EYE-BALL Opinion on – Is “OIL” over …?
Is “OIL” over …?
15th July 2012.
|Areport published in Saturday’s ‘Weekend Australian’ carried a story about a new energy revolution unleashed in America. It concerns how America has found away to ease its dependency from off-shore oil imports. America has a stated aim to become completely energy dependent and the new extraction methods for shale oil gas deposits is seen as their way to a cleaner and more secure energy future.
That story is re-published below:
In Australia the ‘fracking’ experiment has run into environmental obstacles – the gas release has leaked into the water table in QLD’s Bowen basin and agricultural and graziers interests are concerned about secondary underground water contamination. To research this story I went to the Fracking industry in America which is the base of the story above.
As part of the research I found and watched a 2010 produced program called ‘Gasland’. It’s an Academy Award documentary about the ‘Hydraulic Fracking’ industry currently underway in America and before several Senate committee hearings at both State and Federal level. I downloaded the 2 hr Documentary from Kickass Torrents – linked here … [you'll need the Bit Torrent program Vuze or Bit Torrent to assist with the download ... link to Vuze free download...] -
The Doco is about American Industry and consumers problems caused by the Fracking practice and the by product water contamination caused by the chemicals used in the process.
Ex Vice President Dick Cheney – and his connections with Halliburton where he was CEO before he became George Bush Jnr’s running mate – is connected through this doco as having used his political position and connections with big business to assist with the Fracking legislation bypassing the existing legislation protecting clean water, waterways and water table supply. If this is so – then Cheney is as guilty as Al Gore when it comes to misleading the public for personal interests.
The raw footage in this doco is unbelievable in that the by-product of this Fracking industry has contaminated large areas of American agriculture and parkland to almost uninhabitable for both humans and animals.
Yet – in Australia State Governments are in a rush to sign away ‘Fracking’ leases to Oil and Gas companies. If you watch this Doco – i.e. ‘Gasland’ – you will become an environmentalist in an instant. To think that American State and Federal Governments have allowed the Fracking Industry free reign to drill and extract the natural gas, and as pointed out in the above story, are embracing the new gas deposits found between shale oil plates, the unknown long term impact on water quality and water tables is still and remains an unanswered question and a serious threat.
The US Congress continue to have meetings on the impact of Fracking and the Doco producer Josh Fox, was arrested as he tried to attend the Committee hearing with his cameras – read this story here …
This original story produced above and tucked away in ‘The Australian’ has generated a desire to do more research on this subject. As part of that research I am currently working my way through the US Senate Energy and Natural Resources hearings and notes of Fracking – you can join the search for knowledge at the US Government Senate Energy and Natural Resources website here … – type in Fracking as a search item and begin to understand how Democracy and big Business works.
This story ain’t over ….
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
Read more EYE-BALL Posts here ….
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Admin Links
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now - August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta - August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin - August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 -
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment -
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]