EYE-BALL Opinion – Gillards Culpability – On the ropes but nobody is game to deliver the knockout blow… –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 5th Oct – Abbott’s Desperation – he thinks it’s a popularity contest –
– 3rd Oct – Gillards Legacy – Examples of Lunacy, Desperation and Stupidity –
– 25 Sept – The vacuum of Politics – do they ever listen to or watch replays of themselves?
– 25th Sept – Alas, Hedley Thomas has returned – Not to Sink Gillard, but to sink Campbell Newman’s Wivenhoe Dam coverup –
– 25th Sept – At the Risk of being called a Misogynist Sexist Nutjob Blogger – Women in Politics is the greater risk …
– 4th Sept – An Education Perspective – governments fail to grasp the reality of societal changes –
– 31st Aug: – Afghanistan – A Soldiers Sacrifice – a bottomless pit of Sacrifices –
– 30th Aug: – US Elections – The Republican Derby – The Joke is on all Americans … and Us –
– 30th Aug: – Wayne Swan – Just can’t help himself – A little man in every way –
– 27th Aug: – PM Gillard: do you recall ‘WATERGATE’ – it took Nixon two years to finally crack –
– 25th Aug: – Hedley Thomas – Australian Hero – Journalist story calls media to account –
– 24th Aug: – Duchess Julia can’t escape her past – News Journalist has the scent –
– 23rd Aug: – The Prime Minister Does not get it – Her Leadership has never been legitimised –
– 24th Aug: – Misogynist Nutjob’s – Protesters by another name –
– 23rd Aug: – Prime Minister Shines – stares down her detractors –
– 23rd Aug: – New CYBER DATA Laws passed – this is not the last word –
– 22nd Aug: – The Last Word on Copyright Piracy – News Ltd Chief shows ignorance –
– 21st Aug: – Julian Assange – The sage continues –
– 20th Aug: – Gillard’s PM tenure, All but over – She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
– 18th Aug: – Telstra-Bigpond – A protected Corporate species … WHY? – Part 1 – Telstra-Bigpond Billing Problems –
– 17th Aug: – The Julian Assange saga – the World should be concerned –
– 16th Aug: – The Asylum Seeker Solution – MP’s should hang their heads in shame
– 15th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickering’s Offerings –
– 14th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– 13th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– 9th Aug: – Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– 9th Aug: – Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt political Appointee & Politician –
– 2nd Aug: – Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– 30th July: – Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– 20th July: – Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Gillards Culpability –
– On the ropes but nobody is game to deliver the knockout blow… –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 6th Oct 2012 |
|T he arrest of Michael Williamson of HSU fame this week has led to the first of what promises to be many shocks and after shocks for the Union movement.
To watch a ‘SMH’ video of a statement made by the Police outlining the allegations and charges against Mr Williamson – please use this link.
‘The Australian’ ran a story today about the ‘Trust’ fund set up by the HSU and under Michael Williamson’s control, and whose purpose was to fund election and re-election campaigns. The source of funds for this ‘Trust Fund’ came from HSU members. The story can be read below – it’s an important story.
There can be no greater corporate crime than for Management to defraud those who placed their trust in the same Management. Mr Williamson will go to jail for his 20 odd years of corrupt behaviour … but not for as long as he should. The members will never get back the reported $20 million he stripped to use for his own personal slush fund.
How many other HSU union heavyweights received benefits from Williamson to keep him in the position as an elected representative of the HSU Union? How many other Unions operated the same way – this should be the questions this Government is asking and talking about among themselves.
Hang on – why would they when they know the answers already – most of them come from Union backgrounds and were most probably involved in similar type practices because that is how the Unions operate.
Hang on again – PM Gillard was involved in a similar scam as a Slater & Gordon lawyer who helped set up a ‘slush-fund’ for an AWU heavyweight – she was bonking the guy at the time and reportedly having his baby. Yet with that scandal hanging around her neck she was still able to become our un-elected Prime Minister.
Bill Shorten came from the same AWU era as the PM and he is aware of all this history and more – and as Minister for Industrial Relations and directly linked to the Unions – he should be the one to cry ‘foul’ and ignite the reasoning to instigate a Royal Commission into all Unions and their ‘slush-fund’ type activities.
This story is a part of the toxic release emanating from this Government. The Union movement has evolved as a part of Australia’s heritage and many good things have benefited the worker as a result of Union activities.
But it is time – time the workers received a fair ‘shake of the tree’ when it comes to this HSU scandal and how widespread the ‘slush-fund’ type activities have encroached within all the other Unions. The Unions are now ruled by a past that intimidates any of the Union members from speaking out against the way the Union is managed. It is time to give the members a helping hand, and to hand back to them a true democratic process for the election of their representatives.
This is an example of how people like Williamson and his ‘heavies’ have been able to carry out the fraud for as long as he has. Federal MP Craig Thompson is entrenched in the ‘filtered’ cash dispersals that form a part of this fraud, and that in itself should have bene enough for this Government to act sooner.
It was the Craig Thompson scandal that turned attention to the HSU in the first place over 12 months ago. The Police investigation commenced Aug 2011 and have now laid charges.
This delay has allowed all the other Unions to prepare for any future investigation or Royal Commission and as a result – any incrimination evidence will have long been destroyed. This Government has allowed this to happen through its inaction when it should have been out from the outset trying to clean up the Unions in the first place.
In fact – Williamson was caught in the act of destroying and removing incrimination documents from the Union headquarters when Police made their first raid. Do you not think all the other Unions involved in the same type of practices have now used this delayed process to destroy any evidence of wrongdoing in the time since. Surely they are not that stupid!
Gillard knows full well from her association and involvement in the AWU scandal in the early 90’s how Union bosses set up ‘slush funds’ for so called re-election purposes. In fact she attended a house auction with her boyfriend who purchased a house in his and another’s name with so called ‘slush fund’ union funds.
Gillard has always been aware of what is involved in the Craig Thompson affair. She has been forced to support his continuation in the House else the Union ‘house of cards’ would crumble on her watch.
Bill Shorten is another who owes his position in Parliament to his Union connections as a former AWU President. The call should have come from his office to fully investigate all Unions and how the members contributions and funds are accounted for – to have sat on the fence as he has draws its obvious conclusions.
There is nothing in this ‘Gillard house of ill-repute’ that does not release a toxic stench that all of Australia is forced to inhale. It gives weight in the belief that humans don’t mind the smell of their own shit. (See www.poopreport.com for some answers.)
As this HSU case will unfold in an election year with the Craig Thompson matter still to be heard – Gillard knows that her time remaining is measured. Just what further destruction Gillard and her Cabinet engineers in that time frame, with their self-destruct attitude to win the next election at any cost – will be the legacy we will all be reminded by in time.
A sign of a good Leader is to know when it is time to leave – you would think that Gillard would have long ago realised her fate, and if she had any respect for the office of the PM, and was truly aware of her ‘duty of care’ to all Australians – she would be gone already.
When someone won’t go willingly – then there are limited options in our form of Government – in fact if the caucus had any balls they should have done what must be done. Their shame is that they all want to keep their jobs and that self-interest priority is what’s wrong with our form of democracy.
The will of the people has been and continues to be ignored and has been so for two odd years. Gillards popularity has been hovering around the 30% all that time and if that has not motivated the Caucus to take action – then their role in the process of democracy has failed all Australians.
If the media can be trusted to do their job and hold this Government to account – the call for a Royal Commission into all Unions and how members funds are accounted for should be a priority. The resistance argument for the Government will be about the due process of law and how a Royal Commission during the Williamson and HSU court proceedings might pose a conflict.
Shite – I say to that …
Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]