EYE-BALL Opinion – Gillard’s PM tenure – All but over – She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– 18th Aug:
– Telstra-Bigpond – A protected Corporate species … WHY? – Part 1 – Telstra-Bigpond Billing Problems –
– 17th Aug:
– The Julian Assange saga – the World should be concerned –
– 16th Aug:
– The Asylum Seeker Solution – MP’s should hang their heads in shame
– 15th Aug:
– Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickering’s Offerings –
– 14th Aug:
– Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– 13th Aug:
– Gillard – beyond redemption I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– 9th Aug:
– Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– 9th Aug:
– Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt political Appointee & Politician –
– 2nd Aug:
– Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– 30th July:
– Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– 20th July:
– Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
– 19th July:
– Julia Gillard – Prime Minister … the Leader who Trashed a Nation !!!
– July 15th:
– July 15th:
– July 14th:
– Harry’s Political Updates …
– July 14th:
– July 13th:
– July 13th:
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Gillard’s PM tenure, All but over –
– She needs to learn a lesson from Nixon –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 20th Aug 2012 |
|T he AWU scandal from Gillard’s past hit the mainstream media today. It went ‘splat’ and months of ‘social-media’ heaved a big sigh of relief.Respected Journalist Paul Kelly led the charge on Sky News early Sunday morning and it was classic guilt defending with attack. By lunchtime all Commercial TV, the ABC, pay for view TV, and newspaper websites were feeding off the frenzy.
Whoever advised this vixen needs to learn old-school. Give her her dues – she will be a tough nut to crack if more of this mornings performance is what can be expected.
‘The Kangaroo Court of Australia‘ – (KCOA) – came out and canned Larry Pickering, as did the Sky presenter hosting the Gillard interview with Kelly in his promo for the show some 24 hours before. The KCOA story – linked above – claims Larry instigated a $15m fraud and is under a clouded investigation by some police who have dubious reputations. It’s a distraction and Larry ain’t as big a fish as the PM.
KCOA covered the Gillard story last year around the time Milne and Smith had a crack and got fired. KCOA sounded like some tit for tat petty skirmish over billing rights to the future TV story.
The next week will again be interesting – the House sits Monday to Thursday, and the lead story on every Commercial News show tonight led with the clip of Gillard and Kelly playing hardball.
The Opposition action plan in the House will dictate how this plays out in the political arena. The ALP caucus will also be burning the midnight-oil and mobile phone billing will see a spike with MP’s and strategist’s working out strategy. Then there will be those in the Rudd camp counting numbers, Swan will be polishing his own crown hoping it will blind everybody if it comes to a vote. Roxon and Plibesek will be looking in mirrors to make sure their plucked and groomed to an inch of their best look.
Shorten has his own demons and if he thought he had a shot – the whole world would roll over and laugh. His association with the AWU story and his link to Gillard and Arbib renders him as toxic as his mother in law thoughts about his philandering penis.
Paul Howes has Ludwig to hold his hand – that hand shaky from age and a career of thuggery and intimidation. Howes will be nervous and look around him and see all his lieutenants disappearing and looking for parachutes. He has no jack-rabbits up his sleeve and he likewise is rendered obsolete in this power vacuum.
Nixon hung around during the Watergate scandal and it proved to be a big mistake. The hits just kept coming and whatever he thought he could do to control the leaks from within the White House – he fumbled and misjudged the people around him severely.
The thing is that when the AFP start knocking on doors, nobody knows what people will do to escape the slightest indiscretion, they’ll squeal like stuffed pigs. Gillard is as good as a cooked pig on a spit and if she tries to hold on – the well-done version will turn crispy.
If Gillard even thinks for a moment that she can ride this out – it will be at the cost of the ALP and an election result that will splinter the Party from inside. She has knee-jerked her way on major policy issues for over two years now. The electorate want her gone and to stay risks more than the creditability of the Prime Ministers office.
She may have convince herself that ‘she did nothing wrong’ – but that is not what will sink her. Everybody sees guilty, the same as the Craig Thompson affair and she is as tied to that inaction as anyone could be. This is similar – there is guilt – prove you’re innocence. Absence of legal writs to shut down Pickering and the like is admission of guilt. She knows the Law and she could use it to give her accusers pause and to offer up their proof. The fact she has not further incriminates her.
She has made many enemies – and they won’t let it go. All the public can do now is wait and watch this time bomb prime itself for self-destruction. There is no joy in watching the carnage about to happen.
I fear for my children and my grandchildren and the lack of Leadership on offer. To think that we let someone with as chequered a past as this PM even get near the office – frightens me when I think about all those ALP Members and Senators, all knowing about this scandal and yet – in March this year they still voted to stick with her. They’re all a motley bunch and will never get my vote again – Nor will Abbott.
We all should vote ‘None of the Above‘ …
Just what is it that the Unions hold over these politicians?
Anna Bligh left Parliament after her humiliation – no fight left in her, it was not pretty for a month or so while the by-election took place but since then, there has not been a media story about her that I’ve seen.
Gillard will be different – out of the office she’s fair game for legal prosecutors, and because she was the PM justice will not only be seen to be done – they will pursue her with every resource available. Unless of course she cuts a deal – and any politician stupid enough to do that will feel the electorates wrath as well.
This still has some weeks, perhaps months to play itself out. Her response to Kelly today – ‘if you have an allegation you can back up – ask your question’ – was a primed response. She has plenty to hide and her demeanour today proves it once and for all. An innocent person would have adopted a different stance – one where they would have willingly answered questions with nothing to hide in an effort to put our the fires burning all around her. There are too many other people involved and she is protecting them as much as herself.
Having something to hide and forcing the accusers to lay their cars on the table is a game of chicken she has played before and obviously won. She knows how to play the game – pity she could not run a Country with such instincts as well.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]