EYE-BALL Opinion – PM Gillard – do you recall ‘WATERGATE’ – it took Nixon two years to finally crack –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 25th Aug: – Hedley Thomas – Australian Hero – Journalist story calls media to account –
– 24th Aug: – Duchess Julia can’t escape her past – News Journalist has the scent –
– 23rd Aug: – The Prime Minister Does not get it – Her Leadership has never been legitimised –
– 24th Aug: – Misogynist Nutjob’s – Protesters by another name –
– 23rd Aug: – Prime Minister Shines – stares down her detractors –
– 23rd Aug: – New CYBER DATA Laws passed – this is not the last word –
– 22nd Aug: – The Last Word on Copyright Piracy – News Ltd Chief shows ignorance –
– 21st Aug: – Julian Assange – The sage continues –
– 20th Aug: – Gillard’s PM tenure, All but over – She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
– 18th Aug: – Telstra-Bigpond – A protected Corporate species … WHY? – Part 1 – Telstra-Bigpond Billing Problems –
– 17th Aug: – The Julian Assange saga – the World should be concerned –
– 16th Aug: – The Asylum Seeker Solution – MP’s should hang their heads in shame
– 15th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickering’s Offerings –
– 14th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– 13th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– 9th Aug: – Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– 9th Aug: – Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt political Appointee & Politician –
– 2nd Aug: – Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– 30th July: – Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– 20th July: – Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– PM Gillard: do you recall ‘WATERGATE’ –
– it took Nixon two years to finally crack –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 27th Aug 2012 |
|T he AWU scandal has been alive and on life support for 20 years – lying as if in a coma, occasionally arresting and surfacing only to be put back to sleep in line with the rest of Australia’s apathy.
Many people have known about this scandal – and yet the central player involved Julia Gillard – sits as our Prime Minister.
As the current arrested introspection of 20-year-old events plays itself out in the media – the Prime Minister is able to deflect any toxic slur because hard evidence is still light on, and relying in heresy as opposed to physical evidence.
This recent four-month campaign to embarrass Gillard has advanced the matter more than any previous attempts. The AWU know there was a fraud but for all of the time lapsed – they have all acted on instructions from Union heavies and stayed silent.
Current AWU secretary Paul Howes has the opportunity to act on behalf of the AWU membership and assist the police with their investigations – yet to date he remains silent and out of the media spotlight. Howes has a tough choice – be the man that exposes Union corruption – or live with his knowledge – knowing that he did not have the courage to do the right thing for his Union members.
There is good reason – lives are at threat here – or fear for one’s life.
If Howes allows full access and gives evidence to what he knows, can prove, and has been told about the scandal – in addition to the statements/affidavits by Bob Kernohan and Ian Cambridge – then this matter will blow apart the charade PM Gillard hides behind and topple the Government.
Howes was one of the faceless men who put Gillard in the Prime Minister’s chair – will he now turn to his members and do the right thing. Howes will be remembered no matter what choice he decides. It is hoped that for the future of Australia and the survival of the Union movement he makes the decent and right judgement call.
As with the ‘Watergate’ scandal – once the evidence begins to appear, there will be no controlling what happens next. A man or woman’s conscience can be a mysterious thing. Police investigators know that the thought of being caught or exposed plays havoc with the mind – the longer the thought is active in the mind, particular if it is believe others are talking – the more likely the paranoia endured.
And so it is with this story – those who have helped hide this story will only be too eager to come forth when they know it is only a matter of time before they hear the ‘knock’ – so rather than wait for that knock, they will come forward to try and get the best deal for themselves.
Bruce Wilson and Ralph Blewitt – the apparent biggest beneficiaries of the fraud are already seeking deals – who will be next?
Gillard has shown that anyone who wants to come after her had better be well armed. She has a closely connected Cabinet – many of whom are complicit in the same AWU scandal. Her 1600 employed media scrutiny spread across the Fed Gov Departments work for her and will do her bidding – that is of course unless someone from within decides they cannot live with what they know and comes forward.
A sinking ship is reason for all aboard to take what they can and jump overboard. If the chinks in Gillard’s bravado show vulnerability – the exudos will be quick and swift.
She has a 3&0 record against the News Ltd press – and still she refuses to issue defamation proceedings – despite her mentioning in last Thursdays Press Conference that the News Ltd story was ‘defamatory’. The PM has to know that she has to put-up or shut-up on the defamation issue because the more she shy’s away for legal proceedings – the more guilty she looks.
A friend of mine spoke to a group of dog-lovers and raised this story in general conversation – he was stunned at the ignorance to the story – his summation – nobody cares. That then begs the question – is all the froth and bubble being printed and investigated over this 20-year-old story going to change anything?
Come election day people will make a choice – be it uninformed, or in line with their DNA allegiance and exposures, to their workplace and the conversations they are exposed to about politics.
That begs another question – how do you get the biggest block of uninformed voters to take an interest in Politics?
That group being the 18-28 year olds. The 60’s slogan – ‘if you’re old enough to fight for your Nation – then you’re old enough to vote’ – was a slogan without real understanding. Some 50 years later – if anything young people are now more disinterested in Politics than they have ever been.
So if this AWU scandal is to bring any good – i.e. a Royal Commission into Union’s and the use and accountability of Members funds – the Union members have to step up and put pressure on their Union boss’. The militancy of Union leadership will make that a difficult task.
A current and ongoing research project into Unions is still unable to locate published financial accounts for at least 85% of all ACTU affiliated Unions.
The six months research thus far has revealed a $1 billion per year membership subscriptions and how those funds are accounted for remains a closed shop.
A first installment on this story will be published later this week – but it is struggling to gain traction in its objective to establish how Unions distribute and account for their members funds on an annual basis.
This AWU scandal when all said and done is going to change many things about the Australian political landscape. It will take many years for the final outcome to be known. What is sure – the ALP will not be the same Party as it is now when all said and done.
Gillard has to respect history – and she like Nixon will try to stay and ride out the storm – she will fail as did Nixon because all it takes from the electorate’s perspective – is a hint of any wrong doing – as Malcolm Fraser used when he defeated Gough Whitlam after the Kerr dismissal and the new election result.
Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]