EYE-BALL Opinion – Schoolies Week Starts – The Booze for Kids debate again heats up –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 16th Nov – How Deep does the AWU corruption cover-up go? – An exposé on innuendo, evidence, hearsay and conjecture –
– 15th nov – Hedley Thomas exploding on Gillard – Gillard has a case to answer … –
– 14th Nov – Gillard behaves like a Guilty Person – Asks for allegations to be made –
– 14th Nov – The Australian Media – Lapdog’s at best – absolutely lost the plot on integrity, and their charter of responsibility –
– 9th Nov – Open Letter to “The Independents” Re: –
– 9th Nov – “Courage is an Angle” – the difference between a good day and a great day –
– 8th Nov – RUDD fires a broadside aimed at GILLARD – done under a burka to hide its true intent –
– 6th Nov – Gillard’s caucus and union support in revolt – her position becoming more untenable by the day –
– 5th Nov – Referendum Discussion Part 1 – Compulsory Voting – Eye-Ball’s – “None of the Above Campaign” –
– 4th Nov – Gillard Sunburnt – the flames of discontent begin to impact –
– 2nd Nov – A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports – Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
– 1st Nov – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
– 30th Oct – How do you awake a slumbering nation – Politicians – the most empty of vessels –
– 30th Oct – Whistleblowers – love ‘em’ or hate ‘em’ –
– 29th Oct – Polls pressure Abbott’s Leadership – Worst PM ever holds lead and flaunts her position –
– 28th Oct – Eye-Ball’s “YUCK FILES -1” – ABC’s “Insiders” – Barry Cassidy –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Schoolies Week Starts –
– The Booze for Kids debate again heats up –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 20th Nov 2012 |
|Every year without fail the stories about parents and older siblings buying booze for their children or younger siblings attending SCHOOLIES week celebrations makes headlines around the Nation.
Here is the latest story on this years version –
There are laws about supplying under age drinkers – yet in this week of Australia’s version of ‘spring-break’, the youthful release is most often measured by the amount of booze consumed.
One could say – the laws of the land don’t apply for these few weeks of the year called ‘Schoolies-Week’.
The Gold Coast – the most famous of all the Schoolies Week venues, have special task force structures set up by the Police, and community groups to protect the underage drinkers from predators intent on taking advantage of inebriated girls and the like.
Special beach sections are created, events structured to entice activity rather then just the drinking – but the school leavers just want to create new memories and most often, memories some of them will never want to remember.
What is a society’s function if not to protect its emerging generation form self-harm?
Yet this week is most often about parents rolling the dice and hoping their children all come home safe. There have been deaths, 1000’s of hospitalisations, 10,000’s of minor injuries, and 100,000’s of hangovers where alcohol abuse is the most obvious diagnosis.
Drug use is also becoming big – and the dealers are the ones taking advantage and where most Law enforcement is targeted.
To the larger responsibility upon society and to the booze culture the Schoolies Week represents – is it symbolic of a society using alcohol as an escape from the nuances created by a complex society where the pressures of life often become too great?
The ‘Depression’ epidemic and its many formats is symbolic of some of these societal changes, what did people do in past generations to deal with similar issues – was it always booze or drugs?
These days our school children are mixed up in and a part of the depressive epidemic, broken homes, conflict within the family, little support group network, reclusiveness, and dark periods requiring full time school councillors assistance, they are all indicating our youth are not coping well.
The warning signs are lit up all around – how much notice or attention is paid to these signals?
Is Schoolies Week one of those solution to the problem things, or is it the creation of a problem that impacts on the life still be be lived?
What do you think of parents supplying the alcohol – are you one of them? Perhaps you could tell us your reasons … I’ve heard many and most are about the legal implications of kids trying to buy the booze themselves.
But that is the problem – the Law seems to turn a blind eye to the supply chain, but are happy to confiscate the booze if they find underage drinking … is that not all turn around from a law standpoint …
To all Schoolies Week revellers – stay safe in these next few weeks as you test the waters of a life after school – you represent the hope my generation have for this Nation’s future … be secure in your choices …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]