EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 7 – ABC’s “Q&A” proves none of them have a goddam clue –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 6 – Gillard in Cartoon Form –
– 4th Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 – Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
– 2nd Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 7 –
ABC’s “Q&A” proves none of them have a goddamn clue
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 4th Feb 2013|
Did you watch ABC’s Q&A last night – if you did as I did – it was a case of ‘don’t fu_k it up!!!
Amanda Vanstone is quite likable now that she is not a Politician – Summers … what a hatful of hate that lady oozes … Pyne had a leash and was on his best behaviour, David Bradbury proved yet again what a void there is on the ALP Backbench and that gives the ’cause and effect’ to why the Front Bench is so woeful. The other panelist was a ‘rock and roller’ and given the fractured conversations from the other political panelists, his comments were refreshing.
Tony Jones the Presenter had an off night – he was woeful in trying to allocate time and bring the panelists back on topic.
If this is the quality of debate and current affairs broadcasting we’re in for over the next 7 months or so – someone is gonna lose it and something serious is gonna happen.
The show bogged down on the budget outcomes from policy and their costings. Nobody on the panel was able to get their message out – neither ALP nor Coalition were honest with the audience –
Pyne tried to explain why their costings won’t be available until after the Aug 12 cut off date – Bradbury tried to tag Pyne over the $70 billion black hole, and Pyne responded about the $120 billion unfunded policies, and the unfunded Gonski and NDS policies to become a part of the May budget.
If Pyne had a gift for finance – he would have raised the budget surplus backflip and the economic management that represents as his lead response – he did not even raise the surplus backflip.
The truth is that the ALP has forecast budgets for the last 5 years but can’t live by them – 2007-08 is an exception, and as a result they have overspent by some $300 billion or so over there term in office. If they had of come to the May budget with a forecast $60 billion deficit for each of those years there would have been lynchings. Yet that is what the result has averaged out at.
As for Bradbury – Swan’s under Treasurer – if he had any idea about budgets and revenues verses expenditures, he would not be spruiking and echoing the ALP stump speech on the budget surplus backflip that – ‘the revenues have fallen’ as the reason.
I again refer you to the EYE-BALL Guru table on budget extractions since 1996 and the yearly comparisons for expenditures and revenues – please see this table via this link – it shows that revenues have not fallen as the ALP states, they have grown by 8% and 10% for 2010-11 and 2011-12. It is just that expenditures grew by larger values than budgets estimated. Of course the windfall tax collect from the MRRT did not happen and that is a management error that if it were a public listed company getting their budget forecasts wrong – they would have to face their shareholders and explain why.
To give credence to Bradbury’s qualifications and credentials to be serving as the Under Treasurer – his personal profile from the APH website appears below:
He has been a lawyer and done nothing else – what financial knowledge or background does he have from what he learnt as a lawyer – never been on a ASX listed Company Board – never run a business – and the answers he gave on the Government finances tonight reflect that void of understanding.
Pyne was equally dumbstruck, as was the Presenter because he could have drew the panelist’s to the real question – where does the ALP’s creditability stand given their track record the 2012-13 guarantee to deliver a surplus budget.
Pyne’s APH profile:
Equally unqualified in financial matters …
Look – all I want to hear is intelligent debate on all the major issues – not self-protection and ‘stump’ style policy speeches used as off-topic responses to questions being asked.
Nicola Roxon was on ABC’s 7:30 Report tonight and she was equally evasive when questioned and used the ‘stump’ speech rhetoric to avoid direct answers to questions asked.
If this is the best the ABC can do – we truly are in for a disaster election campaign – media have to get tough and push Parliamentarians beyond where they want to be pushed. But to get there – they need a crash course in objectivity and who where their loyalty lies – it has to be to the people watching and waiting for answers.
The best show on ABC last night was ‘Media Watch’ … ironic don’t you think – ABC IView linked here … oh – I did watch and learn from the Lance Armstrong story on ‘4 Corners’ and stayed with the show to the end.
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 1st Feb 2013:
Added 31st Jan 2013:
Added 28th Jan 2013:
Added before 28th Jan 2013:
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl