EYE-BALL Opinion on – The PM – Duchess Gillard – Living in her own Glass Bubble!
- The PM – Duchess Gillard -
Living in her own Glass Bubble!
18th June 2012.
|Leaders of the World with membership to the G20 select group – are currently gathering for a meeting in Mexico over the next few days. The World awaits the outcome of this meeting with reference to where Leadership can agree in how to overcome the continuing GFC fallout.
Firstly, members will collectively sigh their relief at the weekend Greek election result that appears to have handed victory – be it by a tight majority – to the New Democracy Party that stands on a platform to remain a part of the EuroZone. That would mean that the Greek people have voted to accept the bail-out package and its austerity terms as offered some three months. It was this same bailout package that saw the Greek elections some six weeks ago end in a stalemate and sent global financial markets into another panic.
Some background on the G-20 – and as presented at the G-20 statistics website linked here..
G20 members represent almost:
For a more comprehensive portrayal of key economic indicators of G20 countries visit: http://www.principalglobalindicators.org. The G-20 is becoming a big deal – as compared with the G-7 where the global monetary decisions are made.
Our Prime Minister Ms Gillard is among the G-20 leaders assembling at the summit and she has delivered a pre-emptive message to all the g-20 members on what she and the Australian Treasurer think should be a focus for the meeting.
But firstly – the PM delivered a speech to the Australian Business Forum she arranged to try and have 150 or so Business Leaders believe in the Australian economy and talk it up as opposed to the pessimism that prevails over most of the economy.
Below is the speech delivered by the PM to open her Business forum.
Her closing remarks appear below:
On the content of the speeches – she is living in a ‘Glass-Bottle’ – she believes in what she says and the reality of that belief is in the poll numbers and her staff screening her from the realism of how the electorate really feel toward her. The Business Forum was her own show – her own trial performance before the bigger stage performance at the G-20.
The only problem – most saw it for what it was – another PR exercise in ‘selling’ the Julia Gillard brand. Nobody’s buying.
Glen Stevens the head of the RBA also spoke at this forum and a most embarrassing moment crushed his sheech aftertaste. He could not draw, or beg further questions from the floor in response to his speech. [Listen to his speech on-line here.]
It indicated an unwillingness for Business Leaders to engage with the RBA Governor on matters like foreign exchange policy, on interest rate policy and the reasons why the RBA do not use both to cover their mandate. If one was to offer Mr Stevens and the PM a reason why Business Leaders remained silent – it would be because they were there for the food and the network connections, and the business expense tax deduction. They were not there to hear what the PM had to say.
As much as PM Gillard tries – the question that lingers at grass-root levels is how can a privileged existence with extremes of comfort, and material trappings, allow any Political Leader, Government Member, Department Head, or other Public servant living a ‘trappings’ lifestyle and divorced from mainstream Australians, to identify with the realism of a lifestyle attached to the marginalised sectors of their electorates?
How can making economic policy for the future be accomplished without any of these leaders having exposure to the real hardship ordeals that are a part of everyday life for people living and suffering under the policies being delivered? Talking about Aboriginal existence, of the homeless, of children living without parents, does not get it done. Unless you are connected to the problem – how can you be offering a solution to the problem?
Australians have turned off Julia Gillard and are not listening anymore. The problem is that someone has yet to tell her the truth about her future in policies in a real and honest way. She lives in a ‘Glass-Bottle’ – she has staff who isolate her from the real criticism of her Leadership, the real commentary offered up about her style, her orations, her public appearances, her on-camera appearances, and her relationship exposures.
She has lost the respect of the electorate – something that even Kevin Rudd had not achieved before Gillard made her move and replaced him. She has many in her ministry that have similarly been shunned by the electorate. They know who they are via their own poll numbers. Collectively – this Cabinet and its function makes Australia a laughing-stock within the Global community.
The Government believes ‘its actions’ saved the Australian economy – where the truth lies somewhere between the China demand for our resources, and the low public debt levels it inherited from the previous Government. Rudd’s Prime Minster stewardship also had merit in investing in large infrastructure projects and disbursing funds into the economy and that retained jobs and kept un-employment numbers low.
The Ministers for the largest stuff-ups and wasteful use of Government funds during that challenge were Peter Garret and the ‘Pink-Bats’ scandal, and Julia Gillard and the schools capital works program that saw the Government pay 100′s millions in contract fees that largely went to generous Labour Party donor Companies. Both of these expenditure ‘free-rides’ were never throughly investigated. There remains many questions and a large value of funds unaccounted for. Lawsuits have ensured but this is all backchannelling and not mainstream. Ministerial responsibility has largely been avoided – with the exception that Peter Garret’s political career has flatlined forever. Not so Gillard …
This Governments hubris at their own good fortune at their GFC survival – as opposed to their Government led policy stuff-ups, i.e. MRRT and the Carbon Tax, – have them all living in this ‘Glass-Bottle’ insulated to the realism that is the current ALP and its connect with the Australian people. Given the NSW and QLD State election results – you would think that some humility might prevail – but no – we have Swan wearing his ‘Worlds Best Treasurer’ halo, and Gillard as the ‘doer’ of Kevin Rudd out there thinking they have the answers to the World’s economic ails. Can you believe that they co-authored a letter to the G-20 members that has been delivered and is now being openly talked about. That letter is produced below:
This letter is a most embarrassing document – and shameful to all Australians and let me tell you why. I have highlighted sections of the speech that I find most offensive.
This PM has the worst poll numbers of any living Prime Minister – she leads a Government deeply embroiled in a corruption scandal that in any other era would have forced a new election. She has blood on her hands in the way she became Prime Minister, and she has a yet to be fully exposed and be exploited by a scandal of her own that will rival and surpass the Craig Thompson affair. She is not a worthy spokesperson to represent Australians anywhere – let alone on a World stage like the G-20.
It can be likened in retrospect to the George Bush moment at the G-20 summit in Australia under John Howard’s Prime Ministership – where GW rambled and slurred his way throughout his address. In Gillards case – her speech was delivered without respect to the genuine hardships other G-20 Members are enduring. Such condescending comments will blow back in her face and rendered her as a ‘dead-woman walking’ in electoral terms.
This ‘Glass Bubble’ she lives within is all about survival mode – yet she see’s that she has the right, and is her duty to preach to the rest of the world about Australia’s economic prosperity. In the lead up to the G-20, Gillard spoke to the B-20 group. That speech appears below:
Let us broach a moment of extreme truth – to be a woman in politics is not so unacceptable – but to be a Nations Leader it takes an exceptional woman to hold such a position. History only reveals Margaret Thatcher having led a successful Government in past history of any of the G-20 Nations. Currently there is Merkel who is Chancellor of Germany and she appears to have the weight of the survival of the EuroZone on her shoulders.
The cold hard fact is that men and woman across the world do not think Women are ‘there’ yet in the ‘feminist’ movement. It’s a generational movement and it will have its failures – Australia have one now in Ms Gillard – she is not exceptional – she is not in any way connected with mainstream women or the ideals of Australians – i.e. she does not believe in marriage, nor religion, nor motherhood, nor gay marriage or civil rights, she has never been outside the Union comfort zone as a employment background – and without wanting to cast personal character accusations – her choice in men she has chosen to share time with has been questionable.
It is time Australia to give this woman a true message – one that she can not mistake – one that will free Australia from the continued disrespect she offers up for the office of the Prime Minister of Australia.
Have your say where it counts: – contact your Local Federal Representative via the links below and let them know how you feel about this, or any other topic that you feel strongly about – or you can just post a comment below and let off some steam.
The EYE-BALL Opinion …
Have your say ... please be frank and respectful ... witty comments welcome ... coarse language will be filtered ... Cancel reply
|The views and opinions contained within this web-site are private and made with the intention of creating free debate among anyone who reads or wishes to make comment. All non-spam generated comments will be posted. Comments and opinions are expressed and made without personal PREJUDICE or MALICE. They are not meant to offend but to purely enlighten readers of an opinion that might not be considered MAINSTREAM. Please enjoy the site and feedback is very welcome.|
EYE-BALL Site Tag Search:
EYE-BALL Categories Search
Search Posts Monthly:
EYE-BALL’s Posts Archive …
Most Recent Comments:
|barry on EYE-BALL’s Herman on…|
|hermanohermitage on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|RP_Man on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Guru on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Barry M on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Harry H.D. on EYE-BALL’s Harry’s…|
|barry on EYE-BALL’s Harry’s…|
|Herman on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Guru on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Guru on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Guru on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Paul on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|Eye-Ball on EYE-BALL Opinion – Just…|
|EYE-BALL’s Guru on –… on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
|david the pragmatist on EYE-BALL’s Guru on…|
Federal Election 2013
Eye-Ball’s most active Tags:
- GST hike should be on the table: NSW May 19, 2013 AAP
- Cost of living key to voting May 17, 2013 Rick Morton, Social Affairs Writer
- Libs' plan to dismantle carbon laws May 17, 2013 GRAHAM LLOYD, ENVIRONMENT EDITOR
- Gallipoli advice given site unseen May 17, 2013 CAMERON STEWART
- Young families bear brunt of cutbacks May 17, 2013 PATRICIA KARVELAS
- Greens slam Labor over smuggler focus May 17, 2013 Mark Schliebs
- Crean no Cairns... his sacking personal May 17, 2013 TROY BRAMSTON
- Mundine ready to serve Abbott May 17, 2013 NATASHA ROBINSON
- Gold and commodities fall while Dollar and bond yields rise May 16, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- ASX 200 selling pressure builds as Aussie Dollar falls May 16, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- Sorry, World, U.S. Consumers Can’t Save You | WSJ May 16, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- Canada: TSX Composite recovery May 13, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- Forex: Aussie breaks support while Yen soars May 13, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- The human side of Russian motorists May 13, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- The monetary policy revolution May 13, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- Gold rally falters, while bond yields rise May 9, 2013 ColinTwiggs
- Roy Series 2 Episode 9 Uncle Troy May 19, 2013
- Inside Business Series 2013 19/05/13 May 19, 2013
- Sadie J Series 2 Episode 1 Kissalicious May 19, 2013
- Insiders Series 2013 19/05/13 May 19, 2013
- Life On Mars Episode 7 May 18, 2013
- True Stories Series 2 Episode 5 The Silence Of The Lambs May 18, 2013
- Trailer: Funny As: Wil Anderson 9.30pm Sat 25 May ABC2 May 18, 2013
- Trailer: Death In Paradise Series 2 Episode 3 7.30pm Sat 25 May ABC1 May 18, 2013
- Dockers' injury woes part of AFL: Lyon May 19, 2013
- O'Farrell backs GST review May 19, 2013
- Dugan eyes Origin return May 19, 2013
- Reborn 'Tahs up for three-way Super fight May 19, 2013
- GST hike should be on the table: O'Farrell May 18, 2013
- Reds rue costly misses in Super Rugby loss May 18, 2013
- Cheetahs dump Reds 27-13 in Super Rugby May 18, 2013
- Dance teacher 'snapped naked girls' May 18, 2013
- EYE-BALL's Herman on - The Tears of a Prime Minister - wp.me/p19sYT-3ox via @bleyzie_____________ 2 hours ago
The EYE-BALL Opinion Site Menu
- About the EYE-BALL Authors
- The EYE-BALL AdvocacyZone
- The EYE-BALL CommunityZone
- The EYE-BALL EnvironmentZone
- The EYE-BALL FMZ – [Financial Markets Zone ]
- Herman O’HERMITAGE
- The EYE-BALL JokeZone
- The EYE-BALL MediaZone
- The EYE-BALL Movie Zone
- The EYE-BALL NovelZone -
- The EYE-BALL Opinion
