EYE-BALL Opinion – Government a shambles – Gillard desperate – Whitlam era revisited …
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 30th Jan – Gillard clearly rattled by AWU scandal – does not want the Opposition pursuing her AWU involvement …
– 30th Jan – An AWU Scandal Review – including Alan Jones and Mike Smith Interviews –
– 28th Jan – Communications Minister Conroy needs a POKE – one that will make him stand tall and take notice –
– 23rd Jan – A new low – Gillard buying Aboriginal Votes –
– 16th Jan – Claims of Climate Change Answers – Akin to Lucifer and the evil men do –
– 13th Jan – 2013 Geo Political & Economic Predictions – Global uncertainty at post 9/11 high –
– 3rd Jan – Paul Howes joins the ‘idiot’ crowd –
– 27th Dec – Climate Change & The Human Factor – The Silent Debate nobody wants to talk about –
– 17th Dec – American Gun Laws – will to change is just not there for Legislators
– 15th Dec – “International men of Mystery” – An Australian modern-day Bank Heist story –
– 13th Dec – eBay Traders on welfare tracked – for income and tax investigations –
– 12th Dec – Roxon joins Gillard as Enemy of the State – The Slipper verdict 1s Justice denied
– 11th Dec – Gillard is Dividing A NATION – It’s not about Politics, but rightful entitlement –
– 6th Dec – Gillard’s Judgement again challenged – what she’ll do for any positive publicity –
– 5th Dec – ALP Senator John Faulkner – Perhaps a dark horse for the PM job –
– 5th Dec – QLD ALP Badguys land plum jobs – Gillard continues to add to the mediocrity –
– 3rd Dec – Bob Katter’s Australian Party – an alternative –
– 3rd Dec – Some ‘Carbon-Tax’ reality –
– 29th Nov – A Slithering, Slimy, Spitting Lizard – Part II – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – A follow-up Story –
– 28th Nov – A slithering, slimy, spitting Lizard – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – now exposed –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– The Government is a shambles –
– Whitlam era revisited –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 3rd Feb 2013|
The saying – ‘a day is a long time in politics’ is not lost in recent times. Blink and you miss the boat and all that can be promised is that the shocks are set to continue in coming days.
Gillard joined by outgoing AG Nicola Roxon, and Leader of the Senate Senator Evans as they fronted the media yesterday as a united front and delivered their best case explanation for a bad case scenario.
Gillard gave her usual polished performance based on a hat-full of lies and spin trying to reclaim the ground lost as her best laid plans over the election announcement the day before tuning sour.
No amount of Gillard spin could convince any media in attendance or the viewers glued to the TV that this is nothing but a Government in crisis, and a mortal blow to Gillard’s chances to lead the ALP into the next election. Gillard represents history in the making for th ALP in many ways. In fact the ‘first’s’ attributed to Gillard and her Leadership decisions will fill many books in epitaph type eulogies written in the period after her demise.
She will be recorded in history not for the good she did – but for the destruction she caused and instigated in the name of women and efforts to prove that a women can be as good as a man in politics. She overreached and had her approach been more patient and respectful to the Office of the PM – history might well be written differently.
The story orated by Gillard about both outgoing Ministers having indicated 12 months ago they wanted to pick their time to exit – is as hollow as Gillard’s ‘no carbon tax under a government I lead’ statement.
Senator Evans had this to say –
Further in Evans’ statement he quibbled over his own recollections about a ‘planned departure’ … as reproduced below:
This comment can be read as a different spin to how Gillard told her recollection. I’m sure that in the meeting she and Evans had before they fronted the cameras to put on a united front – they had discussions about the ‘language’ both were going to use. It would appear they agreed to disagree on this point.
To quibble further – the words Evans used – ‘I would go at a time of her choosing’ – indicates that Gillard chose to announce Evans departure and this draws greater importance to the timing and reasons given for the ‘Captain’s Pick’ in announcing the dumping of NS Senator Trish Crossin, in favour of a then non ALP member in Nova Peris. If Gillard was always always going to dump Senator Evans after she announced her Election date – why get rid of Crossin and cause Party disunity in the process – why not use Evans’ departure to create an aboriginal ‘Senator’?
As for Roxon and her own claims she gave the PM 12 months notice of her intention to leave – she again draws fire upon herself on a number of fronts.
Roxon was appointed to the AG position on the 14th Dec 2011 – was not sworn in until March 2012 according to some reports – so if we go back 12 months since yesterday when Roxon announced her resignation as AG, and her intent to leave the parliament at the next election – how are we to interpret Roxon’s comments re her love of the AG job over the past 12 months if she wanted out 6 weeks after taking the job.
This can hardly be an endorsement for Roxon as a Minister transferring from the Health portfolio, upgrading her status and purporting to have been enjoying the new AG job in her exit speech … more misdirection or what!!!.
When one reads the full text of Roxon’s official resignation speech on her AG website, one can only presume to think it a self-serving diatribe only telling us about what she thinks a good job she did.
There is much missing – none of her failures appear – and there were many as reported by Larry Pickering on his Facebook page and part pasted below …
Add her recent draft legislation in her Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination Bill 2012 and her greatest disaster will now happen on someone else’s watch.
Whatever message the Government is spinning it is a shambles – ABC ‘Insiders’ with that forever ALP redneck Barry Cassidy leading the charge, and with his equally biased media scribes Lenore Taylor, and David Marr sitting on the panel – decided this weeks show was to be about how badly Abbott responded to the election announcement.
There is no more ALP biased show on television that Insiders, nor presenter in Barry Cassidy, and to expect objective political analysis from this bunch of ALP rednecks demands the ABC take action.
A week or so ago – the ABC decided to censure another ABC presenter John Faine for conducting himself in a prejudicial way when he exerted his own opinions during his interview with Mike Smith about Gillard, and her involvement in the AWU scandal. … See that story here …
Cassidy from his Insiders pulpit gave his best efforts to play down the Gillard exposed neck over the events of the last week. He drew on Anthony Albanese as his guest interview to present the Government’s spin on the Ministerial resignations, the Craig Thompson arrest, and the early election call.
Albanese’ performance indicated yet again he is becoming dead weight, as is Craig Emerson when they are called upon to lend insight into Gillard’s ‘lone-house’ decisions. How much longer can it go on?
For the love-sick Emerson – he only has eyes to a future with Gillard – and he will gladly sacrifice and make himself look stupid to impress her – remember the ‘Whyalla’ song and dance stunt last year over the carbon tax rebuttal.
Albanese is a little bit more pugnacious – an example, the Rudd leadership spill Mar 2012 – Albanese used tears to defend his support for Rudd – he was a boy then trying to be a man, an imp when real and serious men were needed, and all throughout his political career he has proved to be a shallow man who greatly over-reached thanks to his NSW Labour Party factional posturing.
The coming days will reveal more of the behind the scenes deals being struck and unless Abbott leads and attacks Gillard in the House this week – all we can expect is more disappointment as Gillard runs her election race and Abbott sings to her tune – time to ‘man-up’ Mr Abbott and all Australia is hoping you are up to the task.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please use/click on your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]