EYE-BALL Opinion – A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports – Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 1st Nov – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
– 30th Oct – How do you awake a slumbering nation – Politicians – the most empty of vessels –
– 30th Oct – Whistleblowers – love ‘em’ or hate ‘em’ –
– 29th Oct – Polls pressure Abbott’s Leadership – Worst PM ever holds lead and flaunts her position –
– 28th Oct – Eye-Ball’s “YUCK FILES -1” – ABC’s “Insiders” – Barry Cassidy –
– 21st Oct – Political and Media ‘Noise’ – Altering The meaning of the word ‘Misogynist’ –
20th Oct – The White-ants have taken over – Parliamentary Foundations are under threat –
– 16th Oct – Cheap Wine No More – A blog respondent’s comments –
– 15th Oct – The Future – Welfare Raised Children – Government making it harder for Society to survive –
– 14th Oct – I am OFFENDED – All Australia is OFFENDED – why would it matter if PM Gillard is OFFENDED –
– 10th Oct – The Misogynist v Misandrist debate – there can be no winner and Society loses –
– 10th Oct – The Circus that never ends – Problem is nobody is buying tickets –
– 8th Oct – Carr’s Lunacy – Suggests Assassination to end Syria’s Civil War –
– 6th Oct – Gillards Culpability – On the ropes but nobody is game to deliver the knockout blow… –
– 5th Oct – Abbott’s Desperation – he thinks it’s a popularity contest –
– 3rd Oct – Gillards Legacy – Examples of Lunacy, Desperation and Stupidity –
– 25 Sept – The vacuum of Politics – do they ever listen to or watch replays of themselves?
– 25th Sept – Alas, Hedley Thomas has returned – Not to Sink Gillard, but to sink Campbell Newman’s Wivenhoe Dam coverup –
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– A Montage of AWU Scandal Reports –
– Gillard to become “Open-Season” –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 2nd Nov 2012 |
|T he Sky News interview Julia Gillard gave on the 20th Aug 2012 with with Paul Kelly elevated the AWU scandal once again to the front pages of the mainstream media – be it ever so briefly.
The interview covered a number of issues including the ‘stop the boats’ debate that divided the House into a debate that shamed most Australians. Mid way through the debate Paul Kelly asked the first of many questions all Australia were waiting for.
The ‘Sky News’ YouTube replay of this interview can be viewed below: [the Paul Kelly moment happens at around the 13th minute if you want to fast forward …]
This AWU Scandal story has had a few runs in mainstream media dating back to 2007. ‘The Australian’ multi Walkely award winning Journalist – Hedley Thomas began to cover the story in serious mode during Aug 2012 and summarised the time line of the scandal in an article published on the 18th Aug 2012 – see below:
Since this story was published, and from well before Glenn Milne, Larry Pickering, Mike Smith, Shane Dowling, and Alan Jones had been running a campaign to foster the belief held by many that Gillard was a ‘crook’ – and own’s a past that all Australia deserved to know about.
Hedley Thomas has run a number of stories that have been covered by authors attached to this blog site, namely The EYE-BALL Opinion, and EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl – and a list of those posts where the Hedley Thomas story is highlighted is listed below:
Our Prime Minister maintains that – ‘she has done nothing wrong’, and challenges anyone to make an allegation, or put to her a question of a wrong doing.
This week the Opposition did pose some questions relating to the AWU scandal and each time – the PM responded – ‘I refer you to my previous answers to these questions on the record’.
Gillard can keep doing this as can the Opposition, up to a point … the media who should be in front of the story are abstaining and do not want to paint the PM because they are to lazy to do the leg work … evidence is hard to come by, and as quoted – files have gone missing, S&G can’t locate the AWU file that Gillard stated she set up – ‘off the books’ … yet $100k’s went through the bank accounts Gillard set up.
There is no such thing as the presumption if innocence when it comes to political corruption – yet Slipper, Thompson and Gillard with the help of Nicola Roxon have covered their arse’s and had the time to destroy documents that would/could incriminate them.
The House has one sitting left before the Christmas break. in the four weeks until that sitting begins – this AWU scandal has the chance to go mainstream if the whistleblowers do their job, if the media do their job and pressure the PM and her Cabinet and the caucus to revisit Gillard’s credentials and how she became the PM.
Australia deserves better … and with the Opposition about to enter their own world of pain over Leadership issues – another three years of this PM at the helm will turn Australia into a Nation full of disdain and a vile mistrust of Politicians that will lead to something that might be regretted.
Gillard should fall on her sword – she should know her days are numbered and leave before this AWU scandal brings the whole House down … or maybe not because then the whole Union corruption thing might become exposed …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]