- The EYE-BALL PhotoZone
- The EYE-BALL PoliticalZone
- The EYE-BALL SportsZone
- EYE-BALL Opinion
- “YUCK” Files
- EYE-BALL GURU
- Herman O’HERMITAGE
- Financial Markets
- Harry’s Growl
- EYE-BALL Stories
- The EYE-BALL Opinion
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Just Stunningly Beautiful – Jackie Evancho – With Talent like this there is amazement … enjoy -
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Budget 2013-14 – Wayne Swan about to deliver an ALP death notice –
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL MediaZone Growl No: 2 – The SMH’s – Mark Kenny … Chief Political Correspondent
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL MediaZone Growl No: 1 – The Australian’s – Adam Creighton
- EYE-BALL’s “SNOOP POOP” on – NRL 2013: – NRL 2013: Round 7 – Rabbitohs  defeat Manly  -
- EYE-BALL’s “SNOOP POOP” on – NRL 2013: Week 1 – Game 2 – SeaEagles  defeat Broncos  -
- EYE-BALL’s “SNOOP POOP” on – NRL 2013: Week 1 – Game 1 – Rabbitohs  defeat Roosters  -
- EYE-BALL’s “SNOOP POOP” on – Women journalist writing about Men’s Sport – - they had better be good -
- EYE-BALL Guru
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – A Special EYE-BALL Guru Report Part 1 -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – When is Government a Business and – when is Government a Government -
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – Wayne Swan’s “Treasury Mistakes” – The Evidence of Incompetence – a Ponzi expert in the making.
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – Wayne Swan’s “Treasury Mistakes” – A Follow-Up -
- EYE-BALL JokeZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone
- EYE-BALL MovieZone – Favourites Review: TV Series – ELEMENTARY -
- EYE-BALL MovieZone – Favourites Review: Oliver Stones:- “The Untold History of the United States”
- EYE-BALL MovieZone – Favourites Review: “Garrow’s Law” (2009) TV Show Seasons 1-2 …
- EYE-BALL MovieZone – Favourites Review: “Last Man Standing” (2012) TV Show Season 1 …
- F.C.A.T.A. Web Master
- Harry HOUND-DOG
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 38 – Swan’s Rubbery Figures – A “Waste of Space” Oddity … by Parody …
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 40 – The YouTube Clip that keeps on Giving – Labor’s [Gillard's] Lies and Awkward Moments -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 39 – ZNet hosts Conroy and Turnbul – in a debate on Communications -
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 38 – Dribble from a Dribbler – Gillard becoming more redundant every day -
Most Popular Posts Last 48 hrs
- The EYE-BALL Opinion Blogsite - FRONTPAGE
- EYE-BALL's Guru on - The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget - A Special EYE-BALL Guru Report Part 1 -
- EYE-BALL's Herman on - The Tears of a Prime Minister -
- EYE-BALL Opinion - Just Stunningly Beautiful - Jackie Evancho - With Talent like this there is amazement ... enjoy -
- EYE-BALL's Harry's Growl on - Election 2013 - Growl No: 38 - Swan's Rubbery Figures - A "Waste of Space" Oddity ... by Parody ...
Most Recent Posts:
- EYE-BALL’s Herman on – The Tears of a Prime Minister – May 19, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – The Wayne Swan 2013-14 Federal Budget – A Special EYE-BALL Guru Report Part 1 - May 18, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Harry’s Growl on – Election 2013 – Growl No: 38 – Swan’s Rubbery Figures – A “Waste of Space” Oddity … by Parody … May 17, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – When is Government a Business and – when is Government a Government - May 14, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Just Stunningly Beautiful – Jackie Evancho – With Talent like this there is amazement … enjoy - May 13, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – Wayne Swan’s “Treasury Mistakes” – The Evidence of Incompetence – a Ponzi expert in the making. May 12, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – Budget 2013-14 – Wayne Swan about to deliver an ALP death notice – May 11, 2013
- EYE-BALL’s Guru on – Wayne Swan’s “Treasury Mistakes” – A Follow-Up - May 10, 2013
- EYE-BALL Opinion – EYE-BALL MediaZone Growl No: 2 – The SMH’s – Mark Kenny … Chief Political Correspondent May 9, 2013
- EYE-BALL JokeZone – The Promised Land May 8, 2013