EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 – Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 1st Feb – Election 2013 – Growl No: 3 – Roxon’s Rocky Status as the AG –
– 31st Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering – – Resume their AWU crusade against Gillard –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II – – A correspondent pushing her own political agenda –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts: click here …
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 4 –
– Craig Thompson’s Bankruptcy revisited –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 2nd Feb 2013|
The week has been everything that was expected as the new year’s parliamentary circus hit the town. Parliament resumes next week and the events of this week were but a primer for the drama that will be played out as this Government goes through the motions of its own inflicted ‘death-roll’.
The recap this year thus far:
If you thought these events were a Muhammad Ali first round style ALP knockout, rest easy because there is so much more to be played out.
The Roxon resignation was expected given her performance in the job – woeful to say the least. It will be interesting to see if Gillard keeps her in the Ministry – there is no way she can risk alienating Roxon. Roxon can turn on Gillard over the AWU scandal at anytime. Perhaps police have already r announced their intention to question Roxon over the Slater and Gordon file that went missing. The file was reported to have been handed to her when the AWU transferred its legal affairs to Roxon’s Law firm Maurice and Blackburn.
Perhaps the AWU pressure and expectations have become too much for Roxon and her resignation is another sign Gillard is chopped liver and walking the plank.
Returning to Gillard’s media comments made during her visit to flood damaged Bundaberg on Thursday – the PM told reporters she had no knowledge of the imminent arrest of Craig Thompson. This is hard to accept on face value given the timing of the election call the day before, and the ongoing funding of the Craig Thompson’s legal defense by un-named parties – believed to be Unions friendly to Julia Gillard and the ‘faceless men’ who paved her way to the Prime Minister position in June 2010.
You will recall the announcement that Craig Thompson needed a $150k bail-out to avert bankruptcy when he first faced allegations over the HSU misuse of funds. An unnamed Union(s) quickly came up with the funds to pay his legal costs to assist Thompson from declaring himself a bankrupt, and the resulting resignation from the Parliament and forced by-election.
At the time the Gillard minority Government hung by a thread and it was Gillard and her supporters behind the scenes who arranged the funding to keep Thompson’s vote in the House.
Some two years later what has changed in the financial well being of Craig Thompson? Who is paying McArdle’s legal bills for Thompson’s latest high profile legal tussle? Is it a Union or some other benefactor?
The obvious question is why and what is the arrangement – what benefit is being derived in funding Thompson’s defense, and who is benefiting in the larger picture?
Assuming Thompson went bankrupt and could not fund his current legal defense – Legal Aid would be the next stage – or a self defense strategy, and that would hasten creditors pushing their bankruptcy claims.
The crucial point from a political perspective and Gillard’s ability to hold onto power is to keep Thompson in the House and voting for the Government. Yet – he acts as an Independent – when is an Independent an Independent if by his actions he is beholding to the ALP to cover his legal expenses so he can remain in the House. Surely this creates a conflict that diminishes Gillard’s position even further.
Whatever the timeline on the Thompson legal proceedings and their outcome – it is clear that Thompson will not be forced to resign his seat before the next election date in Sept 2013. The only thing that could see a by-election is the bankruptcy issue.
The source of Thompson’s funding for his legal expenses has to be established – if he has no means to fund his own defense then he is receiving a pecuniary interest from an un-named third party. This goes to the Ministerial Register of financial declarations – and the rules are that all interests are to be disclosed. It is still not public knowledge who provided the $150k to pay his legal bills some two years ago.
So again – who benefits by paying Thompson’s legal bills?
Gillard denied she knew anything about the Thompson arrest – this has to be challenged in the House and should form an additional prong to the Oppositions line of attack. The PM’s AWU involvement should still be their main agenda.
The Opposition can force a much earlier election if they push Gillard on her weak points, and they are being handed to the Opposition on a daily basis. The Roxon resignation, the Evans resignation – two senior Ministers – that has to weaken Gillard and who is next.
The next week sees both the House and Senate siting Tue, Wed, and Thur, and who knows what other events will unfold before then.
Nothing is as it seems – the pressure building behind the police investigation into the AWU scandal have those who know they know something behaving strangely. If they’re innocent they have nothing to fear – if they have involvement that knowledge of guilt does its work through time and the stress caused from the wait and the dread of that door-knock when the police eventually arrive. Perhaps Roxon can shed some light – it will all eventually come out.
Blood is in the water and the media sharks are still to take off their ALP guernseys’ and begin to chomp away at the ALP carcass floating there exposed and ready for an easy kill – who said politics was not a blood sport …
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 1st Feb 2013:
Added 31st Jan 2013:
Added 28th Jan 2013:
Added before 28th Jan 2013:
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl