013|
|New Pickering images added – see end of text linked here
The Prime Minister continues to rule her roost as if her kingdom is of a mood to support her – Question time this week was a farce – nothing has changed. Opposition ask questions and the Speaker allows the Government to respond in the most abstract of ways – the Opposition makes a ‘point of order’ on relevance, the Speaker tells the respondent to be relevant and the responded continues on their merry way paying no head to the Speakers directive.
Surprising there were no questions all week on the AWU, on the HSU, on Thompson, on Slipper, all matters under investigation by the police Surely a question to the PM about whether she has been approached by police to give evidence in any of those investigations would have been appropriate.
Let me recap on a specific point that is a central focus of the Victorian and Western Australian police. In Gillard’s August 2012 – ‘ask till you drop’ press conference, she was specifically asks if she signed a ‘Power of Attorney’ document in relation to the purchase of the ‘Fitzroy St’ property She answered ‘that she had signed/witnessed 1000’s of documents over her legal career, how could she be expected to remember a single document’ – see video link of interview provided below.
Well here is the answer to that question based on logic and human behaviour – the evidence presented by Blewitt in his own statement to police claims – ‘the ‘Power of Attorney’ was not signed by him until a month or so after the Fitzroy St house purchase happened’. He also states – ‘it was backdated to before the house purchase, and not by him’.
Here is the rub – in any person’s past – if they know they were doing something illegal, their human instincts would remember the fullest detail of the event. In this instance, Gillard is said to have purported the document as something which it was not, i.e. signed by Ralph Blewitt before the House purchase. This document was an important document in the context of its use.
Do you think anyone would not remember such an illegality, especially a lawyer committing a criminal offence? What was going through her head at the time – before she did it, after she did it, and the repeat conscience grab because of what she did? Of course she would remember the signing of the document in its criminal intent.
Gillard did not answer any question about a Power of Attorney’ document at her Aug 2012 press conference – a YouTube copy of that her press conference is available below:
At the 20:15sec mark of this press conference the question about the signing of the ‘Power of Attorney’ was raised. The direct question put to Gillard was whether she -‘had personally witnessed Blewitt’s signing of the document’.
She did not answer the question – as the video replay shows.
Given the pleas made in this interview and the previous press conference in Aug 2012 – the pursuit of the AWU scandal did not stop, nor the pressure being applied to Gillard and her involvement. As more and more evidence became available the holes in Gillard’s explanations became more evident. Not so much holes, but the avoidance of directly answering the questions posed.
This continued pursuit by the media led her to the ‘misogynist’ speech in the House in Oct 2012 – Abbott was accused of being a misogynist – but Gillard’s womanly rant was aimed at the wrong person. You recall this was the very moment Slipper decided to resign the Speakership.
Hansard text of the misogynist rant can be read via 9th Oct 2012 Hansard – linked here … and from page 11581 …
Both Abbott’s and Bishop’s address that preceded Gillard’s rant can be read from … page 11573 of the same document.
To watch a YouTube video of the speech see below:
Subsequent to this – the Coalition spent the last week of House sitting in late Nov 2012, asking Gillard continuous questions about the AWU scandal and her involvement. Gillard did not answer any of the questions on any direct way – offering – ‘I have dealt with this matter on the record in the past.’ Gillard’s responses and the questions asked can be read via Hansard documents linked below:
In the summer recess, the Police pursued the Mike Smith complaint lodged with the Victorian police in Nov 2012. Blewitt was interviewed by Victorian police a number of times as were other witness, including Gillard’s Slater and Gordon secretary, and the person who handled the file on the Fitzroy St property. Of the four people closely linked to the ‘Power of Attorney’ document, two have given statements to the police.
The opposition are entitled to ask the question of Gillard in the House if she has been contacted by the police with regard to the AWU scandal, if so – what has she been asked and is she prepared to answer police questions on the Power of Attorney document.
Now – if ‘Olivia Palmer’ – Gillard’s former S&G secretary has provided evidence that confirms Blewitt’s own evidence – the police will act to pursue the ‘Power of Attorney’ matter.
If the evidence is unclear or contrary – Wilson will be the next person to be interviewed.
The PM’s status makes her ‘hand’s off’ until evidence gathered is irrefutable. Obviously the police are not there yet – but Gillard has to be aware that she is in line to receive a call from the police to be interviewed, if not so advised already. A sneaky question from Abbott would make Gillard’s caucus rotate themselves on a spit to hear her response.
On another matter – I love this Nation as do us all, I have pride in calling myself Australian, and my mindset is that we deserve exceptional Leaders in all forms and levels of Government. It has been some time since we have had an exceptional leader – in fact I don’t recall one in my voting lifetime – that includes working backwards – Gillard, Rudd, Howard, Keating, Hawke, Fraser, and Whitlam.
Obama was the Messiah or so I thought in 2007 … Rudd promised much and was cut down … and when you look around the rest of the world – all are similarly void of that ‘exceptional’ leader status.
I ponder a thought – is our apathy in accepting mediocrity as the norm responsible – how do we encourage champions of industry, manufacturing commerce, and the Corporate world into Leadership on a political context?
Does the symbolism and reality of how our democracy operates shun those who could make substantial contributions? Is it remunerations, the public scrutiny, the lack of privacy, the demands of time and media exposure – should the media access have their wings clipped?
I think that if we are to attract a better quality of candidate and persons with proven leadership skills from the private sector, we need to think how politics is reported on, exposed, and used by the media to play opposites off against one another.
An example – Ministers to speak on their portfolio on a weekly basis – not the calling of a press conference to respond to attacks and/or to self promote for political gain. Lessen the PM’s presence to hand-hold their Ministers and be visible on Leadership issues and not matters that can be dealt with by Ministers.
Hell – if the PM has to hold the Ministers hands on policy launches, what are they doing as a Minister in the first place?
Is the PM’s need to be at every media conference, sporting events, soldiers funerals, holding babies, and the like about Leadership or popularity contests? To me it signify’s insecurity, and a need to be seen to be leading, as opposed to having confidence in the Cabinet to do the job assigned and allow them to shine and rise in their own achievements.
This is a reason why Leadership options are so limited when you look down the line of Minister’s and Opposition spokespersons.
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 8th Feb 2013:
Added 1st Feb 2013:
Added 31st Jan 2013:
Added 28th Jan 2013:
Added before 28th Jan 2013:
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl