EYE-BALL’s Harry’ Growl on – Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny – GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS – GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING – GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 13th Nov – The Day the heavens began to cave in – – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard an assassin best dressed in Black – Maxine McKew’s – “Tales from the Political Trenches”-
– 26th Oct – The Turkey Basted Gillard – and “The Australian’s” Hedley Thomas’s – recipe for Slow Roasting a Prime Minister –
– 26th Oct – Maxine McKew’s story – Tales from the Political Trenches –
– 22nd Oct – Gillard stands atop her own Abyss – Will she jump or wait to be pushed –
– 19th Oct – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 6′: News Updates from Around the World –
– 17th Oct – Craig Thompson – there are no words to describe this GRUB … –
– 16th Oct – Hedley Thomas is back – and Gillard knee’s begin to tremble ..
– 9th Oct – Gillard has lost it – Turns Parliament into a sledge-fest over sexism –
– 6th Oct – Poor – Poor – Peter Slipper – The Pumpkin Eater cries crocodile tears in court –
– 5th Oct – The US Presidential Debate …!
– 4th Oct – I just want to “GROWL” at the World!
– 2nd Oct – PM Julia Gillard – Someone most Australians are ashamed of! –
– 23 Sept – Bob Carr – Australian “SOOK” – Ruined NSW and now a GILLARD pony Show –
– 16th Sept: – Royal ‘Boobs’ – who cares –
– 31st Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 4′ – News Updates from Around the World –
– 26th Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 3′ – News Updates from Around the World –
– 26th Aug: – The Woman’s Body – perfect in every way – they just need to be convinced —
– 26th Aug: – The Preponderance of Fate – From the depths of the AWU scandal – to PM –
– 22nd Aug: – Attorney General Nicola Roxon – weighs in to defend her Prime Minister –
– 19th Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 1′ – News from around the world –
– 18th Aug: – Australian Gangsters Inc – Part III – Gillard and the ALP by another name!!!
– 9th Aug: – Australian Gangsters Inc – Part II – Gillard and the ALP by another name!!!
– 5th Aug: – Wayne Swan – wannabe PM – Dickheads come and Dickheads go –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts:
Gunfights at the OK Corral: Misandry v Misogyny
– GILLARD v Ralph BLEWITT – GILLARD v Hedley THOMAS –
– GILLARD v Mike SMITH – GILLARD v Larry PICKERING –
– GILLARD v ALP Caucus – GILLARD v All Australians …
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 22nd Nov 2012 |
|The Minister for Employment and Workplace relations – Mr Bill Shorten appeared on ABC ‘Lateline’ last night. His performance gave the impression he was the one who drew the short-straw to go and face the media in light of the events that unfolded yesterday.
Those events were the Ralph Blewitt arrival back in Australia to talk to Police about the AWU scandal, and the opposition Leader Julie Bishop’s Press conference where she put the PM on notice for next weeks resumption of Parliament and that they were coming after her.
Mr Shorten has had a colourful career be it that it has been long on promise and very short on substance since the attained public office. His highlight was his involvement in the RUDD dismissal as a Union organiser for the Victorian Right to stack the numbers in Gillard’s favour.
His own grooming for the PM role came unstuck late last year when stories about his infidelities and the impregnation of a staffed were doing the rounds. Since then his profile has lessened and now with leadership speculation around again, he is again out there trying to fulfil his promise and appease the faith AWU heavy Bill Ludwig supported him with.
His full self written and approved bio can be read on his Wikipedia page – linked here – but in short he has been involved with Union activity since his student days. His father was a unionist. An extract from the Wikipedia site states –
Suffice to say – Mr Shorten has no work experience before he went into Federal politics outside of the Union movement, apart from his 18 months as a lawyer at known Union Lawyers – Maurice Blackburn.
The interview he gave on ‘Lateline‘ last night needs closer inspection because it represents far more than has been made of it so far.
For the purpose of context, and Shorten’s responses to ‘Lateline’ presenter Tony Jones questions – the transcript of the interview can be read in full via this link – [with video replay as well.]
Parts of that transcript are presented below – with commentary.
The interviewed went on and then this:
Next – Jones moves to the Gillard involvement –
The interview went on and covered Industrial Relations matters – but Shorten seemed distracted – perhaps he was in the process of realising what he had just said ‘on the record’ …
Harry’s PM snich – The Fly – had this to report:
Other events that happened yesterday include:
Some History on Mr Blewitt:
Mr Blewitt has been talking for months with the likes of Mike Smith, Larry Pickering, Hedley Thomas as the National Correspondent for ‘The Australian’, and his Lawyer’s Harry Nowicki, and Robert Galbally about what he knows and the evidence he can produce relating to the AWU scandal.
Mr Blewitt’s allegations have continued to feed this story.
The 1st Nov ’12 Parliamentary Video of the Questions asked in the House by Ms Bishop can be viewed in the following You Tube clip:
Video clip of her Perth Press conference yesterday can’t be found yet – but watching it live yesterday she served it up to the PM … all setting the scene for next week. It will be standing room only in the public gallery, the Press gallery will also be full … whether we get the session we’re all expecting is another thing.
Knowing Albanese he will try to give the PM cover and protection through House rule maneuvers … as he did to shut down the Roxon involvement in the Slipper cover up.
As the Shorten Lateline comments resonate around Australia – the seriousness of his contradiction of Gillard’s statement – ‘I did nothing wrong’ – will give Caucus plenty to ponder over the weekend – don’t be surprised if the ALP front with a new Leaded before the House begins to sit on Monday so as to avoid the whole AWU scandal imposition.
Harry’s odds for an ALP Leadership change before the next election: [If no change happens – this Nation is on the Brink.]
For all those followers of the AWU scandal and who think Gillard has a case to answer, the events of the past few weeks including:
… all is headed to a show down … the OK Corral conflict comes to mind – two sides equally adamant they are right and the victory can only come from a showdown where they carry out the losers. Which side are you backing?
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl