EYE-BALL Opinion – Immigration and Asylum Seekers – what is the real answer …
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 20th Nov – Schoolies Week Starts – The Booze for Kids debate again heats up –
– 16th Nov – How Deep does the AWU corruption cover-up go? – An exposé on innuendo, evidence, hearsay and conjecture –
– 15th nov – Hedley Thomas exploding on Gillard – Gillard has a case to answer … –
– 14th Nov – Gillard behaves like a Guilty Person – Asks for allegations to be made –
– 14th Nov – The Australian Media – Lapdog’s at best – absolutely lost the plot on integrity, and their charter of responsibility –
– 9th Nov – Open Letter to “The Independents” Re: –
– 9th Nov – “Courage is an Angle” – the difference between a good day and a great day –
– 8th Nov – RUDD fires a broadside aimed at GILLARD – done under a burka to hide its true intent –
– 6th Nov – Gillard’s caucus and union support in revolt – her position becoming more untenable by the day –
– 5th Nov – Referendum Discussion Part 1 – Compulsory Voting – Eye-Ball’s – “None of the Above Campaign” –
– 4th Nov – Gillard Sunburnt – the flames of discontent begin to impact –
– 2nd Nov – A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports – Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
– 1st Nov – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
– 30th Oct – How do you awake a slumbering nation – Politicians – the most empty of vessels –
– 30th Oct – Whistleblowers – love ‘em’ or hate ‘em’ –
– 29th Oct – Polls pressure Abbott’s Leadership – Worst PM ever holds lead and flaunts her position –
– 28th Oct – Eye-Ball’s “YUCK FILES -1” – ABC’s “Insiders” – Barry Cassidy –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Immigration and Asylum Seekers –
– What is the real answer –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 23rd Nov 2012 |
|The number of boat arrivals since the acceptance of the Sept ’12 Angus Houston panel’s “Pacific Solution” – PDF file linked here – has accelerated. The results represent living proof that the boats and the refugees they carry have not stopped proving that this Government still has not found a solution to the problem.
The reasons for the emotive debate from all sides within the Parliament during August ’12 was a focus on trying to prevent people risking their lives when they chose to arrive by illegal boat voyage. Again – the results prove the ‘Pacific Solution’ is an absolute failure.
The reason for the failure lies squarely with Julia Gillard and her Government. They have no answer to the problem, even though the Rudd Government was elected in 2007 on an on-shore processing mandate. People did not like Howard’s off-shore processing solution, and gave a humane response when they had the option when voting for Rudd and his policy platform.
A question one could ponder now is what would Rudd have done on this asylum policy debacle if he was still PM?
Instead we are forced to live with the ‘hip-shooter’ style policies of a Prime Minister devoid of any real political vision, or any new policy generation other then to spend taxpayer money and raise new taxes to pay for it.
The Immigration Minister Chris Bowen has proved over and over that he is out of his depth in this portfolio. The problem is that he is possible the best of the tried Ministers to have the portfolio, and therefore stuck in a box until he and the Government is turfed out.
Gillard ran to Huston because she did not want to concede a victory to Tony Abbott over the Morrison Amendment bill put forward in Aug ’12. The Greens have been absolutely firm on their opposition to off-shore processing. Meanwhile thousands of ‘boat-people’ are arriving every month and lives are still being risked at sea as a result.
Some Global Statistics of refugees and displaced persons to form a perspective:
Yea that is right – some 43.7 refugees and displaced persons around the globe – see link data here. That is almost twice Australia’s total population.
The 2007 Rudd victory gave Australia a mandate for on-shore processing. Why has this Government altered the course? Was the Immigration Minister the problem – was the Cabinet not up for the task to find a solution? Was funding the reason? Or was it just Gillard wanting to overturn Rudd’s policy for her own version of Immigration policy and attitude to refugee’s?
The future holds unknown outcomes but let me paint you a picture – as the GFC bites further in Eurozone Nations under forced austerity measures, more people will become welfare dependent, this is likely to happen in the America’s as well, and it is already happening here in Australia.
The 43.7 million number is mostly conflict zone outcomes – and are people living in makeshift tents where food and water security is challenged everyday.
There is desperation in the asylum seeker experience in Australian boat arrivals. The people on these boats are queue jumpers and are persons of enough means to journey and buy their way onto a boat and seek asylum in Australia.
There is evidence that Indonesian military are a part of the ‘boat people’ smugglers. The money involved will ensure that the people smugglers business will keep selling a dream of a new life for as long as they can get away with it in their own country.
It is obvious that Australia is being challenged by what Tony Abbott has termed a ‘peacetime invasion’. Some 30,000 refugees since Rudd’s election victory in 2007 – that is the number of people living in a medium size town in this Nation.
I say enough is enough – this debate has to move in a different direction and give hope to both sides.
This is a challenge to this Union based Government because opening up the immigration policy threatens labour costs. Yet that is the solution to this problem and so many more Industrial issues that have our labour costs among the highest in the world. This single issue alone is making Australia an uncompetitive Nation and this Government, and the Opposition have no idea it is happening on their watch.
Australia has the resources to become the ‘food-bowl’ to not just Asia but to the world. Can you imagine food security for Africa, and for other Nations where importation of food is the only way they can feed their populations.
To accomplish this there is a great need for a new and different workforce in Australia – a non unionised workforce – a workforce prepared to work the land and accept Australian Laws and our Rules as a part of their new life.
Infrastructure building along the lines of the Snowy Mountains scheme will help and take a great deal of pressure of the desperation within the refugee problem.
In a five-part series written by EYE-BALL Opinion in June ’12 about the Immigration and Asylum problem and linked below –
… provided comment to ’cause and effect’, and in Part 1 the following comments were made:
Now the vision in a statement like this might not be everybody’s cup of tea. But after WWII Australia opened its immigration policy and the society we have today was built on that decision and the multiculturalism that it generated.
Yes – I will concede that the world is a far more dangerous place and we risk inviting unknown terrorist’s and other serious issues into our society. But how many of that 44 odd million are terrorist’s?
It just requires some planning – take a chance and let Australia lead the World and at the same time give Australia prosperity for the next 2-3 generations.
Create a living wage for refugees and allow them to work in remote areas – let them feel as if they are building and contributing to a new life for themselves and I guarantee you that Australia will be better for it. Allow the ‘land-worker’ refugees in and bring all that experience and knowledge to our land to combine with our farming technology and opportunity.
Take the initiative and prove our humanity is not lost on the backs of a terror campaign since 9/11 – a time where all Western Nations have become intimidated and too scared to take a risk. This ‘scardy-cat’ attitude and fear campaign is dividing the western world along religious and cultural lines, and that will definitely create a divide in this nation that future generations will have to exist under.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]