EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 – Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 2nd Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 5 –
– Poll Results, Senate Leadership, & Pyne’s Hitler Gibe –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 4th Feb 2013|
This week sees the House resume with sitting days Tuesday – Thursday, and again next week Monday – Thursday. Resumption is highly anticipated given the ALP dramas of the last week, and with new polling data out overnight, the first polls since the election announcement, the news for Gillard is more fuel on a huge dung-pile, burning and ripening with the stench that surrounds all things Gillard and the ALP.
Newspoll data as reported in The Australian National Affairs publication has ALP support retrace all gains it made over the summer recess. The ‘preferred PM’ gap has narrowed to a two (2) point contest with Gillard on 41% and Abbott on 39% – having been as wide as 13 points before the 2012 recess.
A full summary of the overnight poll and taken after the election announcement appears below –
Commentary that came with the poll results – again from The Australian National Affairs:
This is manhandled stuff for Gillard as she stands alone atop her own self-made dung-heap – her Leadership popularity arm-wrestle with Abbott has had its ups and downs since she became PM – the fickle voter has been swooned, swayed, cajoled, and exposed to everything else Gillard has in her womanly bag of nick-knacks. Her greatest moment was the ‘misogynist’ tirade delivered at the very moment that the former Speaker Peter Slipper was deciding to fall on his sword over the revealed ‘misogynist’ text’ messages he had sent to Ashby.
The Federal Case Management Services has a record of all the Tweets between Slipper and Ashby and other party’s on file – linked here – it is some 265 pages long, and Slipper first starts to text about ‘female genitalia’ page 14 of the PDF file and page 21 of the document sequence – extract reproduced below:
More interesting than Slipper’s own opinions of a sexual nature, are his frank revelations about how politicians live a double life – the public and the private.
Nothing new in that but Slipper goes into some abbreviated detail about how the politicians brain works, and how they pursue counterparts and enemies from a political standpoint. Ashby feeds the Slipper lust for the media and the public to like him and goes about suggesting and advising how social media can help.
My take on the transcript is it weakens any illusion that politicians are anything special. If anything – living dual lives makes them more insecure and vulnerable to media scrutiny. It is an interesting read into how Peter Slipper’s mind works and that is like a road map to the lunatic asylum.
Back to the POLLS – it’s all bad news for Gillard and that gives a warm glow … but it is by no means a position she cannot recover from as she has proved in the past. Perhaps the electorate is beginning to feel the ALP brand is damaged Federally as well as State.
The Obeid (senior) testimony at the ICAC inquiry today will again lead news headlines and on top of the ongoing Thompson arrest debate, and the Slipper charges pending – there is no relief in sight for the Federal ALP.
Any sane person would realise Gillard’s position is hopeless.
New AG Mark Dreyfus produced a cheshire type smile on his face as he basks in the media limelight during his honeymoon period. He is yet to impress with anything he has said in recent days – and his quip on News 24 this morning about ‘Abbott changing his election promises’ was a desperate struggle under the pressure of a media opportunity to come up with a one-liner that hit home – it missed badly.
Can Gillard survive today and into the coming weeks and months?
We’ll know more this afternoon – either via leaks from and during the caucus meeting, or shortly after it finishes. If she does survive – the meeting’s agenda will hopefully reveal the caucus delivered a message to Gillard about the events since the Peris nomination. Events around the meeting will be revealed in coming days.
If anyone in the ALP caucus feels for the ALP brand – today’s get together should be the forum where Leadership direction has to be discussed. I can’t see anyone brave enough to step-up – this is not Rudd’s time if he still has interest. He has to wait until the end and it all falls his way.
Someone like Shorten, Smith, even Crean have to know the stakes at play and if they don’t go now, they will be forever tagged as weak and nothing more than echo noise from a chasm full of like-minded ALP under achievers.
The ALP Senate Leadership:
Stephen fu_kin CONROY – the deadbeat Union organiser who became the $40 billion man charged with the NBN rollout –
The NBN’s failure on any measure of success should be Conroy’s reason for Cabinet dismissal – not promotion, and again shows how thin Gillard’s options are.
Penny Wong or Kim Carr loomed as better choices – Carr a Rudd supporter was an automatic pass-over – but Wong would have made an excellent choice if Gillard wanted ethnicity to go along with her reasons for Nova Peris’s selection. Wong at least has creditability within the Party and is not damaged goods.
Gillard believes she has to be seen to be in charge on all things and this is her personality weak point – she is insecure and does not trust others easily – a legacy from being burnt by Bruce Wilson and her senior partners at Slater and Gordon all those years ago. In her reinvention – she became a mysandrist and only allows men into her life for the obvious reasons – running her bath, walking the dog, cleaning the house, and as another accessory when on State’s business.
Stephen Conroy – the dumbest Minister in the Cabinet is a Gillard trustee –
Well enough fun with Mr Conroy – who’d want to be a politician – particularly a dumb one … oh Jeez … just one more sorry …
Really – is there anyone out there who thinks Conroy is a deserving Senate Leader …
For mine I would like to see Wong promoted and given the opportunity to step out behind Gillard’s shadow, grow in the Party’s mindset and perhaps present a viable alternative after Gillard exits …
Can anyone see Conroy as a ALP Leader … I rest my case …
Christopher Pyne’s motor-mouth:
Pyne often referred to as ‘REGGIE’ in previous posts has been at it again – in response comments about the ALP turbulence over the past week or so, Pyne had this to say:
Pyne ruffled Jewish Community leaders with his Hitler reference and has some bridges to mend in the area of insensitivity. Any number of synonymous colloquialisms could have been used – Australiana preferred – but Pyne has that ‘REGGIE’ personality to do the stupid thing and is half expected.
It was Pyne’s eagerness to get at the Gillard Government that led to this latest blimp on his political resume – Abbott would do well to clip Pyne’s growth wings from the summer recess, and place some cement shoes on Pyne to limit his intrusions to the dispatch box during House sittings this week and next. The Opposition needs a full deck of MP’s to be ready for any opportunity that might present itself.
Who knows what Wilkie will do, and if Oakeshott or Windsor wavers on confidence it’ll be over in a blink if everybody is in the House and the Opposition is alert. Greens Leader Milne tipped her hat this morning on Brandt’s vote – it will support the Government.
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 1st Feb 2013:
Added 31st Jan 2013:
Added 28th Jan 2013:
Added before 28th Jan 2013:
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl