EYE-BALL Opinion – Education … A white Elephant – Politicising the future of young Australians –
|Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 30th Oct – How do you awake a slumbering nation – Politicians – the most empty of vessels –
– 30th Oct – Whistleblowers – love ‘em’ or hate ‘em’ –
– 29th Oct – Polls pressure Abbott’s Leadership – Worst PM ever holds lead and flaunts her position –
– 28th Oct – Eye-Ball’s “YUCK FILES -1” – ABC’s “Insiders” – Barry Cassidy –
– 21st Oct – Political and Media ‘Noise’ – Altering The meaning of the word ‘Misogynist’ –
20th Oct – The White-ants have taken over – Parliamentary Foundations are under threat –
– 16th Oct – Cheap Wine No More – A blog respondent’s comments –
– 15th Oct – The Future – Welfare Raised Children – Government making it harder for Society to survive –
– 14th Oct – I am OFFENDED – All Australia is OFFENDED – why would it matter if PM Gillard is OFFENDED –
– 10th Oct – The Misogynist v Misandrist debate – there can be no winner and Society loses –
– 10th Oct – The Circus that never ends – Problem is nobody is buying tickets –
– 8th Oct – Carr’s Lunacy – Suggests Assassination to end Syria’s Civil War –
– 6th Oct – Gillards Culpability – On the ropes but nobody is game to deliver the knockout blow… –
– 5th Oct – Abbott’s Desperation – he thinks it’s a popularity contest –
– 3rd Oct – Gillards Legacy – Examples of Lunacy, Desperation and Stupidity –
– 25 Sept – The vacuum of Politics – do they ever listen to or watch replays of themselves?
– 25th Sept – Alas, Hedley Thomas has returned – Not to Sink Gillard, but to sink Campbell Newman’s Wivenhoe Dam coverup –
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Education … A white Elephant –
– Politicising the future of young Australians –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 1st Nov 2012 |
|Education is a big deal – early education is most important … however – higher education has resulted in a Nation of over qualified students who have little or no opportunity to work in their chosen fields.
When Politicians talk about Education as the ‘silver bullet’ – it is a statement that has need of explanation. In an expanding economy and in a technological world – people with education qualifications need to upgrade their education requirements for on the job advancement on a yearly basis.
An example – more and more workers are being forced to work as casual employees, and have more than a single income to support their lifestyles. A student out of high school having to make a decision about a career that’ll take 4-6 years of higher learning to become qualified for, is subject to all the workforce modifications and economic ups and downs before they even get to become eligible to apply for work.
What happens when employment opportunities in the chosen field has altered and necessitates further education, or a decision to forgo the time spent on a higher education because the workforce needs have changed?
Lumping education as the answer is fine if the workforce becomes non-specific – i.e. low paid workers, and on the job training becomes a part of the education process.
Spending $10’s of billions in building education infrastructure, continuing that investment into the future in modules of curriculum needs – all dependent upon an ever-changing dynamic of global trade all subject to the import of goods produced in low-cost economies – renders a population out of work because they have priced themselves out of the market.
America did it throughout to 80’s and 90’s when they willingly let go manufacturing jobs to low-cost economies and target a technology age of education. 20 years later America are finding that not everybody can do the higher education job – and are now trying to win back those blue-collar jobs.
I’ve read parts of the Gonski Report – linked here – and the recommendation of an extra $5 billion be spent is an expected outcome. How that $5 billion is spent is another matter.
When employers hire – work experience is the most relevant factor in 90% of employment. Higher education in the other 10% of jobs becomes a factor when professional careers are being pursued. And then even in those jobs work experience becomes more relevant when the gap between an education certificate and understanding the job requirements become an issue.
I see no point getting excited in the higher education debate – now if the $5 billion was to go to early learning and helping mothers, or stay at home parents stay at home and take care of their kids then I would be a big fan. Nobody will take care of a child any better than a parent if they have the means to do so.
Yes we need doctors, nurses, dentists, no so many more lawyers, or politicians, but real qualified people who have a vocation for their chosen field. They should have every opportunity to pursue their goals – but to throw $5 billion at education in higher learning areas when the future is based on whether there will be jobs for many of the higher paying jobs is not the answer.
If the World had a single currency, and a single standard of living – then equal and higher education for everyone would have more relevance, as opposed to an economy like Australia where everything is fast becoming too expensive for the rest of the world.
We are 23 million people – that money could be better spent educating Chinese in China and then giving them residency to come and live in Australia to do the job they’re educated to do.
This education debate is all arse about … early learning is more important than the higher learning …
|Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.Thankyou.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]