EYE-BALL Opinion – The Circus that never ends – Problem is nobody is buying tickets –
|Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 8th Oct – Carr’s Lunacy – Suggests Assassination to end Syria’s Civil War –
– 6th Oct – Gillards Culpability – On the ropes but nobody is game to deliver the knockout blow… –
– 5th Oct – Abbott’s Desperation – he thinks it’s a popularity contest –
– 3rd Oct – Gillards Legacy – Examples of Lunacy, Desperation and Stupidity –
– 25 Sept – The vacuum of Politics – do they ever listen to or watch replays of themselves?
– 25th Sept – Alas, Hedley Thomas has returned – Not to Sink Gillard, but to sink Campbell Newman’s Wivenhoe Dam coverup –
– 25th Sept – At the Risk of being called a Misogynist Sexist Nutjob Blogger – Women in Politics is the greater risk …
– 4th Sept – An Education Perspective – governments fail to grasp the reality of societal changes –
– 31st Aug: – Afghanistan – A Soldiers Sacrifice – a bottomless pit of Sacrifices –
– 30th Aug: – US Elections – The Republican Derby – The Joke is on all Americans … and Us –
– 30th Aug: – Wayne Swan – Just can’t help himself – A little man in every way –
– 27th Aug: – PM Gillard: do you recall ‘WATERGATE’ – it took Nixon two years to finally crack –
– 25th Aug: – Hedley Thomas – Australian Hero – Journalist story calls media to account –
– 24th Aug: – Duchess Julia can’t escape her past – News Journalist has the scent –
– 23rd Aug: – The Prime Minister Does not get it – Her Leadership has never been legitimised –
– 24th Aug: – Misogynist Nutjob’s – Protesters by another name –
– 23rd Aug: – Prime Minister Shines – stares down her detractors –
– 23rd Aug: – New CYBER DATA Laws passed – this is not the last word –
– 22nd Aug: – The Last Word on Copyright Piracy – News Ltd Chief shows ignorance –
– 21st Aug: – Julian Assange – The sage continues –
– 20th Aug: – Gillard’s PM tenure, All but over – She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
– 18th Aug: – Telstra-Bigpond – A protected Corporate species … WHY? – Part 1 – Telstra-Bigpond Billing Problems –
– 17th Aug: – The Julian Assange saga – the World should be concerned –
– 16th Aug: – The Asylum Seeker Solution – MP’s should hang their heads in shame
– 15th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickering’s Offerings –
– 14th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– 13th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– 9th Aug: – Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– 9th Aug: – Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt political Appointee & Politician –
– 2nd Aug: – Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– 30th July: – Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– 20th July: – Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– The Circus that never ends –
– Problem is nobody is buying tickets –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 10th Oct 2012 |
|T he House of Representatives descended to anarchy yesterday over the motion by the Opposition to remove Mr Slipper from the Speaker position.
It is now history that Slipper resigned moments after the motion to dismiss him was defeated 70 votes to 69. 70 Government MP’s voted to keep Slipper in the job and that by itself is a shameful example of Gillard’s hypocrisy over her ‘handbag’ campaign to paint the Leader of the Opposition as a ‘sexist’ and someone who has ‘trouble with capable women’. Given that position that has been the media focus for weeks – how could this Government in all good conscience defend Mr Slipper to hold his position as Speaker given the content of his ‘text’ messages released in Court.
This Government is turning on its axis – it does not know where to turn to hide – and yet the Opposition is itself only happy to sit by the bar-b-que and watch the slow-roast of the PM and her ‘handbag’ Government.
It was revealed this morning on the Larry Pickering website that whilst the debate raged yesterday – Oakeshott and Windsor were in Peter Slippers office giving him an ultimatium – either resign or we will vote with the Opposition to have you removed.
Pickering claimed that the deal was done so The Opposition Leader would not have a victory on the floor of the House thus keeping Abbott without a victory against this Government.
Read Pickering Story on-line here – or below – Titled: SLIPPER HAD NO INTENTION TO RESIGN.
If this information is so – Gillard had to be out of the loop – all the Government had to be ignorant of what Windsor and Oakeshott were up to – if anyone knew then it was tightly held. If the intent was to make Gillard look like a fool then it worked wonderfully.
