|Links to Previous ‘Herman’ Posts:
– Shang Yang’s good governance – or is it good faith?
– Micro Economics – Thoughts and opinions on the Energy Debate!!!
A Chronology of Farce – and of a Government who Wonders Why Their Opinion Polls are so low.
2012 Overture – The Northern Summer Arrives –
2012 Overture – The Greek Elections
Creative Destruction …
White Collar Crime – Craig Thomson and Peter Slipper … or just Federal Parliament?
The 2012 Overture Act III
An update on the French Presidential elections and other
A Philosophical Appraisal of Social Economic Index… to Capture Wider Social Well Being.
The 2012 Overture – A Crappy New Year – Part III.
Democrazy Part XV – Clinging to Power.
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Herman’ posts:
click here …
– A Political Alternative –
– Australian Community Party –
| Author: EYE-BALL’s Herman | 17th Aug 2012 |
|Overnight this has come across my desk. I feel it is rather self explanatory. Just in case, a good friend, Mr Doug McLeod is attempting to start a new political party, The Australian Community Party to broaden debate. It goes:
A Community Party founded on the pillars of Unity, Democracy and Egalitarian Principals.
Australia is leaderless, with politics that borders on Oligarchy; where disproportionate share of the profits of the mining boom are being misappropriated by various elite professional groups rather than being invested into structural economic development. Australia has a history as a clever country, a world leader in science and engineering; yet that legacy has been and is consistently squandered to the point of disconnect and social dis-cohesion. For example;
- We have excess lawyers advertising their expertise in liability claims, but a legal system to which the average person has no access because it is prohibitively complex and expensive.
- We have liability laws which create individualism rather than community and collective goals.
- We have a huge industry of financial advisors who give bad financial advice.
- We have a shortage of engineers, and infrastructure career choices are secondary to finance and law.
- Career politicians are too well paid so they are sycophantic.
As we attempt to address this declining or stagnant productivity the OECD in their last report on Australia highlights the need for professional reform.
Founding Principles – Policy Platform.
This party is founded on the beliefs that our unprecedented rate of social and technical change has optimising choices. Therefore, our leaders must commit to broader economic wellness measures, encompassing;
- The most important single issue is preserving life on earth in all of its beauty and diversity.
- Policy and legal changes must be implemented with regard to their effect on community from which people derive their sense of cohesion, meaning and worth.
- Alienation of community and environmental degradation are secondary to success as measured by profits. Economic profit is debased.
- Progress in egalitarian concepts is consistently appropriated by the elite to serve their purposes eg Freedom of Information of Parliamentary Expenses, or double standards towards self endowment of Union Funds. Multi-nationals not paying their proportionate share of taxation. Outrageous salaries paid to Chief Executives.
- That Australia’s current economic policies are naive, controlled by narrow minded multi-nationals and behind the times in terms of contemporary theory and have demonstrably failed in practice.
- These policies have had the predictable effect of dumbing down Australian industry and turning us into a branch economy.
- Allowing foreign purchase of Australian assets does not bring in technology as claimed, but rather creates a demand for Australian dollars which keeps the dollar high, destroying our industry.
- That the Reserve Bank of Australia Charter return to the original 4 ideals of economic growth, low unemployment, stability of currency and contained inflation.
- That Australia needs an economic plan of the kind which has proven so successful for the Asian countries. That Australia must keep pace with the Asian nations or be treated with contempt by them.
- That Australia has been poorly served by its elite who lack generosity of spirit, ability and therefore confidence of the masses.
- Too often those same CEO’s are foreigners hired to not be bound by culture and society expectations.
- The elites use a narrow spectrum of liberal issues to vilify and dis-empower mainstream opinion.
- That the professions (particularly finance and law) are concerned only with misappropriating Australia’s natural wealth rather than serving the masses.
- Politicians are too well paid and afraid to make hard decisions only practising short sighted public opinion poll politics.
- Resulting in ultimately the appropriation of Australia’s wealth by the professional classes, particularly legal, financial planners, fund managers, CEOs and management classes, seriously depleting our national savings and leaving a capital deficit which has to be met from overseas investment. The remuneration those professional classes receive is not the result of the free market but rather the suspension of the free market by politically powerful interests.
- That the impact of this dis-cohesion on children and our future expectations has been particularly retrograde.
Now is the time to redeem the situation, now is the time for change! Procrastination is the thief of time!
The above is a work in progress. If these are the issues then solutions must follow. Please watch this space for part 2.
In coming weeks a website ‘communityparty.org.au’ will be established.
EYE-BALL’s ‘Herman’ …