EYE-BALL Opinion on – “Carbon Tax” & “Climate Change” … A 21st Century Swindle …
– “Carbon Tax” …
…and “Climate Change” –
… A 21st Century Swindle …
3rd July 2012.
|Hot on the wire services in recent weeks is a recant of opinion by World renowned and Climate Change doomsayer – James Lovelock. He has given notice to the World that he has reversed his position on the “Climate Change” debate. He has been widely reported over his interview earlier this year and various Media outlets around the World have printed this story. Please read these stories linked below:
All these stories call for reading for anybody with an open mind on the Climate Change debate.
In the ‘Toronto Sun’ story Mr Lovelock’s comments state in part –
There is much more to the interview – and his revelation that most of the hysteria surrounding the dooms day scenario prompting the Carbon Tax legislation is protecting ‘self-interests’ makes complete sense.
“Q and A” Monday last was famous for the fainting spell from “Get-Up” founder Simon Sheikh – but aside from that high drama which everybody seemed to move on from pretty quickly – the debate was about the “Carbon Tax”.
Frustrations abound in this debate – and may people have no idea what the debate is about as evidenced by the “Aussie Beach TV” YouTube clip displayed in “Harry’s Growl” latest Political updates – linked here – or can be seen on-line here. The “Q and A” program again highlighted the pig headed beliefs people have – they rely on others to give them their position and opinion – yet if you were to ask them simple questions about Carbon emissions, percentages structures and what the whole debate is about very few could put a few coherent words together.
The ‘Carbon Tax’ is an incentive based tax to try and reduce carbon emissions – it is poorly structured and will have little impact if any at all in reducing ‘greenhouse’ gases. Carbon is not the toxic gas the Carbon Tax is targeted at and even the Government MP’s have trouble debating this point.
AL Gore has a lot to answer for – his “Inconvenient Truth” was fiction and intimidated weak Politicians. Government funded Scientist saw decades of funding ahead if they gave positive responses to the ‘fear’ that gripped Global Leaders if they did nothing. Three years ago I was a Climate Change supporter – when the Carbon Tax became central to the Governments way forward – I did the research and within a week became a skeptic.
With Mr Lovelock’s reversal – where do the Greens go now. News out today that New Zealand have backed away from a Carbon Emission trading scheme and a Carbon Tax leaves Australia exposed and will diminish Gillard and the Government’s current position even further. [See the New Zealand story here.]
There is plenty more to come on this subject that will be negative for the Government. At what stage will Gillard admit her errors and go to the polls – the short answer NEVER!!!
She will drag us all down before she admits liability and for that she should be put in a ‘pillory’ to allow us all to vent our rage.
Governments have no liability past their current and future tenure. When their thrown from office they go back to the Opposition bench and fight against the new Government attacking all their previous work.
If the cost of this mantling and dismantling was calculated and shown to the Australian people as a real number and cost to taxpayers – no Politician would escape. They would claim that they were not there when these policies were enacted … but that evolution is what Politics is all about.
Our Leaders are supposed to enact policies that protect and provide for us all into the unknown future. It has been a long time since those sorts of policies have been the real focus of any Governments policy agenda. It is about re-election and the holding onto power.
This Carbon Tax is a bad Tax, the ‘Mining Rent Resource Tax’ (MRRT) is a worse Tax, the appreciating and continued high A$ is worse than both combined, and yet the Government nor the Reserve Bank want to do anything to stop the appreciating A$.
This single high A$ policy inaction – and the Opposition are ‘mugs’ on this issue as well – has cost Australia many A$100’s of billions over the last 6-7 years. This Government is guaranteeing that the future of this Nation will only get worse for future generations and that should make everybody cry. On our watch our children’s children will inherit all the errors and stuff ups being made by this Government and an ineffective Opposition.
The GREEN’s are most at fault for this Carbon Tax as it was the price Gillard had to pay to become PM. Gillards willingness to roll over on her ‘no Carbon Tax’ policy before the last election proves what a ‘whore’ she is. Her self-interest was the worst act of political treachery by any politician in living memory. It was even worse the the ‘children overboard’ scandal.
We are demanding Leadership, we deserve visionary leadership – and this ‘Three Holes from Hell’ of a PM can’t begin to even think she fills that role … if she does not resign then someone should give her the bump everybody wants.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now - August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta - August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin - August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 -
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment -
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]