EYE-BALL Opinion on – Post Mortem – the role of the media …
Post Mortem – the role of the media …
|The way Politics is presented to this Nation needs to be reviewed on many levels in light of the current expose. This ‘after’ and ‘before’ saturation and forensic type commentary with opinions offered by all media outlets with their own agenda’s – is this the way we want our Politics covered and presented?
For starters – and similar to the MP’s themselves – how much is really known about each of these media presenters, their editors and the agenda each of them have? It was obvious over the last week that media presenters had their own views and were reporting those views in a biased way throughout this GILLARD v RUDD leadership challenge. The DRUM and shows like it present to ‘stand-up’ side of politics from a reporters perspective – often making fun and prodding a thought to incite audience connect. Is this adding to the integrity or diminishing the perception of public interest and how our politicians are viewed.
The Politicians can be held accountable themselves for seeking the media spotlight – it is the easiest way to attack or spread a new policy and it works both ways for the Opposition as well as the Government.
The influence the media have on public opinion dictates how MP’s have to win favour with the media proprietors and presenters to get good positive airtime. It is a time for ‘one-liners’ and that is what MP’s staffers are looking for every day – a punchy line that gets played over and over again with the MP who delivered it on the TV tube in front of voters.
The ‘candy-ass’ sweetness hiding the bile and contempt simmering beneath the surface is how our politics is reported on. All the reporters know the goings on of MP’s both private and political – and all that is hidden to present a Government that has some idea of what they’re doing in running a country.
All that has been raised about Mr RUDD and his dysfunctionality – if we had of been given good and honest reporting by the media at the time – as opposed to the all night commentary feeding the frenzy perhaps there would have been some support for Gillard’s actions – but after the fact and filling in the blanks is not how our politics should be reported.
If the ALP wants to rebuild and to a large degree reinvent itself – then the media should take a step back and reflect its influence and reporting of politics. The public’s interest is acknowledged – but productivity over the past week across the Nation was impacted because of the political distractions. Is this a good thing?
Time fo everybody to have a rethink … to help with that rethink the following YouTube post is presented:
[correction - the video is from See http://barnabyisright.com/about/ - and nothing to do with Barnaby Joyce or the National Party.
Please use the Commonwealth Government links below to find your Local Member and let them know how you feel about this – of you can just post a comment below and let off some steam. [Links updated 23rd Feb 4:00pm Sydney Time due to page move.]
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now - August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta - August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin - August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 -
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment -
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]