EYE-BALL’s Harry’ Growl on – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part II – The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
|Latest ‘Harry’s Growl’ Posts:
– 8th Nov – The 2012 US Presidential Election Part I – what does it really mean –
– 7th Nov – Bob Carr … Foreign Minister – as profiled by “The Australian’s” Ross Fitzgerald –
– 29th Oct – The Most Irrelevant of all Irrelevancy – Independents – Slipper, Thompson, Windsor, Oakeshott, Katter & Wilkie – hanging on to office rather than face the electorate –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard does not understand Hypocrisy – ALP Powerbrokers dump Penny Wong – makes Gillard look foolish over her ‘sexism’ claims –
– 27th Oct – Julia Gillard an assassin best dressed in Black – Maxine McKew’s – “Tales from the Political Trenches”-
– 26th Oct – The Turkey Basted Gillard – and “The Australian’s” Hedley Thomas’s – recipe for Slow Roasting a Prime Minister –
– 26th Oct – Maxine McKew’s story – Tales from the Political Trenches –
– 22nd Oct – Gillard stands atop her own Abyss – Will she jump or wait to be pushed –
– 19th Oct – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 6′: News Updates from Around the World –
– 17th Oct – Craig Thompson – there are no words to describe this GRUB … –
– 16th Oct – Hedley Thomas is back – and Gillard knee’s begin to tremble ..
– 9th Oct – Gillard has lost it – Turns Parliament into a sledge-fest over sexism –
– 6th Oct – Poor – Poor – Peter Slipper – The Pumpkin Eater cries crocodile tears in court –
– 5th Oct – The US Presidential Debate …!
– 4th Oct – I just want to “GROWL” at the World!
– 2nd Oct – PM Julia Gillard – Someone most Australians are ashamed of! –
– 23 Sept – Bob Carr – Australian “SOOK” – Ruined NSW and now a GILLARD pony Show –
– 16th Sept: – Royal ‘Boobs’ – who cares –
– 31st Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 4′ – News Updates from Around the World –
– 26th Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 3′ – News Updates from Around the World –
– 26th Aug: – The Woman’s Body – perfect in every way – they just need to be convinced —
– 26th Aug: – The Preponderance of Fate – From the depths of the AWU scandal – to PM –
– 22nd Aug: – Attorney General Nicola Roxon – weighs in to defend her Prime Minister –
– 19th Aug: – Oddball News Wrap – ‘Reel 1′ – News from around the world –
– 18th Aug: – Australian Gangsters Inc – Part III – Gillard and the ALP by another name!!!
– 9th Aug: – Australian Gangsters Inc – Part II – Gillard and the ALP by another name!!!
– 5th Aug: – Wayne Swan – wannabe PM – Dickheads come and Dickheads go –
To see more EYE-BALL Harry’s Growl posts:
– The 2012 US Presidential Election Part ii –
– The Fallout – the GOP beating up on itself –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl | 10th Nov 2012 |
|The 2012 US Election came and went and the $6 billion spend to see Obama re-elected was money spent on a relief party for the US citizens now facing the reality of what it all means.
Nothing has changed – Romney finished with 203 Electoral votes, 30 more than John McCain four years ago.The last count on the popular vote for the President is 61.2 million, and Romney 58.3 million – see Politico link here.
The Tea Party:
Reading some of the post-election commentary emanating for the GOP and the ‘Tea Party’ faction, creates a viewpoint that the USA can’t help themselves. They love the ‘blame-game’ and to read one senior Tea Party excuse for the defeat – see below –
Who is National Coordinator Jenny Beth Martin? How important is she to the future of the party?
For Party members to come out and trash your own Party and the selection process that gave them Romney – is short-sighted and one of the reasons they are where they are. Nobody wants to look at themselves as the reason or cause of what happened. Can you imagine that happened in Australia – hang on it does – Clive Palmer beating up on Campbell Newman for example and vice versa.
Where will the Tea Party go now … who cares … the USA style politics is a spent force – the reality of Leaders having to swallow their posture and strut for the good of the Nation is what is needed – can you see major political USA personalities taking a back seat to get done what needs to be done … that will be the test in coming months.
