EYE-BALL Opinion – QLD ALP Badguys land plum jobs – Gillard continues to add to the mediocrity –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 3rd Dec – Bob Katter’s Australian Party – an alternative –
– 3rd Dec – Some ‘Carbon-Tax’ reality –
– 29th Nov – A Slithering, Slimy, Spitting Lizard – Part II – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – A follow-up Story –
– 28th Nov – A slithering, slimy, spitting Lizard – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – now exposed –
– 26th Nov – The Collective v the Abstract – Gillard is aware of her wrong doings –
– 25th Nov – Distressed Damsel Gillard’s Black Knight – Bruce Wilson’s 11th hour offer to defend Gillard –
– 24th Nov – The Jewish v Arab problem – A naive perspective –
– 24th Nov – Hedley Thomas plunges the knife – Gillard mortally wounded –
– 23rd Nov – Immigration and Asylum Seekers – What is the real answer –
– 20th Nov – Schoolies Week Starts – The Booze for Kids debate again heats up –
– 16th Nov – How Deep does the AWU corruption cover-up go? – An exposé on innuendo, evidence, hearsay and conjecture –
– 15th nov – Hedley Thomas exploding on Gillard – Gillard has a case to answer … –
– 14th Nov – Gillard behaves like a Guilty Person – Asks for allegations to be made –
– 14th Nov – The Australian Media – Lapdog’s at best – absolutely lost the plot on integrity, and their charter of responsibility –
– 9th Nov – Open Letter to “The Independents” Re: –
– 9th Nov – “Courage is an Angle” – the difference between a good day and a great day –
– 8th Nov – RUDD fires a broadside aimed at GILLARD – done under a burka to hide its true intent –
– 6th Nov – Gillard’s caucus and union support in revolt – her position becoming more untenable by the day –
– 5th Nov – Referendum Discussion Part 1 – Compulsory Voting – Eye-Ball’s – “None of the Above Campaign” –
– 4th Nov – Gillard Sunburnt – the flames of discontent begin to impact –
– 2nd Nov – A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports – Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
– 1st Nov – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– QLD ALP Badguys land plum jobs –
– Gillard continues to add to the mediocrity –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 5th Dec 2012 |
|The Christmas break always brings interesting political events – i.e. yesterday saw announcements of former QLD ALP politicians being appointed to plumb cushy bureaucratic jobs, and the corrupt MP Craig Thompson fronted the criminal court over his HSU charges.
Anna Bligh lands plumb job:
The Gillard Government announced a number of Political appointments in recent weeks – none more important that the Anna Bligh to Medicare’s Board. The scrutiny behind the selection criteria for these appointments has to be questioned, as does the political accountability given Bligh’s resignation from her seat only days after the QLD election.
Read the story first –
The integrity and political judgement of these postings has to be questioned –
Anna Bligh earlier this year won her seat in the QLD election – she led the ALP to a record defeat with he rALP only winning 7 seats in the 80+ member House. It was a sound message from the QLD electorate that they have had enough of ALP.
Within days of her re-election, Bligh resigned as Leader of the ALP and told all that she wanted to resign from the Parliament.
This was a gross abdication of responsibility to all who voter for her re-election. The resultant by-election cost the QLD taxpayers $100’s thousands. Bligh on the other hand banked her mulit-million dollar Parliamentary pension and walked away from her pre-election, and declared intent to all QLD’s to represent them for another four years if elected.
With the humiliation of the election defeat Bligh chose the weakest option – rather then front parliament in Opposition and be accountable for all the past deeds during her term – she chose the piss-ant option to walk away. Why should that gutless action be rewarded with a plumb job on a Government Board?
How can Gillard reward Bligh for such a humiliation loss? It is symbolic of all that is wrong with these Parliamentary appointments.
Bligh has not been the only appointment to plumb Governemnt jobs for QLD ALP MP defeated at the last election. The depth of favours to ex MP’s has to have a justification – what is it?
The former QLD Treasure Andrew Fraser who oversaw the massive QLD budget blowouts, and plunged the State into debt numbers never before seen in QLD – what could he bring to the table on any Public entity Board?
The other appointment referenced in the story was that of former State Minister for Industrial Relations and Education – Mr Dick. Again, a ‘jobs for the boys’ appointment.
I don’t care what the credentials are of these tried and rejected politicians with legacies that will cost QLD’s for decades to come – I want an answer to a question about what makes these appointees deserving of $100k a year type appointments purely because of past loyalty to the ALP?
Craig Thompson learns from Gillard – deny everything!
Another Christmas story the ALP hoped would go unnoticed was the Craig Thompson court case over the HSU allegations. Who knew his court case was on this week – some journo’s did and they covered the story.
The story was reported in a number of Media publications.
The ‘time constraints’ argument put forward by Thompson’s defence team is a hail-mary. The statute of limitations can be a real issue – my information is that the statue is frozen from the time the crime is discovered and investigations commence – the FWA commenced their investigation into the corruption some 3+ years ago, and takes the statute back to 2008-9 and six years before that time.
The reasons for the 3+ years to complete the FWA investigation will also come under some scrutiny. There are plenty who would argue that it was designed in its length to protect the minority Government numbers from 2010.
As for Thompson’s statement denying all charges – that is a reproduction of Gillards AWU defense. Deny everything and dare anyone to provide proof.
The monkey show is set to continue next year when this matter and the Slipper judgement will again have the Gillard Leadership front and center. The Slipper reserved judgement is still to be handed down and we can expect that will be released during this break as well.
Every day this Government remains in office the level of disgust increases.
On what basis can the Government justify the Bligh, Fraser, and Dick appointments when they were the only candidates considered?
What has happened to the selection panel process for Government appointments, or is it that the candidates on any panel are all chosen by the Government looking to reward friends of the party.
This type of nepotism has to be stamped out …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]