EYE-BALL’s Harry’ Growl on – The Day the Heavens began to Cave in – Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down …
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 10th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean —
7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard an assassin best dressed in Black – Maxine McKew’s – “Tales from the Political Trenches”-
– 26th Oct – The Turkey Basted Gillard – and “The Australian’s” Hedley Thomas’s – recipe for Slow Roasting a Prime Minister –
– 26th Oct – Maxine McKew’s story – Tales from the Political Trenches –
– 22nd Oct – Gillard stands atop her own Abyss – Will she jump or wait to be pushed –
– 19th Oct – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 6′: News Updates from Around the World –
– 17th Oct – Craig Thompson – there are no words to describe this GRUB … –
– 16th Oct – Hedley Thomas is back – and Gillard knee’s begin to tremble ..
– 9th Oct – Gillard has lost it – Turns Parliament into a sledge-fest over sexism –
– 6th Oct – Poor – Poor – Peter Slipper – The Pumpkin Eater cries crocodile tears in court –
– 5th Oct – The US Presidential Debate …!
– 4th Oct – I just want to “GROWL” at the World!
– 2nd Oct – PM Julia Gillard – Someone most Australians are ashamed of! –
– 23 Sept – Bob Carr – Australian “SOOK” – Ruined NSW and now a GILLARD pony Show –
– 16th Sept: – Royal ‘Boobs’ – who cares –
– 31st Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 4′ – News Updates from Around the World –
– 26th Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 3′ – News Updates from Around the World –
– 26th Aug: – The Woman’s Body – perfect in every way – they just need to be convinced —
– 26th Aug: – The Preponderance of Fate – From the depths of the AWU scandal – to PM –
– 22nd Aug: – Attorney General Nicola Roxon – weighs in to defend her Prime Minister –
– 19th Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 1′ – News from around the world –
– 18th Aug: – Australian Gangsters Inc – Part III – Gillard and the ALP by another name!!!
– 9th Aug: – Australian Gangsters Inc – Part II – Gillard and the ALP by another name!!!
– 5th Aug: – Wayne Swan – wannabe PM – Dickheads come and Dickheads go –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts:
– The Day the heavens began to cave in –
– Obeid and his entourage to bring it all down … –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 8th Nov 2012 |
|The sky has turned dark all over NSW politics – the ICAC enquiry – [Independent Commission against Crime] – heard evidence yesterday that cast a dark dirty pail over all Politicians …
Read the story below:
Now – we all know and suspected Politician’s have had their dick’s swishing around in the pig trough for a very long time. You know the saying – politicians failed to make it in the real world of Corporate high-flyer’s – so they go for the easy pickings where payoffs and big business mix with politicians to get what they want from corrupted politicians prepared to do anything for money, and a hatful of pussy to cream top the deal.
Allegations about Mr Obeid’s $100 million and the mates he shared it with must have had an awful lot of pussy to sweeten the deal … if he and his mates made $100+ million – can you imagine how much the Corporate clients made?
All the denials that Rees, Iemma, Sarto, and Tripodi were squeaky clean on this deal makes us all laugh … if not on this deal the they made their money on many of the other deals offered – the key issue here is not to get caught – it is only the dumb ones who draw attention with their ‘money wads’ and loud mouths that get caught …
The whole corporate world is built upon a dungheap of smoldering, stinking dog-shit … politician’s cast their votes – from the ‘town planners’, to the Councillor, to the State Member. to the Federal Member … and then all the way down the backside of that climb … the grease oozing from the leaks and money trails are there to find if anyone cared to look … where do you start?
The Police are subjected to Royal Commissions on a frequent basis – Politicians are the only ones who can authorise a Royal Commission – who calls a Royal Commission on Political Corruption?
Who really wants to sift through all that dog-shit right … it is a lot easier to pay someone not to look in the right place?
We can all remember the Police Corruption enquiries in recent times: [Links provided]
These enquiries were set up to manage the political fall out and the public’s outrage at the obvious corruption on display. What is so different to Political displays of Corruption now evident in this Government – i.e. Craig Thompson, Mike Williamson and Union Members funds being used as ‘slush funds’ for re-elections, and then the abuse of parliamentary expenses leveled at Peter Slipper on a continued basis.
One recalls an old saying – never have any ‘formal enquiry’ unless you now what the result will be – it is a bit like the lawyer being told – ‘never ask the question unless you already know what the answer will be’.
Of course big business needs favours to get large projects off the ground – rezoning, legislative amendments, environment impact studies etc … and of course the graft and corruption that goes with making that all happen on a timeframe that suits all has been around forever.
