EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 2 – Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 28th Jan – Election 2013 – Growl No: 1 – Senator Penny Wong … policy exposed –
– 18th Jan – Hedley Thomas and Larry Pickering –
– 1st Jan 2013 – Jenny Macklin – Joins Swan as another ALP Fu_kwit – Claims she can live on the Newstart allowance –
– 20th Dec – Wayne Swan – His backflip on the 2012-13 Surplus – Makes him the Fu_kwit of all Fu_kwits –
– 16th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – Part II –
– 15th Dec – Lenore Taylor – Chief Political Correspondent for the SMH – A correspondent with her own political agenda –
– 14th Dec – Gillard’s Gutter Mouth – The dishonour she does to the office of the Prime Minister –
– 3rd Dec – The GREENS – Leader Milne has her head in the sand –
– 28th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part II – The Wilson Interview and how it reflects on Gillard –
– 27th Nov – The Dogs have their BONE Part I – Gillard’s kicked them out the house –
– 23rd Nov – The ALP and Obeid Train Wreck – is it meant to distract from Gillard & the AWU Scandal –
– 22nd Nov – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts:
– Election 2013 – Growl No: 2
– Gillard lifts her skirts to thrill the Media –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 31st Jan 2013|
The Gillard ‘I’m the boss’ show performed yesterday when Gillard rolled up her sleeves and made an unprecedented announcement when she called the 2013 election for the 14th September – some 227 days away.
24 hours later it would seem that she knew something that we all found out about today – NSW police acting on an arrest warrant issued by Victorian Police have arrested Member for Dobell Craig Thompson in his electorate on some 149 counts of fraud, and other criminal charges relating to the misuse of HSU funds whilst he was an employee of the Union.
The Thompson arrest a day after Gillard’s election stunt immediately throws into question as to why pick September, and why announce so far out from the proposed date.
Gillard has multiple issues to deal with in the first half of this year, i.e. Slipper, Obeid fallout, Mike Williamson, her own AWU scandal and the closing police investigation over her involvement, and then there was the policy matters on a National Disability Scheme, and the Gonski report reforms on education, and to now add an election mode to all the other events – it makes her a masochist with immense capacity for pain given what she will drag her Government through and force them to endure in the coming months.
In the weeks and months ahead the electorate will be rejoicing in her demise as each of the above sink her in a slow boil of her own choosing. There will be egg throwing, and other insulting verbal barbs offered and directed at Gillard – all as a cynical goodbye and good-riddance type of celebration for all her decisions over the past three years that have subjected this Nation to the worst governance in our history.
The Thompson arrest the day after he election announcement reeks of inside knowledge. Gillard denied she had knowledge of the impending Thompson arrest today when fronting the media at a Bundaberg flood inspection tour.
This denial is now questioned on the evidence presented by the NSW police at their media interview when they stated the Victorian police issued a warrant to Thompson before Christmas asking him to volunteer himself to Victorian police for questioning – Thompson refused the invitation which initiated the arrest today.
If Thompson knew his arrest was imminent – there is no way that Gillard would not be made aware of that information. Gillard chose her words carefully when responding to the media today wanting to not answer any questions at all on the Thompson arrest.
Thompson’s solicitor Mr McArdle in his on camera News 24 interview stated he was asked to present himself to Victorian police for questioning before Christmas 2012. McArdle made the point that is was not an arrest warrant – but an invitation which Thompson refused to accept.
Gillard would have had to know what was afoot when this happened before Christmas – she had to have known an arrest was imminent. Whether she had prior knowledge becomes the mute point and is a matter for further investigation.
If so she misled the media today.
If so the reason for the election call is also exposed and draws more fire at Gillard for her poor judgement in an attempt to stay a motion of no confidence if Thompson is forced to resign and a by-election sees the seat lost. Add the pending Slipper resignation and the Government is no longed in a position to govern unless additional Independents pledge their support.
What is more disturbing is news that Gillard’s own internal polling within Caucus is vulnerable – calling the election was a deliberate attempt to dissuade would be challengers from staging a ‘spill’ – be it Rudd, or Shorten – neither who were aware of the election call. There may have been more challenges but we will never know now. Gillard skiddled them like nine pins with her election call – she is no shrinking violet and if she was not a criminal – she might be someone we could all be proud to have as our PM – well … there would have to be a lot of other personality modifications as well before she would ever get my vote .
What will tomorrow bring are my thoughts as this goes to print … buckle up … this is gonna be a ride … enjoy the Pickering cartoon below to receive some much needed humour …
To bring some much-needed levity – there is always the Larry Pickering Cartoons … below is a sample of his summer offerings – his images page can be access here … [click on image below to enlarge] … enjoy and don’t hurt yourself with the belly laughs …
Larry Pickering also writes some very intelligent blogs including many on the AWU scandal. Whilst not as regarded as Hedley Thomas in journalistic circles – his penmanship and his heady wit give him a take on things not easily publishable in mainstream media. None the less … his take on events cuts to the chase and he does not mince words … his Facebook page can be accessed here …
Added 31st Jan 2013:
Added 28th Jan 2013:
Added before 28th Jan 2013:
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl