EYE-BALL Opinion – The Case for A Beheading – A Requiem – What’s good for the Goose is good for the Gander –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 29th Nov – A Slithering, Slimy, Spitting Lizard – Part II – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – A follow-up Story –
– 28th Nov – A slithering, slimy, spitting Lizard – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – now exposed –
– 26th Nov – The Collective v the Abstract – Gillard is aware of her wrong doings –
– 25th Nov – Distressed Damsel Gillard’s Black Knight – Bruce Wilson’s 11th hour offer to defend Gillard –
– 24th Nov – The Jewish v Arab problem – A naive perspective –
– 24th Nov – Hedley Thomas plunges the knife – Gillard mortally wounded –
– 23rd Nov – Immigration and Asylum Seekers – What is the real answer –
– 20th Nov – Schoolies Week Starts – The Booze for Kids debate again heats up –
– 16th Nov – How Deep does the AWU corruption cover-up go? – An exposé on innuendo, evidence, hearsay and conjecture –
– 15th nov – Hedley Thomas exploding on Gillard – Gillard has a case to answer … –
– 14th Nov – Gillard behaves like a Guilty Person – Asks for allegations to be made –
– 14th Nov – The Australian Media – Lapdog’s at best – absolutely lost the plot on integrity, and their charter of responsibility –
– 9th Nov – Open Letter to “The Independents” Re: –
– 9th Nov – “Courage is an Angle” – the difference between a good day and a great day –
– 8th Nov – RUDD fires a broadside aimed at GILLARD – done under a burka to hide its true intent –
– 6th Nov – Gillard’s caucus and union support in revolt – her position becoming more untenable by the day –
– 5th Nov – Referendum Discussion Part 1 – Compulsory Voting – Eye-Ball’s – “None of the Above Campaign” –
– 4th Nov – Gillard Sunburnt – the flames of discontent begin to impact –
– 2nd Nov – A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports – Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
– 1st Nov – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
– 30th Oct – How do you awake a slumbering nation – Politicians – the most empty of vessels –
– 30th Oct – Whistleblowers – love ‘em’ or hate ‘em’ –
– 29th Oct – Polls pressure Abbott’s Leadership – Worst PM ever holds lead and flaunts her position –
– 28th Oct – Eye-Ball’s “YUCK FILES -1” – ABC’s “Insiders” – Barry Cassidy –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– The Case for A Beheading – A Requiem –
– What’s good for the Goose is good for the Gander –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 1st Dec 2012 |
|The weeks review of events in the Gillard verses the Australian public can only point to her continued survival.
There is much debate and bluster over her continued denial to answer direct questions – the upshot is that the burden of proof is with those trying to prove she has done something wrong. All else is conjecture, supposition, and conspiracy theory.
During the week that was, a week that – ‘will live in infamy’ to use Winston Churchill like rhetoric, Gillard has survived – be it with a mortal legacy that has cast a toxic pail all over and around her. Those standing close to her have also become toxic. One might say Gillard is ‘a dead woman walking’ – and the longer the ALP caucus align up behind her – the damage to the ALP brand name become bigger and ever looming large as we approach an election year.
Some of the Gillard wounding during the week was internal – the defeat of the PM by the Cabinet and the Caucus over the UN Security Council vote on Palestine wounded her more that anything the Opposition threw at her during Question Time. Out of that Caucus defeat a new contender has emerged – Bob Carr staked his claim … and for Bob Carr his narrow ego will now be unstoppable.
One has to take stock after a week like we have just had – a review process and acknowledgement of just how much has been won, and what was the political cost in gaining the ground achieved.
Firstly – The Opposition:
Abbott’s absence from the dispatch box for the first two days was tactical and obvious. He emerged and ask a question on the UN Security Council defeat of the PM on Wednesday, and then on the Thursday, he spoke to a special suspension of Standing Orders to allow a 15 minute debate on Gillard’s criminality. The rating for the Opposition for the week was 5 out of 10 – it was a mixed bag or results.
Another way to weigh up the week is to say that the Opposition landed light-weight blows in the latter part of the week – but Gillard had them covered all week.
A more detailed summation:
The ‘text’ of that interview was reported in EYE-BALL’s previous post – “A slithering, slimy, spitting Lizard – Gillard’s been hiding in the Tall Grass – now exposed” and – linked here.
Secondly – The Government:
It was a roller-coaster ride for the PM and the Government – full of fire and brimstone – Gillard came out on Monday fully prepared for the declared WAR the Opposition had promised. In one foul swoop – Gillard destroyed the Oppositions options – she held her Press Conference and answered another marathon barrage of questions. The Press gallery was again under prepared and intimidated – and they did what they always do … soft pedal …
The week is best summarised by Paul Kelly and his ‘Editor at Large’ story in the ‘Weekend Australian‘ – it is reproduced below:
Paul Kelly has a well-respected and highly regarded reputation. His Wikipedia profile can be read using this link.
The above piece is unbiased and a true appraisal of how most disenfranchised ALP supporters might feel. They largely agree Abbott is not the alternative … they agree Gillard has Leadership skills … but they also agree she is not their elected Leader. Collectively – these disenfranchised ALP supporters, when joined by the Coalition supporter base – all agree that this PM has a past that dishonors the Office of the Prime Minister – she is not a ‘fit and proper’ person to serve as our Prime Minister.
Do you think she would want a do-over – hardly given the way she is clinging on in a desperate attempt to right a sinking ship. Too many Ministers have hooked themselves to her hip and connected to the ships anchor – they have all vowed to go down with the ship with her. Time will tell how committed they are to self-sacrifice.
This continued daring and recklessness by a Government fully committed to supporting a PM with a criminal past, is too big to admit it’s error. Replacing Rudd was when it all started from the electorate’s perspective – but the Union plan and strategy to replace Rudd was years in the making. Rudd was but the puppet to win Government from Howard – his fate was sealed the first day he took office – it was just a matter of time before the Unions aligned the circumstances before they acted.
Gillard represents the face of Unions – allowing Craig Thompson to continue to serve as an ALP endorsed MP was evidence of that. His becoming an Independent was a disguise and stunt to give Gillard deniability in that she could continued to allow him to serve in her caucus.
That is an evil that has embraced this Government and the Independents who hold the balance of power know it all to well.
The AWU revelations thus far are but a scratch of the surface – the Unions are corrupt to the core. This whole exercise started with Rudd’s assassination and Gillard just could not say no when her loyalty was tested and she was offered the PM role by the assassins. The Unions will rue the day their collective decision was to purge themselves of Mr Rudd and go with Gillard.
The Union Mantra:
Let’s go with full disclosure here – the concept of a Union being representative of the workers and fighting for the rights of the workers is the stage setting the Unions want everybody to see.
Behind that setting is another story that has been exposed and talked about for decades. Employers, i.e. the Corporate world have for ever done deals with Union boss’s to free up their workplace and make them free of industrial actions. The way this has happened is by payments disguised as ‘workplace safety’ and the like, as in the AWU scandal case.
These payments are made to Union Boss’s and the corrupt Boss’s within the Union Management – i.e. the likes of Wilson and Blewitt, turn these ‘slush-fund’ type payments into their own personal expense treasure to do with as they want.
The employer gets a bona-fide tax deduction to boot, and if the money trail was followed – as with the AWU scandal – these funds will never see the light of day – they disappear through laundered transactions to turn them into personal wealth or expended in lifestyle choices. The Mike Williamson HSU fraud is estimated at some $20 million over his time in charge – remember he was the National Secretary of the ALP at one stage.
Another fact – the 1.8 – 2.2 million Union members across Australia depending on who you listen to – pay over $1 billion in membership dues in a single year – only the members get a financial statement of how those funds are accounted for. There is no regulatory requirement to account for the expenditure of those members funds other than to the members … a $billion dollars a year of members subscriptions – where does it go?
Now if an employee was to embezzle funds from an employee and is caught – it is a crime and they will do time. For Unions to extort/blackmail funds from Contractors to secure ‘strike-free’ work zones – can they be deemed the same if those funds are not reported to the Union, or are kept off-book for alternative purposes? Do the members have entitlement to these funds – is this theft by deception? If the funds are returned for the benefit of members – is there still a crime visa viz the extortion/blackmail aspect of the transaction?