Movie Director/Producer Oliver Stone has weighed into the debate with a new documentary series based on his book titled – “The Untold History of the United States” – Stone has done a deal with ‘Showtime’ to serialised the story into a 10 part documentary to be aired over coming weeks. The ‘Politico’ story on this is copied below:
The series commences its premier season on Showtime – 12th Nov 2012 in the USA – link to screening times …
I’m a fan of Oliver Stone, his branding, and his story telling through movies. Movies like his 1986 Best Picture movie – “Platoon”, starring Charlie Sheen, and his 1991 Oscar nominated movie “JFK” starring Kevin Costner, has proved his keen interest in, knowledge of, and his attention to detail about American Politics.
The TV series should be a great show for those who love political history.
This 2012 election result, called as a 50/50 outcome on the morning of the election, proved yet again how the electorate responds on election day as opposed to pollsters and the questions they ask to guide poll outcome data during an election campaign. The length of the USA Presidential election is almost two years and it is a marathon of marathons. There is plenty of time for mistakes and to overcome errors, all it takes is money to but votes and the good old american dream is alive and well when everybody gets a piece of the election money gravy ride.
GOP donator’s have a right to question how their funds were used, and the belief that they had a shot of rolling Obama bled them dry of new donations. Should they be allowed to ask for a refund given the landslide victory and how the donator’s were misled – of course not – ‘all-in’ as they say.
Surely the Legislators need to take a good hard look and how the $6 billion spend to win is justified. That equated to $50 a vote for the 120 million voters who lodged a vote.
In Australia the AEC refunds $2.41 per electoral vote pledged.
It is obviously not as simple as suggested – but when poll data suggests a neck and neck struggle, and a result comes up as a landslide – one has to ask if the poll data was skewered toward a close contest to entice more funding donations.
It can be likened to the cause and effect of the GFC – ratings agencies and their complicity in providing AAA ratings for ‘sub-prime’ assets in exchange for financial favours, gave everybody a comfort in investing in those ‘sub-prime’ assets. This Sub-Prime fiasco It was a fraud – and to suggest the Campaign Managers created fraudulent poll results to create larger funding donations might not be too far from the mark.
It’s called a ‘sucker-play’ – and as each and every election rolls by – the Political Parties just keep spending the money asked for and donated by voters without accountable or responsible outcomes.
Poof … another $6 billion gone – what outcome has changed – the HOR remains the same under GOP rule – the Senate remains with Obama – a few changes to Governorships, but the end result is more or less the same – yet the world was led to believe that an Obama victory was at best an even money bet.
Someone, or a great number of someone’s got it horrible wrong … and as always the poor plebs out there in electoral land paid twice – first the money they donated, and then their hopes and dreams went … Poof …
At least when you buy a lottery ticket you know someone has to win – in a two-horse race someone has to lose … but to try and make it sound like a close race is to give heart-break to almost 60 million people who put their heart and soul into Romney … someone deceived them …
America have had an escape from the reality of their fate during this election campaign – now that party is over, the problems that were there before the election campaign are now again front and center and in need of urgent attention.
The political landscape has not improved the chances in ways to help get done what has to be done.
The Tea Party faction was hell-bent in preventing the measures Obama wanted to legislate during his previous term hoping it would improve their electoral chances in 2012.
What will they do now that America has rejected them and stuck with Obama ?
American Politicians now have their own fate to deal with and unless they do – the World will punish them … Government spending and bail-out packages is about to come to an abrupt end and the money men on Wall Street sold the markets in the immediate session following Obama’s win – that was a sure signal and the Government is on notice by Global Money Managers.
Obama has to lead – he can no longer pussy foot around – he has to seize the moment and grasp the GOP with both hands – drag the Republicans screaming and kicking to the table and lay down the law.
He has to listen and carry the day else all America will fall. He has to stop spending money, stop bailing out industries that chew up the aid and allow the industry fat-cats to continue to drink from the public money pot.
Obama needs a squad of ‘Hog Shooters’ to lighten the load on the public purse – lean and mean and if the electorate can see the middle and upper management types shunted from the public service – and more on the ground staffers employed – America can have hope they can turn it all around.
If they don’t then the ‘slow-drag’ interest cost on their public debt, the welfare spend, the pension costs, ad the hopes of a whole generation will free fall over the cliff-edge and into an abyss none of us want to know about.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s:
Subscribe to EYE-BALL’s – Harry’s Growl