EYE-BALL Opinion – eBay Traders on welfare tracked for income and tax investigations …
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 12th Dec – Roxon joins Gillard as Enemy of the State – The Slipper verdict 1s Justice denied
– 11th Dec – Gillard is Dividing A NATION – It’s not about Politics, but rightful entitlement –
– 6th Dec – Gillard’s Judgement again challenged – what she’ll do for any positive publicity –
– 5th Dec – ALP Senator John Faulkner – Perhaps a dark horse for the PM job –
– 5th Dec – QLD ALP Badguys land plum jobs – Gillard continues to add to the mediocrity –
– 3rd Dec – Bob Katter’s Australian Party – an alternative –
– 3rd Dec – Some ‘Carbon-Tax’ reality –
– 29th Nov – A Slithering, Slimy, Spitting Lizard – Part II – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – A follow-up Story –
– 28th Nov – A slithering, slimy, spitting Lizard – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – now exposed –
– 26th Nov – The Collective v the Abstract – Gillard is aware of her wrong doings –
– 25th Nov – Distressed Damsel Gillard’s Black Knight – Bruce Wilson’s 11th hour offer to defend Gillard –
– 24th Nov – The Jewish v Arab problem – A naive perspective –
– 24th Nov – Hedley Thomas plunges the knife – Gillard mortally wounded –
– 23rd Nov – Immigration and Asylum Seekers – What is the real answer –
– 20th Nov – Schoolies Week Starts – The Booze for Kids debate again heats up –
– 16th Nov – How Deep does the AWU corruption cover-up go? – An exposé on innuendo, evidence, hearsay and conjecture –
– 15th nov – Hedley Thomas exploding on Gillard – Gillard has a case to answer … –
– 14th Nov – Gillard behaves like a Guilty Person – Asks for allegations to be made –
– 14th Nov – The Australian Media – Lapdog’s at best – absolutely lost the plot on integrity, and their charter of responsibility –
– 9th Nov – Open Letter to “The Independents” Re: –
– 9th Nov – “Courage is an Angle” – the difference between a good day and a great day –
– 8th Nov – RUDD fires a broadside aimed at GILLARD – done under a burka to hide its true intent –
– 6th Nov – Gillard’s caucus and union support in revolt – her position becoming more untenable by the day –
– 5th Nov – Referendum Discussion Part 1 – Compulsory Voting – Eye-Ball’s – “None of the Above Campaign” –
– 4th Nov – Gillard Sunburnt – the flames of discontent begin to impact –
– 2nd Nov – A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports – Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
– 1st Nov – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– eBay Traders on welfare tracked –
– for income and tax investigations –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 13th Dec 2012 |
|The Department of Human Services have become the new ‘jackboots’ in Gillards Nazi like approach to welfare recipients doing some on-line eBay trading. The Dept now has the ability with new laws now allowing them to track eBay traders responsible for threshold trade limits. It can also match these people with the Centerlink database to catch out undeclared incomes.
Read story below:
In a sure sign that the Government is in a revenue crisis – eBay sales and or purchases by people on welfare are now being targeted as a new source of welfare savings.
The welfare system has a program where recipients can become eligible for credits, or work a number of hours and not have their pension offset. All designed to supplement the welfare payment which is grossly inadequate. What is this message telling welfare recipients?
What the above story does not tell us is what types of pension these people were receiving, except for the small numbers quoted as earning ‘child-support’ benefits.
Surely with the ‘tax minimisation’ schemes operating that effectively reduce the tax paid by high net worth individuals through Trusts, and off-shore registrations, the Tax office could come up with better ways to use the Human Resources investigators to catch larger fish.
This Government is so desperate for positive news during thus AWU hiatus, the Department Minister Senator Carr, believes this is a big enough story to warrant national broadcasting – if they wanted to really catch people why broadcast the technology?
Genuine welfare cheats are a problem – but if you are a middle-income earner and work on commission incentives – estimating incomes forward to allow Social Security to make child-support payments can be a tricky business. Under and over estimates happen all the time – what is the Dept telling those on child-support welfare – declare your eBay trades. That is a stone best left unturned – because then ‘losses’ can become a part of the equation with tax offsets.
If one was to compare the taxpayer cost of say – former Speaker in the House of Representatives Mr Slipper and his ‘rorts’ and overseas ‘junkets’, it would take how many welfare cheats to cover what Slipper has ripped out of the ministerial expense system? The latest report had Mr Slipper spending $300k on parliamentary expenses since he stood down as Speaker. This included $100k worth of overseas trips for himself and family – see linked story here.
Slipper cried foul recently and declared he would go bankrupt if he had to pay his own legal costs to fight the Ashby case. The Judge did him a favour yesterday by giving him a favourable verdict – see story here. EYE-BALL wrote a post on this story and it can be read here – the point being is that income accountability shout start at the highest level – if Slipper can escape punishment with ‘pay-back’ deals if he gets caught, why would he not continue to test the system for all he can rip off..
I’m a little on the fence on this subject – unemployment benefit is less than $400 a week – where is the Human Resources Dept targeting – child support type welfare, disability, or single mother support welfare. Rents around Australia are pushing $300 a week in rural areas, and 4-$500 in metropolitan zones. How can the unemployment benefit allow anyone to survive.
Rent assistance has not been increased on any index basis since the early 2000’s. In that time rents in some areas have more than doubled. Advocates have argued for years about the inadequacy of the welfare payment to genuine applicants. It is a political football – the perception in giving welfare increases to unemployed persons over and above normal indexing is always a negative poll trigger. Targeting disability and middle-income child support type welfare is a vote winner.
There are many mixed messages in this announcement.
Tax evasion is a National past-time for everybody – if someone is arbitraging eBay buyers and sellers good luck to them – what is the margin/profit being made … if turnover is the benchmark criteria, not all sales would be profitable.
These traders are paying GST on new store items sold/purchased on eBay – many bored home makers do eBay trading whilst at home taking care of their children. Would the Government rather them be watching TV, or down the pub playing the pokies … if they are intuitive and smart enough to make good use of the time and make a few bucks doing it – why should the Government want to intercede and try and make a case to have child-support welfare removed, reduced and/or paid back.
Where is the incentive in life when the Government has its hand in you pocket all the time. The GST is supposed to take care of the tax on these types of items … second-hand goods don’t attract GST nor should they.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]