EYE-BALL Opinion on – Gillard – beyond redemption III – Pickerings Offerings –
Latest ‘EYE-BALL Opinion’ Posts:
– Gillard – beyond redemption II – More from Alan Jones and Mike Smith –
– Gillard – beyond redemption Part I – the walls are about to come dawn –
– Why did Mark Arbib jump Ship? – Was he the smartest of them all –
– Two Examples of Injustice – Corrupt Political Appointee & a Politician –
– Enough is Enough – At What Point do you call American’s DUMB –
– Mal Brough – is it replacing one crook with another –
– Australia’s Watergate – Gillard to go to Jail … if JUSTICE be served!!!
– Julia Gillard – Prime Minister … the Leader who Trashed a Nation !!!
– Harry’s Political Updates …
Democracy v Party Politics … The reason why it fails us all …
Ex French President – Nicolas Sarkozy
To see more EYE-BALL ‘Opinion’ posts:
– Gillard – beyond redemption III –
– Pickering’s Offerings –
| Author: EYE-BALL Opinion | 15th Aug 2012 |
|T he Australian much loved cartoonist Larry Pickering has taken up the baton to right what he saw as a wrong, and what a big wrong it is.
The Gillard AWU story started way back in 1992. Glenn Milne who had been doing some deep background had interviewed Gillard in 2007 when she made her famous ‘young and naive’ comment. Milne again broached the subject with more information in late Aug 2011 as did Mike Smith of 2UE fame. Both were again going to report on the story.
Milne’s story was actually published, Smith’s was pulled by 2UE Management only minutes before it was to go to air.
The Milne story is published below – copied from ex PM John Howard’s Facebook page …
The Stat Dec Bolt was referring to in this story was the Bob Kernohan statement and can be read using … this link … [PDF File.]
What is interesting is – if what Milne reported was false Gillard had a massive libel suit in the offering. The fact that she settled for an apology and a retraction meant she was either ill-advised, or she knew the story was for the most part factually true. That had to have set off alarm bells for all the Media chiefs.
This has been lost in what has transpired since. Rather than take the Media to Court under defamation laws – Gillard was content to settle cheaply from a Media perspective. What is not known is did News also settle with Gillard on a financial scale?
This has never been disclosed or asked from what can be established.
The ‘Kangaroo Court of Australia’ blog site picked up on the story on the 5th September 2011 and wrote … this piece …
‘The Telegraph’, and ‘The Australian’, and other publications ran many stories in the weeks after the event covering Milne, Smith for 2UE, and Andrew Bolt – all to do with the media i.e. Fairfax and News, backdown against the Gillard threats and the action taken against Milne and Smith.
Some of these stories are linked below for background reading:
There were many other stories in the archives that had relevance. Any claim by Pickering that he initiated the story is clearly false.
To give him his dues he has picked up the baton and has taken it to a point where named radio starts including, Alan Jones, and one Derryn Hinch have run with the story.
ALP MP Robert McClelland also raised the matter in The House a few months ago. It was an obscure speech and those who have been following the story did pick up the context.
This McClelland speech raises an interesting point – if McClelland knew of this fraud when it first happened 20 odd years ago – why as an MP did he not raise the matter when Gillard became elected to Parliament. How could he in all good conscience let all of Australian be led by someone involved with a crime as he knew it to be? How many other Labour MP’s were also in the ‘know’ and learnt to live with it?
This clearly damages the ALP brand in a way that should involve the AEC, the Federal Police and any other relevant authority so charged with finding out who had what knowledge, and who was involved with the cover-up, and how someone with a track record such as Gillard’s could ever be pre-selected to run for public office.
I’ve digressed – sorry – the thrust is to give Pickering his dues for having carried the story thus far.
For about four months now Pickering has had a Facebook page that contained short stories about his life experiences and his oh so clever Political cartoons about the current Government. His follower base has steadily grown and now boasts around 6,000 on-line followers. His readership is much wider.
He picked up the AWU story shortly after Facebook banned him for publishing cartoons of Gillard wearing a monster of a ‘black dildo’. He drew her regularly and she always had the dildo in place – the Facebook banning grew his popularity and several followers took to their own pages to have the ban overturned.
This site blogged about the banishment at the time through its Political Reporter Harry HD – … read here …
Since that time Pickering has been committed to exposing this story in full. In fact he is so sure of his sources and evidence that he has dared anybody to come after him with a writ to try and shut him up. As yet nobody has taken up the challenge which more than suggests that Gillard really is in trouble.
Larry Pickering is no professional journalist. His way of leaking parts of the story to his rabid readership has flayed them up into a frenzy. His mega offerings are enough to keep his ‘Pied Piper’ followers on the case and spreading the word via coping and pasting his Facebook posts to as many people who will read what he has to say.
Larry’s presentation of his facts and take on the story reads like a soap opera – and as indicated – a professional journalist would have wait until the whole story was in, and had been approved by legal and the like before they went public.
Pickering has indicated on-air that he has had legal people involved from the outset. His business and life experience make him no fool – so when he says he’s got it – Gillard had better belive it.
Let us ponder what might happen for a moment going forward – let us say that Pickering has all that he says he has in that it will bring down the Government – that is not going to happen just on his bog posts and the media claiming all that has been done and producing evidence to back it up.
The prosecution process requires the Police or other relevant authority that will deal with this to first of all establish its point of reference, and what its authority is to be. For starters – where will you find a Federal or State prosecutor to pick up the mantle?
Constitutional Lawyers will debate this among themselves for months trying to find precedent and a way to unseat a sitting PM for alleged corruption some 20 years ago. It will be a frustrating and protracted process.
If Gillard resigns under the pressure than legal proceedings will become a matter of course. If she does not – how do you go about a process to establish charges against a sitting PM? And then – how do you enforce the legal proceedings on a sitting PM?
Larry Pickering needs to think this through if he already hasn’t. Stating on-air that Gillard only has ‘weeks left in the job’, sounds appeasing to those who want a change of Government – but the protocol to be followed will ensure that this Government will most likely last well beyond Christmas and possibly through to the next election if Gillard digs in. Of course the ALP caucus can grow a pair and save itself some historic humiliation and do the job for the electorate at large.
Since Gillard stared down both the Fairfax and News media in August last year – the mainstream media have been looking for a way to have this matter exposed via other means.
Two days ago a News journalist asked a direct question of the PM as reported … here … – well that same journalist is no longer working for News. It’s been reported by Pickering that he took a redundancy package the same day he asked the question.
What is it that she has over the Media Barons?
It is not beyond the realms of belief that Pickering is a stooge front on behalf of News or Fairfax … his Facebook outlet only started earlier this year – ‘The Pickering Post’ is just on a month old – Pickering’s sources for News generally carry ‘AAP’ as the source but that could be sourced from any other media proprietor.
If he is doing this in a completely independent manner and that is what I believe to be the case – than he truly deserves recognition for his efforts thus far.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Links to Australian Parliamentary Website – MP’s
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]