EYE-BALL Opinion – Open Letter to “The Independents” – Re: Julia Gillard Peter Slipper, and Craig Thompson, three MP’s who bring continued shame to our Parliament –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 9th Nov – “Courage is an Angle” – the difference between a good day and a great day –
– 8th Nov – RUDD fires a broadside aimed at GILLARD – done under a burka to hide its true intent –
– 6th Nov – Gillard’s caucus and union support in revolt – her position becoming more untenable by the day –
– 5th Nov – Referendum Discussion Part 1 – Compulsory Voting – Eye-Ball’s – “None of the Above Campaign” –
– 4th Nov – Gillard Sunburnt – the flames of discontent begin to impact –
– 2nd Nov – A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports – Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
– 1st Nov – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
– 30th Oct – How do you awake a slumbering nation – Politicians – the most empty of vessels –
– 30th Oct – Whistleblowers – love ‘em’ or hate ‘em’ –
– 29th Oct – Polls pressure Abbott’s Leadership – Worst PM ever holds lead and flaunts her position –
– 28th Oct – Eye-Ball’s “YUCK FILES -1” – ABC’s “Insiders” – Barry Cassidy –
– To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Open Letter to “The Independents” Re: –
– Julia Gillard, Peter Slipper, and Craig Thompson, three MP’s who bring continued shame to our Parliament –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 9th Nov 2012 |
|Today I sent an e-mail message to all the Independents Members of our Federal Government, also to the Government’s Cabinet Ministers, and selected Opposition MP’s. This letter was written after I listened to the Alan Jones interview with Mike Smith on the 2GB broadcast this morning – [9th Nov 2012]. That letter in full is pasted below:
Please take the time to listen to the 2GB Alan Jones/Mike Smith interview – linked to 2GB interview here.
Message sent to the Independents:
… the e-mail address’ are not linked but are valid.
… also sent to the ALP Cabinet Ministry, and selected Opposition e-mail address’.
… again I say – Mediocrity in Leadership breeds apathy – and unless the people show the courage to stand against that mediocrity then we fail ourselves and all who follow … ‘Courage is an Angle’
I received a host of automated responses – a selection of which I have included below:
Mr Oakeshott’s automated response … in part …
Mr Brandt’s automated response … in part …
Mr Katter’s automated response … in part …
These were the only Independent and Green responses received at the time of publishing this post.
As for the Government Minister’s responses …
Mr Rudd’s automated response … in part …
Ms Wong’s automated response … in full …
There were several Ministeral office responses all with similar commentary to the above … it would seem that local constituents are the priority as should be so … but how can one get to MP’s if they are only going to respond to local enquiries.
Do they not have a greater calling to the whole of the Australian electorate as the Government?
It would seem that individual issues are to be handled by the local member – and that Member then forwards it on to the Minister concerned. I have written to Minister’s, Opposition spokesperson, and their staffers many times in the past and the paper shuffle to get a response can take many phone calls and perhaps six months or longer before a response is forthcoming.
There is a great reluctance to issue a read receipt, and when I have phone dto ensure the message was received, reception staff all teh way up to Chief of Staff refuse to send an acknowledgelment through … Malcolm Turnbull’s office always adopts this policy and we have had frequent run in’s with his staff.
I know of many others who also contact their local member and they get an automated response and that is the last they hear of it.
Perhaps e-mail messages receive a lower priority, and the ‘snail-mail’ is still the best way to ensure a response – that is just too easy an excuse if in fact it is so.
Please all readers – if you feel the want to express your view and you agree with the content contained herein – you are welcome to copy and paste the letter in your own message to your Local member. You can find an address or e-mail address for your Member using the HOR and Senator links provided below.
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story. Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]