EYE-BALL Opinion – New CYBER DATA Laws passed – this is not the last word –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 22nd Aug: – The Last Word on Copyright Piracy – News Ltd Chief shows ignorance –
– 21st Aug: – Julian Assange – The sage continues –
– 20th Aug: – Gillard’s PM tenure, All but over – She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
– 18th Aug: – Telstra-Bigpond – A protected Corporate species … WHY? – Part 1 – Telstra-Bigpond Billing Problems –
– 17th Aug: – The Julian Assange saga – the World should be concerned –
– 16th Aug: – The Asylum Seeker Solution – MP’s should hang their heads in shame
– 15th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickering’s Offerings –
– 14th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– 13th Aug: – Gillard – beyond redemption I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– 9th Aug: – Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– 9th Aug: – Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt political Appointee & Politician –
– 2nd Aug: – Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– 30th July: – Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– 20th July: – Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
– 19th July: – Julia Gillard – Prime Minister … the Leader who Trashed a Nation !!!
– July 15th: – Is OIL Over?
– July 15th: – What are we doing in Afghanistan?
– July 14th: – Harry’s Political Updates …
– July 14th: – Albanese and Gillard defending – … Peter Slipper …
– July 13th: – Greece – the downward spiral …
– July 13th: – Skyrocketing Electricity Costs …
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– New CYBER DATA Laws passed –
– this is not the last word –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 23rd Aug 2012 |
|A pparently my previous post was ‘not the last word’ on copyright issues associated with internet downloads. The Government passed new Laws yesterday – called ‘Cybercrime Legislation Amendment Bill 2011‘ – that now make it legal to enforce ISP’s (Internet Service Providers) – to keep your browsing records and history under issue of a warrant for suspected ‘cyber crimes’.
As the Law stood previously, ISP’s were allowed to delete your browsing history as and when they saw fit. This made the Law authorities investigations into criminal activity a hit and miss affair depending of how they stumbled upon the ‘cyber crime’ data.
The new Laws allow them to issue a warrant to the ISP on the grounds of ”any suspected ‘cyber crimes’ being committed. Te issue of the warrant enforces the ISP to keep all cyber browsing history, and other internet activity to allow Law enforcement agencies access to prove and track crime.
This story was reported by the SMH in todays paper under the heading – New law to control cyber data …
Part of that story quoted Nicola Roxon and said in part:
Just when you thought that ‘privacy concerns’ were back in the bottle – internal requests by crime investigators had got their way to make it easier for them to do their jobs.
The problem with Laws like this is that they start out being honourable in their intent. But as they go through the process, others who have input make additional recommendations according to their own agenda’s, and quite often Lobby influence is behind those ‘additions’.
The ‘child pornography’ hunt is something they everybody will support – as is money laundering, drug crime and terrorism, but why throw in the ambit – of ‘infringement of copyright and intellectual property’ without qualification.
As explained in yesterdays story – and linked here – downloading movies, TV shows and even software is far from a crime with status anywhere near equal to the other crimes mentioned above.
The current copyright laws go no where near dealing with the technology advancement the internet brings when wanting to share movies, TV shows, and the like. The Law is wrong on this issues and need to be seen as being outdated in line with what yesterdays story outlined.
The new Law and the Bill passed yesterday can be read at the APH website – using this link.
This link provides a summary of the Bill and states –
In trying to track down the history and research information the Bill was based upon, the APH website ‘Bills Digest‘ link was used. This .pdf file gave a history of the Bills progress and research origins. When trying to use the links provided in the document – i.e. copy and pasting the text of the link – ‘404’ messages were returned – i.e. link not found.
Advice from the APH IT staff stated that the APH website changed in February 2012 and all the links in documents prior to that date are not working. The staffer was helpful and said that they would get someone go through the document and update all the links and send me advice when it had been completed.
[Can you imagine the task involved in updating the many millions of documents at the APH website date stamped pre Feb 2012 and the job of going through all these documents and updating the links. This is not ging to happen – so with the swoop and a new website all past documentation have been wiped from the system. If you wat the links updated you have to make a phone call and have the staffer try and find the document – of find the source link and update the link. If ever there was a way to upgrade a website – this pre Feb 2012 document and link erasure proves that the IT budget of the Government is limitless. I find this unbelievable – there are plenty of ways to maintain links in a site upgrade, if you wish to.]
This is an ongoing and important story, and when the APH get back with updated links to allow the research to continue – the story will continue. Other research on this story is also ongoing.
Please – if you found this story to your liking and would like to promote it to your social media contacts – i.e. Twitter, Facebook, or other icon linked account below – please click your favoured Icon(s) to promote the story.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]