It has now got to the point where the Members and all those on the ‘brown envelop’ list has expanded and become such huge numbers – anyone on that ‘stairway to the top list’ can get miffed at his/her cut along the way being too small for the part they did – they dob someone in looking to get a bump and then the shit hits the fan.
Greed, Greed and then more Greed… it brings everybody down.
Back to the Obeid stumble and the ICAC investigation – ICAC were offered a 20-year-old corruption case involving former Premier Nick Greiner, and then State Bank of NSW CEO John O’Neill a few years back concerning a $75 million fraud that happened in 1988. The full facts of the fraud can be read using this link –
The ICAC response was to decline any investigation quoting – ‘that neither former Premier Greiner nor Mr John O’Neill currently worked for the NSW Government, and that ICAC’s mandate only allowed them to investigate ongoing corruption about existing NSW Government staff.’
It was a ‘soft-cock’ response and a brush-off … ICAC was established by Nick Greiner when he was Premier, Greiner was also the first Politician to be found guilty by ICAC of corruption over the Metherell affair. The decision was upheld on appeal, but not before he was forced to hand the Premiership reins over to Terry Fahye, who then went on to become a Federal Member in John Howard’s first term Ministry.
Fayhe had his hands all over the Telstra float Mark 1 – the float where Howard Minister’s were found to be dabbling in Telstra stock after Howard had told the public that his Ministerial Code of Conduct would prohibit them being involved in Telstra Float shares.
Ministers Moore, Parer, and the third name that always escapes me … were caught with large tracks of Telstra shares in their ‘Family Trusts’ and were admonished by Howard in public but not sacked.
An extract from John Moore’s Wikipedia page quotes the following in relation to ‘conflict of interest share dealings’ – including the Telstra float –
The date on this citing is incorrect, or misleading in that the Telstra float happened in 1998, and Minister Moore was one of the Minister’s found to own Telstra float shares.
John Howard’s first Ministry link and the list of sacked Minister’s since 1901 provides a list of Ministers who were sacked or dismissed because of any number of reasons. It names nine ministers sacked during Howard’s term as PM – but there were so many more that should have been sacked – i.e.
Again back to the ICAC enquiry and the Obeid millions – what can one do with $100 million in a lifetime when you are a Minister in a Government – is it some sort of insurance – look to Mugabe, the Nth African Nations recently liberated and the Dictators who had billions stashed in Swiss bank accounts, look elsewhere around the world, and then even closer to home, corrupt politicians is a business that is a part of every day dealings in the Corporate world.
Look to the US Vice President Dick Cheney and his connection with Halliburton, and then read some of the allegations levied about the Iraq/Afghanistan war and the arms Halliburton sold to the US military.
Nothing ever proved and charged – but it does give insight as to teh workings of some serious high level corruption and how power to shut down corruption enquiries lies with those who have the power to make and allow the corruption to happen in the first place.
Just recently there was a NSW MP who lied under oath to ICAC over rorting staff expenses. She received no goal time and what amounts to a slap on the wrist in some friendly home detention. No interface time with real prisionors and the humiliation that brings to a former MP.
This is and was an abuse of trust at the highest level anyone can serve under – and then she lied about it and got caught again. Justice in this case should have been extreme.
Again the question – who can sanction a Royal Commission on Parliamentarians …
The US election just had $6 billion of donations from the public and Corporate donator’s to spend … can anyone believe that nothing corrupt happened in the disposal of those funds …
Whether it be office staff pilfering stationary for home use, labourers using employers equipment or resources for personal gain, or Bankers fudging figures to increase their bonus cheques, or police accepting free meals from KFC and the like, or any other incentive that yields a personal gain, corruption in any format breeds and feeds on itself.
Can there be worse that what Mr Obeid is alleged to have done …
I know personally of a case where someone pocketed $8,000 ‘stealing as a servant,’ – they’re given three years jail time because they can’t afford a quality defence, and then Rene Rivkin is charged with fraud involving millions and he gets to have his barrister ague health, mental anguish about doing goal time, and finally commits suicide in his own home to escape real justice … does this present as a justice system serving up equality of justice?
Former QLD MP Greg Nuttall was found guilty of receiving bribes from QLD business tycoon Ken Talbot – Talbot died in a plane crash in Africa before he faced his own corruption charges …it was rumoured that Talbot was prepared to name names of several other Ministers who had the same deal as Nuttall.
There are many Political corruption stories that have been reported and the politicians involved disgraced and dishonoured. There are a thousand times more that have never been investigated, or reported, and many of those MP’s are still serving in politics today.
This Obeid commission will have its scapegoats – but will it get everybody who received a ‘big drink’ from the information passed on by Mr Macdonald?
Time will tell, what about the Corporate identities who profited from the granting of the licenses – what will their punishment be?
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl