EYE-BALL Opinion – The Prime Minister Does not get it – Her Leadership has never been legitimised –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 23rd Aug: – Prime Minister Shines – stares down her detractors –
– 23rd Aug: – New CYBER DATA Laws passed – this is not the last word –
– 22nd Aug: – The Last Word on Copyright Piracy – News Ltd Chief shows ignorance –
– 21st Aug: – Julian Assange – The sage continues –
– 20th Aug: – Gillard’s PM tenure, All but over – She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
– 18th Aug: – Telstra-Bigpond – A protected Corporate species … WHY? – Part 1 – Telstra-Bigpond Billing Problems –
– 17th Aug: – The Julian Assange saga – the World should be concerned –
– 16th Aug: – The Asylum Seeker Solution – MP’s should hang their heads in shame
– 15th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickering’s Offerings –
– 14th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– 13th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– 9th Aug: – Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– 9th Aug: – Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt political Appointee & Politician –
– 2nd Aug: – Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– 30th July: – Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– 20th July: – Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– The Prime Minister Does not get it –
– Her Leadership has never been legitimised –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 23rd Aug 2012 |
he call is out – the hounds are on the scent, and much of Australia believe PM Gillard has done women in general a great dis-service.
Her Press conference today saw a ‘feisty’ woman defending her character – she used the word ‘misogynist’ several times and one wonders whether there was some ‘misandry’ involved.
The coming days will determine where this story goes – whether its fleeting appearance in mainstream media will continue, of will it be sent to the ‘backbenchers’ to use a political analogy and remain in the social media arena.
A legitimate question is asked – is the PM bad or good at her job?
That is generally an electoral mandate – but we can in this PM’s case look at some of the back-flips and nose bleeds she has had to perform and endure when she has fumbled the ball in her time as the PM. The list is long and growing – and after she is gone – then will be the then to count the cost.
Ever since Gillard spoke with Paul Kelly last Sunday and provided incentive for mainstream media to go after her, todays showdown Press Conference was always going to happen.
Her performance today, and over the time since June 2010 as the PM, and from 2007 as the Deputy PM – has prompted a decision on my part as a commentator to review and do a self-appraisal as to why I don’t think Julia Gillard deserves to hold the title of Prime Minister.
I admit that I had no knowledge of the AWU scandal up until a year or so ago when Glen Milne again wrote about the story. My long-standing distrust of Ms Gillard stems from the way in which she became the Prime Minister and as a result I did not vote for her in the 2010 election.
I believed the Unions and people like Bill Shorten, Paul Howes, and Mark Arbib had agendas in the Rudd dismissal that had noting to do with the will of the people.
For Gillard to accept the chalice being handed to her – she has to accept that she condoned and supported the Rudd assassination – and she did so with not one ounce of respect for the people’s choice and vote for their Prime Minister in Mr Rudd. No amount of time can forgive her for that history.
Keating did it to Hawke but at the time Hawke had already won three terms and it was time.
The term – ‘government of the people, for the people, and by the people’ forms the basis principle of any known democracy. In Australia the PM was chosen by the Unions and the ‘faceless men’ fronting as MP’s, but in reality fronting Unions and the allegiances they demand for pre-selection continuity.
So to be honest – I have never been a supporter of her as our PM.
Another true statement is that I have never voted anything but Labour in my 40 odd years of voting. There have been times when I have voted ‘None of the Above’ – see EYE-BALL campaign link here – or deliberate informal because I could not bring myself to vote for the alternative.
In this Parliament – I don’t believe Tony Abbott offers up as an alternative – if Malcolm Turnbull became the Coalition Leader it could create a willingness to consider voting for the Coalition at the next election for the very first time in my life. Much would depend on the talent in his Shadow Cabinet.
There is a void of smart, qualified, savvy, and intelligent people serving in our Parliament across all party’s. There is no one who can inspire, no one with any exposed grand vision, no one with credentials that set them above the pack. This Nation is worse off because of this fact.
But why is there such a ground swell of resentment surrounding Julia Gillard as the first woman PM of this Nation?
Many of her detractors are fellow women.
There is a very simple explanation – she never has presented herself as a creditable person nor as a woman throughout her entire term as PM, or as a Member of Parliament.
The AWU scandal produced information that she was once pregnant to a married man that she was living with in some sort of defacto relationship, and during the time when the AWU scandal broke.
As the now PM – this information and how the pregnancy was terminated is very relevant.
All the PM’s past history is relevant, it goes to character, ability to make judgement calls under extremes of pressure, and the ability to confront mistakes and atone for them.
Did the PM abort her pregnancy? Did she have a miscarriage? Did the outcome render her unable to have more children?
The answer to each of these questions will allow the public to view Julia Gillard’s character in a light that will shine in three different directions depending which is the truth.
People may think this information is not relevant – for anybody not seeking public office, they would be right. But to seek the highest office in the land – the answers the these questions are owed to the Australian people.
To be a great Leader – you first need to understand humility and let the people see that you understand it – and perhaps have endured it. Bob Hawk’s greatest popularity came after he cried on National TV over his daughters drug addiction. Gillard could learn a lesson and humanise herself a little more.
Fronting up every time when someone ask’s you a question you do not want to answer, and to respond with fire in the belly – only leads to a disengagement with the people. These are reasons why I find my opinion of her suffers – to demonstrate such hostility, ferocity and bravado in the face of questions that should be answered – only leads to the belief that there is more to this story than what has been aired.
Journalists offer the PM respect during Press interviews – she does not reciprocate – rather than be ask, the PM takes charge of the Press gallery and directs the questions by name in a precise ordered like structure sweeping left and right like they were school kids marching out of line. It looks and sounds authoritarian and the Press present themselves as lapdogs on a leash and putty in her hands.
Whatever the cause or reason the PM has taken this Commander in Chief style approach is a mystry to her character.
Again during todays Press Conference, she never offered any humility, no emotiveness, no centered overflow of warmth that gives off any confidence that what we saw today was all about getting to the truth and that it would finally go away.
I liked Keating and Hawke – I was a Banker back then and with the markets in a new birth after the Banking changes and the floating of the A$ – Keating was the hero of every market operative.
Never liked Howard – did his dash when he ripped off the Australian people on the Telstra float, the gun buyback deal, the GST promise despite winning an election on a GST mandate – you should read the Paul Lynam (R.I.P.) interview with Howard on a plane trip about how the taxpayers funded his GST campaign though his election campaign. I have it if anyone wants a copy – email me – email@example.com
Then there was the Waterfront dispute, the children overboard scandal which led to another election victory, Workchoices, the offshore processing of asylum seekers, and the biggest stuff up of all – going to War in Iraq over the George Bush lie over ‘Weapons of Mass destruction’.
Howard may be a hero to many people – but they just suffer from a DNA problem – the same as the ALP support base still sticking with this PM also having the same DNA problem.
Who would you replace Gillard with – that is the million dollar question – a transfused DNA Coalition base say Abbott – but he would be a worse choice than Gillard. Who else from that side of politics … could you possibly consider – Julie Bishop – Joe Hockey – the obvious choice can only be Malcolm Turnbull.
And on Gillard’s side of the House – rule out all the Women, they’ll never have a shot and they know it. Crean – has been, Smith – possible, Conroy – a fool, Bowen – damaged over the asylum outcome, Emerson – a joke, Garrett – still living with the pink bat scandal, Bourke – a lightweight, Swan – god help us, Shorten – would be the worst choice possible, and then there is Mr Rudd … but then the Unions would have to have their say …
How funny it would be that we all end up with Rudd displacing Gillard before the next election and he again turns the party’s fortunes and denies Abbott what he thinks is already his.
It’s Politics and only one step away from the asylum …
Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]