The bigger story if this Pickering information is correct is that our media were completely off the scent – one could say – incompetent even. In fact one might believe that Pickering has made up the whole story – but knowing Pickering and his attention to detail – he would never have written this story unless he had the sources to confirm the content.
What role and reason would ALP Caucus Chairman – Member for Banks Daryl Melham – have to resign his position on the same day is still an unknown. He spoke against the motion and comment on his speech can be read in Harry’s Growls latest post –
The question remains – Why would Mr Melham resign his position amidst such an important debate?
Now to turn this post on its head – is it just me or can a case be made that the female gender ALP MP’s and Ministers have had all the headlines for some time now? None of it about policy of the role of Governance but all about sledging Abbott as a ‘sexist’.
Can it also be said that the public debate on Abbott’s ‘issues with women’ is mainly a debate offered up by these female MP’s?
Despite the risks in being labeled a ‘misogynist sexist nutjob’ – I have a gut feeling that the women of the ALP have hijacked the ALP agenda and the ‘boys’ have all rolled over and yielded to the ‘handbag’ brigade.
It is the female ALP members who have carried this debate and the ‘boys’ in the ALP have stood back and followed their Leader. One might suggest that they are powerless in the face of all this feminism and shell-shocked into submission because they fear being labeled as Tony Abbott has been labeled.
It is the ALP women MP’s who have dragged this parliament into a ‘sexist’ debate and all the members of this ‘handbag’ brigade are screaming ‘misogyny’ at every opportunity. It might even be called ‘tantrum like’.
‘Misogyny’ is the new favourite word for any female ALP MP to use when a male comment or slur is offered in the House. It is crippling the parliament and its ability to function – claims by ‘handbag’ member Jenny Macklin this morning that Abbott abused the PM every day and makes sexist comments across the floor cannot be substantiated by Parliamentary broadcasts.
Macklin – the ugliest of the ‘handbag’ brigade might be out and about lending support to the debate offered up by Gillard and her tight three – Plibersek, Roxon, and Ellis.
Males slagging males is entrenched in the history of this Parliament – Paul Keating was the best of the ‘slaggers’ and YouTube offers plenty of past glory for anyone who wants to relive history. The men of the day laughed it off and accepted it as the ‘robust’ atmosphere of the chamber.
Then women wanted in – and now that they are in – and the slagging continues it is the women who cry foul. It one could capture the ‘hate’ in Gillard’s eyes and expression when she spoke yesterday – one can see why she is not qualified to hold the PM position. Anyone who can be ignited in that way carry’s a ‘tell’ that would make her an easy read on the world stage. But then the word ‘easy’ might be found offensive when used in a sentence about Julia Gillard.
Another question arises – is the ‘tactic’ to attack Abbott as ‘sexist and someone who has difficulty dealing with capable women’ – a political version of character assassination dreamed up by Gillards new political advisor to damage Abbott’s rise in the polls – or does it have any validity in a ‘real world’ and lend support to the claims being made by Gillard and her ‘handbag’ brigade.
On Lateline last night Plibersek was dismissive of any suggestion that the Government was embroiled in a hypocrisy debate over the Slipper and Abbott allegations – she looked more than stupid during the course of the interview – the interviewer Anna Alberici went after her which made Plibersek look more dismissive as the interview went on.
There is another question – does Gillard and her ‘handbag’ brigade hate men … turn this debate around and apply the reverse logic – there is such a thing as misandry – and this could be argued that this very muck looks very a case of the ‘pot calling the kettle black’.
Some of Gillards past lovers have been high profile men, men who were married with families. She spent time with them and then she left them for unknown reasons. It might be said that she received something out of these relationships – can her elevation within the ALP be linked to these past relationships?
It this were Hollywood – one might say she had intent and set about sleeping her way to the top … and there is nothing wrong with that if it is the truth.
I’m sure we all have skeletons – but the crux is that the role of PM should be above reproach and anybody with a shady or compromised past, should never have ever been allowed to get near the PM position.
Meanwhile – the Government is in disarray and the process of Government is a background agenda.
Since the Alan Jones – this Government has gone out of its way to make the political debate about personalities and the destruction of persons and not about Government.
Gillard has lost the ability to lead and her female instincts have confirmed the big negative within the electorate and pose further questions about her ability to lead – regardless of whether she is female or not.
Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]