EYE-BALL Opinion – US Elections – The Republican Derby – The Joke is on all Americans … and Us-
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 27th Aug: – PM Gillard: do you recall ‘WATERGATE’ – it took Nixon two years to finally crack –
– 25th Aug: – Hedley Thomas – Australian Hero – Journalist story calls media to account –
– 24th Aug: – Duchess Julia can’t escape her past – News Journalist has the scent –
– 23rd Aug: – The Prime Minister Does not get it – Her Leadership has never been legitimised –
– 24th Aug: – Misogynist Nutjob’s – Protesters by another name –
– 23rd Aug: – Prime Minister Shines – stares down her detractors –
– 23rd Aug: – New CYBER DATA Laws passed – this is not the last word –
– 22nd Aug: – The Last Word on Copyright Piracy – News Ltd Chief shows ignorance –
– 21st Aug: – Julian Assange – The sage continues –
– 20th Aug: – Gillard’s PM tenure, All but over – She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
– 18th Aug: – Telstra-Bigpond – A protected Corporate species … WHY? – Part 1 – Telstra-Bigpond Billing Problems –
– 17th Aug: – The Julian Assange saga – the World should be concerned –
– 16th Aug: – The Asylum Seeker Solution – MP’s should hang their heads in shame
– 15th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickering’s Offerings –
– 14th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– 13th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– 9th Aug: – Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– 9th Aug: – Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt political Appointee & Politician –
– 2nd Aug: – Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– 30th July: – Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– 20th July: – Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– US Elections – Republican Derby –
– The Joke is on all Americans … and Us –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 30th Aug 2012 |
|T he Republican Convention in Tampa Bay under the clouds and rain, wind and tempest from hurricane Issac – heralded Mitt Romney and his wife as the new Kennedy’s of American politics.
It never ceases to amaze when the wife of a Presidential candidate speaks – Ann Romney’s speech would have been practised and edited to within an inch of its life before she went on stage at the Convention.Yet when delivered it still had the stench of elitism and ‘not having a damn clue’ about what America represents, or any understanding of where America is in terms of the post GFC recovery.
Romney’s wife said during her speech – ‘I want to talk to you about that love so deep only a mother can fathom it — the love we have for our children and our children’s children.’
I watched the highlight reel as most of us did – when I heard her say these words – I said to myself – ‘how dumb can Americans be!’
I searched out the text of her speech – full text of her speech can be read here – and the same link will also provide a video of her giving her speech. How does one who come from such wealth and privilege talk to Americans about hardship? She had a monster of a creditability problem for mine and this goes to speech writers who pitch delivery at vote casting – and not honest commentary that sets out solutions.
The only thing I can say after watching the live-stream of the Convention for a few hours is that Leaders have not got a clue how to tell the truth. They sell themselves and the GOP – these Party Leaders think that is their only responsibility to the American people.
Americans are guilty of many things that have contributed to a World standing upon the brink of an abyss where the future of the current way of life for all the World’s population is under the most serious of threats on any timescale you care to use.
American Leaders are guilty of the most serious of misrepresentations – they deliver speeches to attract votes and choose not deal with in any exposed way with te American people about the economic crises confronting everybody.
These GOP Leaders procrastinate over ‘gun control’ laws that make them the joke of Western civilisation, they refuse to go after America’s rich and lift taxes, they refuse to speak on the truth about military spending and the agenda of advancement in war technology in ever increasing ways to kill mankind.
America always talks up its military strength in the face of elections – it’s a tried and tested success model to shore up Leadership popularity. Both sides do it.
Yet the world media on clue has published their GOP Convention stories blind to the obvious, and supportive of the rhetoric without comment about the content.
‘Truth’, ‘Justice’, and ‘the American way’ – phrases used to rally troops and it works on all Americans. The words are hollow if ‘actions’ were to speak louder than words. Lessons should be learnt by Americans that when they use these ”ralling cries’ – history does them a dis-service,
Here are two stories plucked from the many thousand reported about ”Tea Party’ values as members of the GOP in recent weeks –
Here is another link a story that appeared in June 2012 –
There is great concern for where American Politics is headed and to be completely honest – their slide down the totem pole of how the rest of the World views America is a slide that was inevitable.
If Americans feel they are losing their grip on owning the head at the table spot amongst World Leaders – they had better get used to it. America’s economic recovery – so longed and awaited is not going to happen anytime soon. It will be decades before middle and low-income Americans will return to their pre GFC lifestyle.
To counter this one might look to the Dow Jones performance in recent months – now sitting just 8% or so below its all time highs pre GFC. A heads up to anyone buying stocks at these levels … you are part of the problem and remain a reason why America has lost its inventiveness, its spirit … take your capital out of equities and bonds and invest in your Nation. Americans are too scared to invest in their own economy – they would rather pluck and plunder elsewhere and that just about sums up the progress of the post GFC recovery. Its all been left to Government.
Any other analysis is pure mindless and utterly devoid of understanding of what the World is enduring. The Bankers who caused the GFC, the Regulators who allowed it to happen, and the Administrators who spent US$10 trillion trying to prevent it – now have to realise that the debt created was largely wasted, and the after taste to that spend now has to be endured.
Any political speeches given in this campaign on economic management and into the future have been just words on a page – and Americans are buying it up in full view and election polling data.
When credit agencies get serious and try to regain creditability post ‘sub-prime’ ratings – American debt will be downgraded further. Hell – they are talking about letting American States declare bankruptcy. How desperate a picture does that paint? Yet the DJIA keeps creeping forward.
Some links to US Debt Ceiling data:
To put it mildly – America are spending like a kid with a credit card with no mum of dad to tell them when to stop. The election campaign process is to not talk about the debt levels unless absolutely forced to. Neither party can get congress to agree to tax increases on the wealthy at a time when both Parties election campaigns are tapping into that wealth to run multi $billion dollar campaigns to get someone into the Whitehouse.
Morally both sides are bankrupt – Obama gets my support purely because he inherited Bush’s mess and his agenda was hijacked by the GFC impact before it started. He’s been pushing uphill ever since and rather than gain ground – he has slipped and fallen several times.
He deserves another term – appointing Romney will mean another two years wasted before Romney stops his spend to implement his own election promises’.
The World awaited Obama’s arrival during the developing financial crises had become the GFC. The World is now aware that even Obama did not have the magic to stop what was inevitable, and caused by 40 odd years of greed and avarice by World Leadership and Bankers. All of whom were all too eager to treat the world’s population as the ‘sucker pool’ from which they drained via debt proliferation and created unimaginable wealth.
The age of ‘Robber Barons’ never left us – they just changed the colour and style of their clothes and became politicians – or the people behind the politicians.
Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]