EYE-BALL Opinion on – Media Spin – Paul Howes … his tortured past …
– Media Spin – Paul Howes –
… his tortured past …
27th June 2012.
|Anews feed came across my desk this morning that spiked interest – it concerned Paul Howes and a report that he had done an interview with “Womans Magazine”. The interview was paraphrased in the SMH story and prompted further investigation.
Paul Howes is the National Secretary of the AWU – Australian Workers Union– and is most famously known for his role in toppling Prime Minister Kevin Rudd in June 2010 and supporting Julia Gillard as the new PM.
The SMH story had a slant – written by Andrew Hornery it is reproduced below:
Now this all seems a little bit like the man we know – or at least we think we know. Howes has made some ‘clangers’ in recent months in relation to the Qantas layoffs and the Foreign Workers Gina Rinehart wants to bring in to work on her new ‘Roy Hill’ mining venture. However when I did a little more digging I find the following intro at the ‘Womans Weekly’ website on the same story.
Well – from the same interview transcript the SMH’s Hornery lived up to his name when he got ‘ornery’ about Paul Howes and his hatred for his step-father.
I won’t buy the ‘Womans Weekly’ magazine on principal – I don’t buy any print media full stop – and as Paul Howes goes – my opinion is that he cooked his own goose with the electorate when he supported this ‘Headless Chook’ of a Prime Minister we have to live with for the moment.
But to be fair – the WW story when compared with the SMH slant does not mix well. To me this is the Media spin being offered up by Journalists or their Editors with an agenda. Where does Hornery get the license or mandate to announce:
Three months ago Bill SHorten was the anointed ex Union Boss to become the next PM. The WW story appears to be about Adoption policy that Paul Howes feels strongly about from a personal experience. All Hornery wanted to do was focus on the ‘hatred’ Howes felt for his step-father. My first impressions on the SMH story was a negative emotive response – yet on reading the WW paraphrased content – I became angry at the slant of the SMH story. Pisses me off that the media plays games like this.
This is a perfect reason why media content in this Nation cannot be trusted in any way. You just don’t know who is pulling the strings and what their agenda is.
Be wary all …
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now – August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders – August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta – August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin – August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 –
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 –
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment –
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]