EYE-BALL Opinion on – Skyrocketing Electricity Cost
Skyrocketing Electricity Costs
13th July 2012.
|Let us at least be honest with ourselves – skyrocketing electricity prices have us all concerned, and we all want to blame the Carbon Tax.
This would be silly to do so – the foremost of reason for increased tariffs and cost of electricity is not because of the new ‘Carbon Tax’ or raw material cost increases – the real reason is infrastructure replacement and upgrades.
State Governments sold their interest as Electricity suppliers at cheapened prices because they had not paid for their upkeep or modernisation. The State Government’s did not have the intent – nor had the monies to maintain and do the upgrades necessary. The sales all happened in the last few years and has been forgotten so easily. Yet the real damage was done a decade and longer ago when the State Governments failed to realise and respond to the every increasing and essential need for increased electricity requirements. They planned badly.
When the electricity market was first talked about being privatised – NSW and Victorian consumers were most at risk to price increases. As delays in the privatisation mounted, QLD joined the ranks. State Labour Governments had failed to upgrade infrastructure that had been neglected for decades.
This was negligent management on the part of the State Government’s and when electricity demand grew – Government’s did not have the money nor the will to complete the infrastructure upgrades. Of course the new buyers had to upgrade and they are passing these costs onto consumers.
Nothing wrong with that – if you want to point blame – look towards the previous State Government’s and their Management record going back decades.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s new Blogsite … August 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Goodbye and Farewell … for now - August 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 4 August 8, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 3 August 7, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” – The Campaign Trail – Day 2 August 6, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s – “On the Hustings” Day 1 – The Campaign Begins - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion’s “None of the Above” campaign – We don’t trust our Leaders - August 5, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Snoop-Poop – Ricky Stuart – NRL Supercoach!!! Poor, Poor, Parramatta - August 4, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – Federal Economic Update – A conjuror’s spin - August 2, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL’s MediaZone Growl No: 4 – Australia’s Media Horde July 30, 2013
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.6 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.5 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.4 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – Special EYE-BALL Guru Report – The Economic Triggers Part 2.3 -
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- TE-BO Harry's Growl
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 51 – The US Back Gillard – Poor Call or Poor Form -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 50 – Rudd’s House of Pain, He must learn that ‘less is more’ –
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 49 – Shorten has to be made accountable -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 48 – Gillard’s “Mrs Doubtfire” moment -
- TE-BO - [The EYE-BALL Opinion]