Now look again to Mike Williamson, and Craig Thompson’s Union activity – both were Union boss’s who are now facing criminal proceedings for their personal use of funds from these types of transactions. If it was just a rorting of the Members funds that is clear embezzlement. But to set up a complicated scam where Associations are registered, Bank accounts opened to received the cash, and all this wass done in the AWU case, under the nose of the primary AWU through the same Law Firm. Wilson used his girlfriend to argue a case to allow the Association to be registered after being first refused – surely the ALP caucus are not fools.
Their problem is that they are all neck deep in it – they dump Gillard they risk her turning on them all and putting them all in it. This is the crux … Gillard having had her past cleansed by the Union thugs intimidating the connected people, she can now turn on them if they leave her like a shag on a rock.
This corrupt Union exposure has a long way to go and it will involve many of Australia’s largest Corporate employers. Thiess for example – it was Wilson’s brother-in-law that made the cash/cheque payments to the ‘AWU Workplace Reform Association.
What was the split – did the brother-in-law get a kickback for the contribution, and did the ‘Schools Rebuilding’ program managed by Gillard during the GFC cash injection, and the $100’s millions of contracts handed to Thiess have links to Gillard and the Thiess connections from 1992-95?
Now consider this scenario and look again to the AWU scandal – Wilson was king in WA, yet he needed Gillard his girlfriend to help him set up the scam. The firm Gillard worked for – Slater & Gordon – a well known ALP law firm – do you not think that as lawyers they would be aware of how to launder funds – and in particular these lumpy and large monies paid by Corporate employers and contractors. This has to have been a well-tried and tested practice for decades, if not centuries.
This is the heart of the matter before all Australia now – have the Unions and their declared workforce representation now turned into a buggering of those workers so they can use the membership loyalty to leverage site payments from the contractor to guarantee ‘strike-free’ work zones, and then use those payoff’s as personal funds for personal use?
It is time to find out once and for all – and nothing less than a Royal Commission to investigate every Union in Australia, their books, their site management records, and the forensic investigations of the Contractors to find out who paid the money, and how that money was used and who it was used by.
This is what Gillard and her Union cronies are worried by – it is plausible to consider that Peter Gordon’s silence was purchased with his appointment to the High Court – if that is the case how high does the corruption go?
What lawyers do at the bequest of their clients is privileged – if it is knowingly unlawful or intended to defraud – what is the lawyers responsibility?
A lawyer can not knowingly be associated or connected with the committing of a crime, in its setup, its operations, and in the disposal of proceeds from crime. Many are and their defence is to challenge others to prove the wrong doing – how is Gillard’s defence any different to this. Lawyers who are involved on the shady side of life are very clever in protecting themselves and covering their tracks.
Hedley Thomas files a story today titled: “Time for union inquiry, says Michael Costa” – can be read below:
Evidence remains the key – the AWU scandal has two missing files that would sink Gillard – the file she set up off-book when she was a partnered lawyer at Slater & Gordon, and the file containing the letter Gillard wrote to the WA Corporate Affairs Commission in support to have them reverse their decision and allow the new Association to be formed.
Without the evidence contained in those files – Gillard can carry on posturing and not answer the direct questions being asked. Until someone has hard evidentiary proof Gillard knows she is safe.
The aftertaste is bitter for all who want her gone. All Australia know something happened here – whether it will ever be fully exposed is a countdown exercise with reset buttons all in the ALP’s favour.
Hedley Thomas wrote a second story in today’s Weekend Australian on his thoughts for a Judicial enquiry. His story appears below:
I am not in full agreement that a short judicial enquiry will fix or fully expose this Union mess and how far it encroaches into the political arena. Any Judicial or Royal Commission type enquiry focused solely on the AWU, and perhaps the HSU as well, will represent a narrow reach.
The concept of Unionism needs a complete overhaul with any result needing to have accountability along the lines of Company Directors and the fiduciary responsibilities put in place. In the short-term – the investigative journalist pursuing this story would love to hear from anybody who is in a position to assist.
It is time for a short break – this site will focus on much lighter matters over the next few weeks – some JOKE updates, some Movies and TV reviews, more GURU stuff, and perhaps a few days where the beach sounds good. I wish to thank all who have supported the site over the past year and remind all that free speech is alive and well at this site.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]